Venom Heroic - Aug 29 - Sep 1

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• danae wrote:
    When I found out that there were no subs for this PVE event, I knew that it would take less effort to get Beast covers by joining late than starting early. I joined maybe 5 hours before the end and played roughly two hours total during that time. After my first node, I took note that first place person already had 32000+ but in the end I was still able to get to #13 (52k) and could have probably made Top 10 if I pushed a bit harder as I still had several 600+ nodes to play but work got in the way :p.

Not really sure why they still structure PVE this way as it really doesn't reward those that actually put effort throughout the entire PVE. In my opinion, the best format would be one that has subs and no nodes that open up in the main bracket. It provides incentives to play each sub and doesn't screw someone over in the last two hours if you've built up enough of a lead early on.

I was similar boat. No time to play until Monday, so I jumped in at the 9 hour mark, caught a stale bracket (leaders over 50K) as one of the last 30 to join, made 3 clears and 2 extra passes on the essentials. Finished at 105th. I finished at the 2 hour mark and only dropped 17 spots in that time. Only format you can get away with this but I was happy to take advantage and get the Beast cover needed to unlock essentials going forward.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Eh, even with the problems, it was still better than 2/3s of the TaT runs. One of which made me want to rage quit, and the other that did make me rage quit

Wow! For me this has been one of the worst events ever, because of the rubberbanding. The only good thing is that it was just 4 day long. I was top 10 all event long, I got all progression rewards, and then the last day I woke up at 4:40 am (I am European and I got screwed again) to play and I finished 26, all because the tinykitty rubberbanding. All my hard work during all the event was for tinykitty nothing. I am really tired of this type of events. Events with just one node are a tinykitty tinykitty. I wont play anymore of that to win, just casually for the iso (and even for that this events are horrible).
    Yeah, I don't get why people are using this event as an example of the 2.5 refreshes being a problem. It was pretty obvious the first day that the RB was strong enough that only the last couple refreshes would really matter. I only played 2 refreshes every day but the last, which was actually probably overkill