Venom Heroic - Aug 29 - Sep 1

Options

Comments

• Since my scaling sucks, playing through the last node has amped up my swearing out loud rate significantly today.

Tiny kitty Rags Venom & Daken. It's really annoying when Storm's passive won't trigger from most of the cascades caused by godlike or coz the team got stunned by venom before rags thunderclap. Their levels dropped a bit from 230 down to 205 but despite using boosts and team-ups, a bad board or cascade generally means 3 health packs required to try again

I look forward to moving on from the Dark Reign chapter repeats, because overscaled Dark Avenger combos are brutally frustrating.

Thanks for letting me vent while I wait for health packs to regenerate.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    Patch Negates bullseye completely. If you don't want to be efficient you can put up a Storm + Patch + Meatbag team and just fire off a Berserker Rage. All the attacks will trigger Storms yellow and decimate the opponent with the strike tile boost.

I really like bullseye! Just did Interference and after 3 purple matches by me there was only 4 purple tiles open of which 3 where a match. Fire of Berserker rage match 3 of enemies strike tiles away laugh out loud.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Were the points of each node slashed?
    A couple of hours ago the final node was woth 1700 for me, now its 800...
  • fedlex20 wrote:
    Were the points of each node slashed?
    A couple of hours ago the final node was woth 1700 for me, now its 800...

Nope the points are still the same for me. I guessing you did some other nodes - scoring about 9K points - reducing the rubber band from 8.5 to 4.0
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never thought I'm going to say this but I'm actually getting bored of this event. Purely because it's static with only scaling that changes.
  • Oh hello HairyDave. There is no hiding from me I see you lurking at 515......
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    You can grind to 25K even without Patch and get his cover to do the essentials. Yes it'd be a lot of work, but it's definitely doable.

The scaling on this event is quite low. From previous experience nothing is going to threaten Patch until about level 200 when Patch is level 256 and they're not really close to that level yet. Well, it's very easy to lose anyone else that isn't Patch at this point and your health pack situation might look ugly, but Patch can pretty much always eventually slug it out with the enemy at this point barring incredible combos pulled by the enemy, though I've seen a few games where the AI is able to get him below 7000 HP without a Berserker Rage involved. I guess you can have a Patch do everything team, but that's actually surprisingly slow because you can't Berserker Rage with Patch as the only offense and TBTI takes a long time to gather.

I imagine it'd be nearly impossible to hit 25k without Patch. The nodes themselves are basically undoable without him due to the poor character selection.

At enemy level 150+ Patch has the potential to get his butt kicked. With unlucky AI matches Daken's strike tiles and/or Bullseye's protect tiles can get way out of hand. 2 or 3 bullseye tiles and your match damage is down to 1. I've nearly wiped several times on the Bullseye / 2x Pyro node due to being unable to neutralize the Pyros before they drop a ton of inaccessible countdown tiles. The Daken/ Lieutenant node can cause a lot of damage too if you are unable to match your ability colors.

Last rotation I was forced to use 5 health packs to complete it with lvl170-250 mobs.

This.

Without him, you not only have fewer nodes to do but you also don't have the added benefit of any of his abilities.

Just how far are you going to go with a not-quite developed Torch, squishy Storm, squishy OBW, squishy Hawkeye, and an Iron Man whose abilities are slow to fire?

I'm a board control and CD tiles/anti-CD tiles sort of person when I'm playing against goons and at this point, I consider myself to be a fairly strategic player, but all it takes is a single unlucky board at the level rating of Hard to deal some incredible damage.

Maybe everyone else is getting lucky with their boards; I for one am not.

This is seriously frustrating because I'm stuck at 15,000 and all that's left that's playable with any amount of probability of survival are the goon nodes and even those are getting deadly.

The other nodes are crazy; not only are the enemies hitting harder per turn but then you have to contend with the Pyros or whoevers in the background, too, and if you can't manage to get rid of the opponent fast enough AND get rid of the CD tiles, you ARE screwed with your entire team downed.

I understand this is Heroic mode, but this is ridiculous. I'm trying to work hard to earn my first Patch cover at 25K but it just -isn't- happening because according to my last few attempts to play, I'm lucky to escape out of a goons-only node with 50% HP.

Meanwhile, I have a newbie friend who got their Patch covers from the last event because they were lucky enough to pull Fury and so they're getting 'lucky' with this event, too, and are in the running for the Beast covers.

This game is just getting more and more painful with each consecutive PvE where character requirements and character winnings carry over to the next and to the next.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Oh hello HairyDave. There is no hiding from me I see you lurking at 515......
    I shall lurk no longer!

Just been lazy and concentrating on PVP instead - that and the rubberband seems to be pretty strong so I'm in no rush icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: 527 - 85 in one pass icon_lol.gif

But how in the hell are people getting past "Rescue Mary Jane" easily? L180 Dark Avengers are no pushover.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    Sumilea wrote:
    Oh hello HairyDave. There is no hiding from me I see you lurking at 515......
    I shall lurk no longer!

