No Holds Barred

1235715

Comments

  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    why be offended tho lol

    Because i didnt spend all those lightning rounds and isos just to get beat by somebody with a dead end gimmick team (seriously, good luck holding tourney position in the last hour with venom/spidey/** mags, you will get attacked a million times).

    If it makes you feel better, he's probably getting way more points from you than you are from him.

    I think we broke even at the end =/

    any given day bro, any team can be beaten. modern storm wolv and thor into my rag/spidey/grey widow combo, i'm always boggled to think i'm their easiest target? but they still keep coming
  • Maybe they don't know there's a skip button? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Really enjoying just having a tourney with no buffs from a gameplay perspective, as much as I enjoyed the Dr. Doom tourney (finally scored a 4*! I know, I know, but I'm excited anyway).

    There's a lot of viable teams out there right now, and getting to play against different combinations holds my attention much longer. I'm running 141 IM40 for general match power and damage sponging, 127 Spidey for stun-locking and heals, and 85 Wolvie for strike tile generation and resiliency. Still have yet to draw a Rag of any color - hoping the Doom I pumped up last weekend gives me a shot in a Lightning Round.

    It's not the scariest team on defense (barring Spidey), but on offense with Spidey I don't fear any other combo (Rag/Spidey/GreyWidow, Rag/Mag/GreyWidow, etc.) I come up against. At the same time, a lot of "worse" teams are able to retaliate against me on the regular.

    With all the retaliations from people around the same ranking, it makes moving up for progression rewards harder but also means it's easier to ISO farm while holding your spot on the boards (Spidey was 124 when this one started).

    Gives me more appreciation for the balance that exists in the game so far. After moving up from 1 to 2 and then a mix of 3 and 2 star teams, there have been viable strategies to punch above my weight and advance at each hurdle. Good to see other players discovering that as well. Slugging it out with a broader player base is more fun.
  • Is there rubber banding in this event?
  • Microtom wrote:
    Is there rubber banding in this event?

    Not in PvP events, no.
  • Ah, finally no limits. A chance to use any combination of characters. To experiment with new ideas against the fiercest competition. To confound opponents with the unexpected and the unpredictable.

    *picks Thor, C. Storm and Wolverine*
  • I have almost gotten up the courage to take foebeard on. I just can't decide if I should go thor/punisher/bagman or thor/IW/xforce. 3-4 more hours and I think ill be about there in the courage department.
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, finally no limits. A chance to use any combination of characters. To experiment with new ideas against the fiercest competition. To confound opponents with the unexpected and the unpredictable.

    *picks Thor, C. Storm and Wolverine*
    I'm running Thor, C. Storm, and Grey Widow. I'd love to replace C. Storm with Original Widow, but you can't have two Widows on a team and Grey's my highest-leveled character. I'm short a black power (and a little overloaded on green ones), but don't have anybody with the chops to fill that spot.
  • I've been running pretty happily with Thor rag and widow GS. All 3 generating green for whichever of their 3 green skills most appropriate, but all 3 using different colors to obtain green. Kinda like 4 colors supplying 1. I don't have a 5 green widow yet but I can imagine the set up being 10x deadlier.

    Due to lack of revives my c storm and magneto c have both been getting their fair share of fight time as well.
  • Ow.... brought my daughter back from basketball practice, had dinner, about an hour or so all told.

    -187 points

    I mean, that's overnight level beatdown.

    I'd already made it to 800 points, but that actually managed to knock me back to 2nd place in my bracket (and at one point I had a 250 pt lead over #2).

    The matchmaking is way too limited now though. I like that it's not giving 0 point matches, but hitting the same person 4 or 5 times in a row (and being hit by them or others) stinks on both ends. I know they'll tweak it, but until then... ouch.

    Edit: And another -119 in 30 minutes. Whee.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Ow.... brought my daughter back from basketball practice, had dinner, about an hour or so all told.

    -187 points

    I mean, that's overnight level beatdown.

    I'd already made it to 800 points, but that actually managed to knock me back to 2nd place in my bracket (and at one point I had a 250 pt lead over #2).

    The matchmaking is way too limited now though. I like that it's not giving 0 point matches, but hitting the same person 4 or 5 times in a row (and being hit by them or others) stinks on both ends. I know they'll tweak it, but until then... ouch.

    Edit: And another -119 in 30 minutes. Whee.
    Yeah... I think I'm going to be relying on early-morning non interference to hit the big progression rewards (1100 and maybe 1300).
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Ow.... brought my daughter back from basketball practice, had dinner, about an hour or so all told.

    -187 points

    I mean, that's overnight level beatdown.

    I'd already made it to 800 points, but that actually managed to knock me back to 2nd place in my bracket (and at one point I had a 250 pt lead over #2).

    The matchmaking is way too limited now though. I like that it's not giving 0 point matches, but hitting the same person 4 or 5 times in a row (and being hit by them or others) stinks on both ends. I know they'll tweak it, but until then... ouch.

    Edit: And another -119 in 30 minutes. Whee.
    Yeah... I think I'm going to be relying on early-morning non interference to hit the big progression rewards (1100 and maybe 1300).

    Same. I'm watching my 800+ dwindle down below 700 and only up to like 1 revive. Haha!
  • ShavedDomeShavedDome Age Unconfirmed Posts: 61 Match Maker
    I have actually gotten a couple of covers I have needed with the incremental prizes that is already worth while. And it is easy enough to set up a winning team that lastq quite a few rounds.

    It's actually nice to not have to be obsessed about being in the top ranks at the end. You can't expect every tournament to be totally fantastic. Everyone has different needs and desires for the outcome depending on their current level of playing and when they started.

    Overall still a blast to play and this from someone who spent way too much money at it at first.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I think we broke even at the end =/

    Well, they are nerfing the **** out of Venom's black, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.
  • rds (1100 and maybe 1300).

    Same. I'm watching my 800+ dwindle down below 700 and only up to like 1 revive. Haha![/quote]

    I generally end matches full health. But the last two matches I've played I've come out +30 and then -100.

    So doesn't really seem worth it right now.
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Ow.... brought my daughter back from basketball practice, had dinner, about an hour or so all told.

    -187 points

    I mean, that's overnight level beatdown.

    I'd already made it to 800 points, but that actually managed to knock me back to 2nd place in my bracket (and at one point I had a 250 pt lead over #2).

    The matchmaking is way too limited now though. I like that it's not giving 0 point matches, but hitting the same person 4 or 5 times in a row (and being hit by them or others) stinks on both ends. I know they'll tweak it, but until then... ouch.

    Edit: And another -119 in 30 minutes. Whee.
    Yeah... I think I'm going to be relying on early-morning non interference to hit the big progression rewards (1100 and maybe 1300).

    Same. I'm watching my 800+ dwindle down below 700 and only up to like 1 revive. Haha!
    Here to got up to 800 and now smack smack lol but in still in first
  • Really, really miss having boosted characters so I can get Thorned Rose after 2 matches. Now every fight takes forever and I get hit by 20x more hammers from Thor.
  • Enjoying this tourney for sure. Using a combination of Thor im40 grey bw switching in classic storm and classic Bw. Sitting in first with 768 points.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Well, they are nerfing the **** out of Venom's black, so this shouldn't be a problem anymore.
    How random. Those lvl200 PVE Venoms gonna hurt. I think they hit 4k? 300% increase is death even without the web tiles. On the plus side, Hawkeye buff, yay.
  • Makes me kinda sad I sold my Hawkeye, but hey, a reason tot collect the covers again, if I want to buy another slot that is.
Sign In or Register to comment.