Venom Heroic - Aug 29 - Sep 1

Options

Comments

• I'm debating whether or not to try to put ISO into some of the characters available to this event. I only have ~3700 right now, so it probably wouldn't do much good. My current unbuffed options are:
    4/1/5 Patch lvl 100/130
    3/5/5 OBW 94/94
    5/5/3 CStorm 94/94
    2/2/4 SHulk 78/102
    2/2/2 DD 58/76
    5/5/3 Johnny 25/94

Should I even bother with ISO for the last 3?

Nope. The ISO you could spend would make no difference. Patch will do the heavy lifting for you. To save health packs, you may want to run Patch all the time, alternate OBW with Cstorm to give the other time to regen a touch, and swap in one of the others as your third.
  • Am saving most iso for xforce. hopefully it rocks after buffed icon_razz.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    Berserker Rage + Power of Attorney can often wipe out the entire opposing team. Use Berserker Rage on one guy, Power of Attorney on another guy and kill him with the cascade, and then use the match damage to kill the third guy.

That sounds like a boatload of fun. idk how well it's going to work with just 1 PoA cover on a buffed lvl 83 shulkie. icon_e_confused.gif

I revised my strat a bit the last run. switching obw in place with c.storm actually helped a bit by itself so widow matches blue. More espionage damage and stealing... Patch center, obw #2 and c.storm #3 shields storm from most dmg as patch out ranks her by 50 lvls. If I don't touch yellow as much as possible, sometimes there are actually 12 yellow tiles on the board letting patch heal. Then the main health pack expenditure is OBW, who takes p/b/b on the chin. preferably only when necessary. It allowed me 2 spare healthpacks to put a couple matches each into the 2 pvp's.

PoA needs the extra tile smashes a lot because that's what generates the extra cascades. So far I think I'm 2 for 3 on this approach of using just those two moves against a max health team. The time it didn't work out went spectcularly bad with Patch getting dropped to 3 digit HP in one cascade!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pretty sure having 14 non-varying nodes refreshing every 144 minutes is for the criminally insane.
  • FierceKiwi wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    I guess that ties in with another question. Is the Rubberbanding to the global leader or the bracket leader? If it's the global leader you could almost join with 5 hours to go and get the progression rewards.

Everyone says global. I'm far to lazy to try to confirm that and will assume Sumilea knows what he's talking about.

If rubber banding was off bracket leaders how does it work out what scaling you have before you join a bracket and why does the first clear when joining well into the sub net you more than just the base point values?

Anyhow it might not be 100% Global leader and maybe its some sort of average of a subset or all brackets. However this would not effect the scaling of the multiplier just how far behind you are before it kicks in. With more data you could work out what it was. For example currently the scaling is 7.62 making my estimate of the scaling score used as 15260. From alliance data I see the highest I see is 15247 with the next highest 2K back. It is unlikely that that is the global leader but I highly doubt anyone sitting on scores close to 20K.

Looks like we are on target to reach maximum rubber banding in the next 12H so might well join soon. I will do the highest 3 nodes every 8 hours - which will keep me at just about 20K behind before the clawed back. Since it is a limited rooster going to take more refreshes than normal to do this. I also want all the nodes unlocked so I can see how scaling going since the last 16H have had the levels of my first nodes DROP by about 1 instead of increase that cannot be happening on all nodes. The level of nodes will be a great factor in when I need to start pulling the band in.
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Prolly gonna join tomorrow after...stuff... icon_e_sad.gif . Can anyone drop the knowledge on the Full bracket size? Sharding is gonna screw me anyhow (See Blind Justice result), but I just wanna know how bad it's gonna nail me... icon_cry.gif .
  • It is very easy to see that rubberbanding is largely based off of the overall main/sub leader because you can see rubberbanding still exist when you're leading your main or sub (provided you're not the overall leader). If there's some other component in it, it's too small/too hard to figure out what it is so you might as well assume it's only off the overall leader.