Just been lazy and concentrating on PVP instead - that and the rubberband seems to be pretty strong so I'm in no rush icon_e_biggrin.gif

Edit: 527 - 85 in one pass icon_lol.gif

But how in the hell are people getting past "Rescue Mary Jane" easily? L180 Dark Avengers are no pushover.

I am pulling in the rubber band slower than that. My simulation say starting 20K point back after 3 refreshes of doing each node once the rubber band will be gone. So I started earlier and am only doing the top 4 or 5 scoring nodes instead.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    But how in the hell are people getting past "Rescue Mary Jane" easily?
    They aren't
  • I think three-and-a-half days is simply too long for a heroic with a non-changing main and no subs. I'm doing well in this - my first refresh after I woke up got me back up to second, and I imagine I'll be up to first before too long - but it's tedious. This should have ended yesterday.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    They aren't

Takes a good board and a lot of recon. If you can keep Rags at bay, it's really not bad.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tedious is definitely the word for it. Just doing the essentials, then the odd node here and there that hasn't reached impossible levels (for me). Amazing how you can be sat around ~300, do a couple of the essentials and suddenly you're around 80 or so.

Just wish this didn't finish at 5am my time. Going to bed hoping for your baby to cry at an appropriate time to fit in a last ditch couple of nodes is not a good state of mind!
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    flnn1 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    They aren't

Takes a good board and a lot of recon. If you can keep Rags at bay, it's really not bad.

Or -- Patch, She-Hulk, cStorm. She-Hulk will tank blue for cStorm at a high enough level. Beserker Rage + Windstorm (or Power of Attorney) will take care of that node in short order.

Not sure of anyone else's scaling, though. My enemy levels are at 180 for that node. I just started this event yesterday since I was busy most of Saturday and Sunday morning. Three clears last night and one clear this morning have me at 45k points and currently in 4th. Thank you, rubberbanding.
  • I thought I understood personal and community scaling on pve events but something is baffling me. I beat the first mandatory node (for zero point so am currently not sitting in a bracket), back when the event started. Since then I have noticed that the levels for the first two nodes which give points have dropped down about 10 levels. I was hoping a more insightful person could explain why that is as I assumed that the levels would be going up regardless to me not doing anything.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw the same thing. I was guessing it's because fewer people are bothering to play them, since they're only worth a few points, and/or people are tanking it hoping to lower the levels of the last nodes.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    flnn1 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    They aren't

Or -- Patch, She-Hulk, cStorm. She-Hulk will tank blue for cStorm at a high enough level. Beserker Rage + Windstorm (or Power of Attorney) will take care of that node in short order.

Not sure of anyone else's scaling, though. My enemy levels are at 180 for that node. I just started this event yesterday since I was busy most of Saturday and Sunday morning. Three clears last night and one clear this morning have me at 45k points and currently in 4th. Thank you, rubberbanding.

Some people are saying rubberbanding is strong and some people are saying that rubberbanding is weak.

Which one is it or is it different for everyone? Personally, I've seen both sorts this event and my scaling went stupid on the last two nodes even though I only successfully beat them twice on my first two rounds. It went from Easy to Deadly - ouch! - really fast and skipped over Normal which really surprised me.

Did everyone grind down the last two nodes after the first day of the event or what?
  • This game is just getting more and more painful with each consecutive PvE where character requirements and character winnings carry over to the next and to the next.
    Wait for Beast to be the essential character in the next PvE event!
  • simonsez wrote:
    I saw the same thing. I was guessing it's because fewer people are bothering to play them, since they're only worth a few points, and/or people are tanking it hoping to lower the levels of the last nodes.

I would think if you want to try and tank the last nodes down you do it while attacking the last nodes. I would guess you are correct though anyone using the rubber band will not worry about doing the nodes with 50,65 and 80 points on them. So far I used the band to climb from 998 to 57 and reduced the scaling factor down to 3.2 - a bit lower than I was aim for at this time. I done this by just attacking the 3 essentials and the 2 hard nodes at the end. So currently I have spent more time working out node values and how the rubber banding works this event than playing the nodes but that will all change from here.
  • SunCrusher wrote:

Some people are saying rubberbanding is strong and some people are saying that rubberbanding is weak.

Which one is it or is it different for everyone? Personally, I've seen both sorts this event and my scaling went stupid on the last two nodes even though I only successfully beat them twice on my first two rounds. It went from Easy to Deadly - ouch! - really fast and skipped over Normal which really surprised me.

Did everyone grind down the last two nodes after the first day of the event or what?

Rubberbanding is very strong. I think I am only 2k behind the global leader and I missed lots of refreshes, started 36 hours late and slept through my nights. One sweep brings me up to 4th place usually and if I ground a couple more nodes I could easily get into first place. It's also a complete cakewalk with a maxed patch. 1 BerserkerRage and Widow usually sweeps up everyone with espionage.