Lightning Rounds, Dec 24 edition

Options

Comments

• The very last round is Mags, right? Or am
    I misremembering?

If so , fair warning, since I'll be going in that one. Haven't really been able to play hard in any of the other rounds I cared about, but still ended up top 8 in Hood twice. Yellow Hood, blue Mags, and red Mags are all I need to complete my villain covers.
  • I think last round is rags? If it's a complete rotation it will be.

Also wow lot of people getting their rags for xmas.

Pretty good day for me, got top 8 in rags(didn't want to go too hard and get targeted down like last time). 4/5 now, might need to wait for next week to finish him, kinda sleepy.
    Between a couple heroics and diabolicals got my hood's yellow to five( super happy I don't need to gun for top 2 in that round) and well as my first mag red.
  • Dont think I can stay up for the whole Mags round so I pushed for top 2 in Loki. Managed to finish 2nd. Not unhappy. 4/3 now even though he sucks.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I think I'll go for my last blue mag cover next week
  • Spoit wrote:
    Yeah I think I'll go for my last blue mag cover next week

I been 5 pink for a while but still in need of 4 blue though :S
  • I think last round is rags? If it's a complete rotation it will be.

Pretty good day for me, got top 8 in rags(didn't want to go too hard and get targeted down like last time). 4/5 now, might need to wait for next week to finish him, kinda sleepy.
    Between a couple heroics and diabolicals got my hood's yellow to five( super happy I don't need to gun for top 2 in that round) and well as my first mag red.

No, Magneto has been last for a while now.
  • Spoit
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    I think last round is rags? If it's a complete rotation it will be.

I see a rag timer?
    Also I lied, and ended up finishing up my mag this round. Hopefully between this and likely being first in the avengers tourney, my matchmaking won't be too impossible for the weekend tourney
  • hey spoit, where did you end up finishing at? I remember seeing you in top 10 for a bit during the mag tourney
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    I think last round is rags? If it's a complete rotation it will be.

I see a rag timer?
    Also I lied, and ended up finishing up my mag this round. Hopefully between this and likely being first in the avengers tourney, my matchmaking won't be too impossible for the weekend tourney

Rag is last in the cycle. But, since they run for 48 hours (instead of 50), the last Rag round is cut off, and Mag is the last one. The last cycle isn't this current one, though. It's the next one.
  • Man I think I coulda gotta top 8 in that one without much problem, shouldn't have played both tourneys at once.
  • Grabbed a Diabolical token from the Mags round. I have one maxed villain cover set. Doom Black.

What cover do I pull with my token?

Of course, Doom Black.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Up against WannaBSkrull, and I get it down to just his Storm (180 HP)

I can do 300+ with my Rags match 3's. A critical's on the board near some forests and I go "Ooh! Lots of EV AP!"

Then I got pissed because I could have just one hit her with greens.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Up against WannaBSkrull, and I get it down to just his Storm (180 HP)

I can do 300+ with my Rags match 3's. A critical's on the board near some forests and I go "Ooh! Lots of EV AP!"

Then I got pissed because I could have just one hit her with greens.

I attacked WannaBSkrull, but just mashed through all the start battle screens before I realized my boosts from the Avengers tournament were still on.
    Clearly he's a master of clouding men's minds.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    By the way, my Rag is 5/4 (4 red) so I'm going for top 25.

If it looks like I'm tanking, I'm not. I'll probably hit back in like 20 minutes. Just a heads up.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    If I accidentally use Magnetic Projectile instead of Thunderclap one more time I swear to god
  • Spoit
    Options
    doneskis wrote:
    hey spoit, where did you end up finishing at? I remember seeing you in top 10 for a bit during the mag tourney
    Top 8, probably like 3 or 4
  • Yeah I think I pushed you out of top 2 Spoit. Was avoiding you for the last part of the tournament until you hit me once, I retaliated once and another time because I couldnt find anyone else to beat down. Sorry, but at least you got your Mag maxed! I needed that one top 2 win.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    So uh

I placed #13

...I didn't realize 9-25 was a green this time (last one it was red)

...whoops.
  • Man that round was brutal. I was stuck at 31 forever. Every battle I fought for ~22 points, I'd walk out to some point droppage. No way for me to crack the top 25 and get a guaranteed Rag.

EDIT: Pulled a purple magneto with my Diabolical. No complaints here.
  • Didn't get my last battle off in time for a green Ragnarok cover, but got purple Mags from the diabolic. That's a win in my book. icon_e_smile.gif