Options

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I foresee a few World Ruptures going off on those pesky DAs who will try to keep me from rescuing Mary Jane in a couple hours. WR into BRage should do nicely. I hope.

DA's don't use Sentry anymore.

I know. I do though. I have 3 level 166 5 cover World Rupture team-ups waiting to be used.

I wouldn't trust that unless you have 3 covers in BR or nearly no pink on the board. Giving the opponent a turn with those strike tiles is 2-6k+ damage assuming they don't completely wipe you with cascades.
  • Used Settlement on Daken tiles, the enemy immediately launches a Payback Mission TU. Use Berserker Rage, 4 of my tiles are in the center two rows which are promptly eliminated by Godlike Power

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME GAME
  • gamar wrote:
    Used Settlement on Daken tiles, the enemy immediately launches a Payback Mission TU. Use Berserker Rage, 4 of my tiles are in the center two rows which are promptly eliminated by Godlike Power

I had a game against Daken where I didn't have a chance to use Settlement for half of the game because no green matches are made by either side!
  • Had this crazy match in which Rags freaking bout crazy green cascade. I escaped with Patch, but I still don't know I how survived.
  • gamar wrote:
    Used Settlement on Daken tiles, the enemy immediately launches a Payback Mission TU. Use Berserker Rage, 4 of my tiles are in the center two rows which are promptly eliminated by Godlike Power

I've had a couple fights where I had to wait out a Payback Mission before I could launch my assault. Sitting here screaming at the AI, "Come on! Hit me! You know you want to! HIT ME IN THE FACE!!!...sucker." Next turn, ownt! icon_razz.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I just had one of the best cascades I've ever seen that did almost 20K damage to the Maggia Don... who was already dead icon_lol.gif

It just kept going and all I wanted to do was move on the next node.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    y2fitzy wrote:
    Going to bed on 52361, in 23rd place in my bracket. Please be enough for a beast. Pray for me my friends!
    I'm sorry, mate, but only being in 1st with some lead can guarantee you a top 150 if you go to bed this early, with 6 hours left on global RB.

You were right. Woke up an hour ago in 280th. Insane, time I should be sleeping I've fought back up to get a Beast. Not sure I'll bother in future, just crazy
  • Won my bracket. 60800 with 700 lead over the second. Don't really care for invisible Women Covers but hell freezes over before I let somebody snipe a Top2 during the last couple hours of the 4 Day Event.
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I just had one of the best cascades I've ever seen that did almost 20K damage to the Maggia Don... who was already dead icon_lol.gif

It just kept going and all I wanted to do was move on the next node.

And what happened I did not see you in the top 10 icon_eek.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Barely maintained first place with a tremendous amount of effort, f this style PvE. In the last 2 PvEs I was able to play lightly the last few days due to the cushion I had built up.

61521 with Soundwave at 61056 in second.
  • Well that was unpleasant.
  • I got rag-wiped 5 minutes before the end and it was enough to go from 8th to 22nd
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Thank god, it's done.

I had to drag myself up from 320 something to finish just outside the top 100. I'm just lucky I found the time to do it in my lunch break but that was rough - I was sitting about 160th with 20 minutes to go.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can anyone see, and then reply here, how many points Alliance rank 100 had?
  • dkffiv wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    I foresee a few World Ruptures going off on those pesky DAs who will try to keep me from rescuing Mary Jane in a couple hours. WR into BRage should do nicely. I hope.

DA's don't use Sentry anymore.

I know. I do though. I have 3 level 166 5 cover World Rupture team-ups waiting to be used.

I wouldn't trust that unless you have 3 covers in BR or nearly no pink on the board. Giving the opponent a turn with those strike tiles is 2-6k+ damage assuming they don't completely wipe you with cascades.

It worked pretty well. I only used 2 health packs through the last hour's grindfest. Only did the last two nodes once each. Gather green and TU, cast WR, make a match, cast B-Rage (I have a maxed Patch with 3 in green). It didn't actually wipe everyone each time, probably due to not enough tiles available thanks to Daken in both, and Bullseye in the other. Followed one up with Windstorm, the other with Power of Attorney, and that cleaned up loose ends.

Ended up taking 2nd in my bracket. Congrats to DuckyV for an impressive showing, topping the bracket by nearly 600 points, which at the end, was a lot. BubBLeBoy made a valiant run since I hadn't seen him in the top 10 until a few hours ago, and ended up beating him out for 2nd by less than 200 points.

This was a grindfest of massive proportions.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Barely maintained first place with a tremendous amount of effort, f this style PvE. In the last 2 PvEs I was able to play lightly the last few days due to the cushion I had built up.

61521 with Soundwave at 61056 in second.

Man, I wish I'd have been in this bracket. I'd have been 1st instead of 16th.
  • So I went from a low of 998 to finish 2nd going to take another event like this to see if I can climb from lower to higher. On second thoughts maybe not.
  • Can anyone see, and then reply here, how many points Alliance rank 100 had?
    100 was 1078088.
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Horrible and I'm done with this system.

Hated how the rubberbanding and scaling worked in my bracket.

It's obvious people were late-gaming the MMR and scaling in my group. My first node suddenly had level 17 baddies after being at level 29 for the longest time and I never died on that node myself and the change was right before this last refresh. I seriously doubt anyone - even real newbies - are dying on level 29 goons and a defanged Venom.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, that was fun. I started yesterday and have been bouncing in and out of top 10 with the refreshes, so I wasn't too worried about my individual placement, but the alliance was out of top 100 until the last hour. Apparently we were all just waiting until the last hour since we ended up in 59th. icon_e_smile.gif I ended up in 2nd place in my bracket, so a pretty good night all around.

I really don't want to know what I did to my scaling, though...