No Holds Barred

145791015

Comments

  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is not possible right now. Going to tank so hard tomorrow, you don't even know
  • Would love to get the blue Doom, mine has max black but not a single blue cover yet. Unfortunately, I am in a slow bracket and pushing over 900 instantly nets me the #1. But the top 2, which is me and RAULGEL (you in here?) got a comfortable 200 point lead. Hope he wants the IW so I can progress further. Tournament is quite fun so far.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    Would love to get the blue Doom, mine has max black but not a single blue cover yet.

    Uhm, what blue Doom?
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, finally hit 1.1k. Not going to put up my tank team quite yet, going to see what my points look like in the morning to decide if I want to pull all my hair out going for 1.3k
  • I'm sure a lot of you are feeling this event is grindy since you insist on fielding your best team at all times but I am having a lot of fun finding diff combinations of guys to play with every couple matches. Starting to get into buff to beat 100% of the time territory but I have enough guys leveled to 40+ that as long as I have one good character in I am fine for playing.against lvl 80-100+ teams with a large # of teams.. I feel the lack of boosted characters really hurts computer defenses as before your best chance of winning a def was a lucky cascade by the machine doing insane damage. No buffs means way less cascade damage. It might make it a tad slower per a match but it also means I can run a lot more team variety without feeling I am losing out. I am sure going for high progression rewards is a bit of a chore though. Cannot decide if i wanna even try to push for them or not. I am enjoying the fact that oli am not stressin over the event. Won't last whenever lightning comes around lol.
  • Wouldn't mind getting to 1k, but dunno if that's possible with the Hood-esque retaliations going on.

    I'm wondering if they pushed the median point down -- I haven't been able to track scores closely enough to tell.
  • Just hit 1100 (right before I got hit for a 42-point retaliation). Quite the grind. Not sure if 1300 is going to be a thing for me.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Wouldn't mind getting to 1k, but dunno if that's possible with the Hood-esque retaliations going on.

    I'm wondering if they pushed the median point down -- I haven't been able to track scores closely enough to tell.

    I think just less people are playing it (or pushing it). At this point in the tournament, usually the top ten is filled with people in the 500-600 range. Mine is filled with people in the 300-400 range with only one person above 500.
  • This is the first tournament I've held off to try and join a kinder bracket and I didn't realise how much willpower that takes!
  • Misguided wrote:
    f3nfire wrote:
    Would love to get the blue Doom, mine has max black but not a single blue cover yet.

    Uhm, what blue Doom?

    DAFUQ. Too many tournaments. Thank you, I would not have checked it again.
  • Only a few points from 900... take a match, get out... down points. Over and over and over.

    Seriously, it's not even worth trying.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    f3nfire wrote:
    Would love to get the blue Doom, mine has max black but not a single blue cover yet.

    Uhm, what blue Doom?

    DAFUQ. Too many tournaments. Thank you, I would not have checked it again.
    What are you guys tookin aboot? I only have 1 event and see no Doom?
  • Well, I am #1 at 937 with 330 point difference between #1 and #2. Broke 1000, but not 1100.
  • Hey I don't see the event anymore, what's up with that?
  • That was a weekend event.
  • I mean the no holds barred event. When I launch the game, I see the event announcement, but when I go in the event tab, is doesn't show any thing. I played some games 2 hours ago, I was 2nd in my bracket...
  • Finally made 900. Wouldn't mind 1000, but just getting to 900 was amazingly annoying.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Wouldn't mind getting to 1k, but dunno if that's possible with the Hood-esque retaliations going on.

    I'm wondering if they pushed the median point down -- I haven't been able to track scores closely enough to tell.

    Not that I noticed. I simply ran out of people giving with scores above 800ish. I had fairly little trouble getting to 1000, especially considering this was the only game in town on the first night of a two-day. I slid down to 750 overnight, which would have been first place last night but I'm in 4th, so scores are going up.
  • Microtom wrote:
    I mean the no holds barred event. When I launch the game, I see the event announcement, but when I go in the event tab, is doesn't show any thing. I played some games 2 hours ago, I was 2nd in my bracket...

    Same thing happened to me. Just force quit the application and restart.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Finally made 900. Wouldn't mind 1000, but just getting to 900 was amazingly annoying.
    I hit 1001 this morning after a match! Yessss! O wait... I was hit for 60 points. No 1k progression reward. O wait... Just hit for another 30.. and another 25. Ok forget it.

    Maybe I'll try for it again during lightning rounds
Sign In or Register to comment.