Looking at the point distribution I'm guessing 5 cycles of all 14 nodes should be enough to get close enough to a the overall leader unlike most previous events where no amount of effort was enough to get close to the overall leader. Of course this is 70 nodes in a period of 12 hours so it's easier said than done, so either join earlier enough to get your equivalent of 70 nodes spread out in a longer period of time, or be prepared to face the possibility of joining a bracket with the guys in front have a lead that you cannot reasonably catch up. For those who want a saner way to approach this, hitting the 3 essentials nodes every 2H 24M or whatever interval you can tolerate that's greater than that should put you in a good position to make a final push at the end. Rescue Mary Jane is worth a lot of points too, but that mission is also quite hard though currently still easily within what a level 256 Patch can handle.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    The rubberband in kicking in hard already - I made one pass and got the 10K progression reward. It was enough to pop me into 11th, tied with 7th-10th.

And Patch/OBW/CStorm walk through almost unimpeded. I think i had to use three healthpacks, all on OBW, just because she was used the most.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dave, is your bracket full yet? Last PVE I joined in position 972 of 1000. Trying to avoid that again ....
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    The rubberband in kicking in hard already - I made one pass and got the 10K progression reward. It was enough to pop me into 11th, tied with 7th-10th.

And Patch/OBW/CStorm walk through almost unimpeded. I think i had to use three healthpacks, all on OBW, just because she was used the most.

I've been running Patch/OBW/Johnny with similar results. Only the last node has given me fits. Inferno + Berzerker clears problems quickly.
  • 5/5 lvl 1 juggernaut. Headbutt everyone's face in, 20 min regen full life.
  • vudu3 wrote:
    Dave, is your bracket full yet? Last PVE I joined in position 972 of 1000. Trying to avoid that again ....

LOL I join only did the first node currently sitting in 982 place. I not worried at all. Going to sit for the next day and a half 20K behind the global leader. I think the lowest I managed doing it this way is 997 I wounder if I can get dead last this time!
  • ark123 wrote:
    5/5 lvl 1 juggernaut. Headbutt everyone's face in, 20 min regen full life.
    Juggernaut is so unstoppable, he crashed into another thread icon_lol.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Missed this earlier - got distracted playing Hearts of Iron 3 icon_e_biggrin.gif

Yup it's full now if you haven't joined a bracket already.
  • flnn1 wrote:
    ark123 wrote:
    5/5 lvl 1 juggernaut. Headbutt everyone's face in, 20 min regen full life.
    Juggernaut is so unstoppable, he crashed into another thread icon_lol.gif

Ah god dammit
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't mind some leveling thoughts from the pack. I am out-of-town with limited playtime until Monday, so I am holding off until then to start (a dubious "perk" of being a car passenger for 12 hours).

I have a full level Wolverine, Daredevil, and OBW. She-Hulk is capped at 1/2/3, and Storm is at level 76.

I have the better part of 30K ISO to spend. That could put Storm at 94, or boost She-Hulk if I can manage a cover Sunday (not sure if I will have enough time to spend). Trying to decide if I should boost Storm or save it for my three stars.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    Wouldn't mind some leveling thoughts from the pack. I am out-of-town with limited playtime until Monday, so I am holding off until then to start (a dubious "perk" of being a car passenger for 12 hours).

I have a full level Wolverine, Daredevil, and OBW. She-Hulk is capped at 1/2/3, and Storm is at level 76.

I have the better part of 30K ISO to spend. That could put Storm at 94, or boost She-Hulk if I can manage a cover Sunday (not sure if I will have enough time to spend). Trying to decide if I should boost Storm or save it for my three stars.

I would not put any ISO into any of them unless I was having problems getting to the placement I wanted. That is my plan at least.

Also we reached max rubber band just after the 24 hours was up. I not start chipping away at it until tomorrow I down to 987 only another 13 places to drop!
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    If rubber banding was off bracket leaders how does it work out what scaling you have before you join a bracket and why does the first clear when joining well into the sub net you more than just the base point values?

Since I always join subs within about an hour I never really am in a position to notice things like this.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Saving is probably the better option for sure but maxing Storm isn't terrible either - at L134 a five cover Windstorm is doing 2500 AoE damage plus the stun. Berserk Rage + Windstorm is pretty much game over for most PvE nodes.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hey all. I'd always been told the most effective way to play PVE was to go node by node grinding the highest starting node down before moving to the next node, but I read on here seine saying just to clear each one once and come back after each refresh. Has something caused the strategy to change? Which is currently the most effective? thanks