No Holds Barred

Comments

• I'm sure Polkio will love this event. Need some Green Widows myself but prolly won't use her.

True, Love it , get 2 widows from hunt heriocal tokens but 2xred. And green is for top 2-9 so... easy.
  • Red grey suit covers are my biggest source of HP!

I think my MMR is getting a little high so I kind of doubt I can really gun for second on this one, hopefully will be able to get a green at least though.
  • cepage wrote:
    Come on, they're giving out Blue and Purple Original Widow covers, but still no Blacks?

That was my exact thought too

Mine to. 11-25 - Original Widow and two blues. Looks like copy paste from old tournaments before widow gets black ability. Also progression rewards looks familiar (Moonstone...). Another copy paste prizes from Doom or Dark avengers tournament and they change a little bit aka Spidey.

Game needs new stuff
  • Just what I need, green widow covers!
  • Polkio wrote:
    I'm sure Polkio will love this event. Need some Green Widows myself but prolly won't use her.

True, Love it , get 2 widows from hunt heriocal tokens but 2xred. And green is for top 2-9 so... easy.

Yeah, I just need one green, and was considering buying with HP, so thrilled. Won't be awake for end of first run, but hopefully they really are giving away black for oBW.
  • Man fights take a long time with no buffed heroes and everybody throwing their beefcakes out there.
  • Two matches in, and I've seen more Thor and CStorm than I have in the last week.
  • *puts tinfoil hat on* Maybe they are using this event to determine who gets nerfed next. The three most often used characters of all bracket winners get the hammer. icon_twisted.gif
  • Dephro wrote:
    *puts tinfoil hat on* Maybe they are using this event to determine who gets nerfed next. The three most often used characters of all bracket winners get the hammer. icon_twisted.gif

Well then it's gonna be thor c.storm and wolverine or IM40 icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    edited December 2013
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I know they are a dime a dozen, but do they actually win their brackets a lot? Sheer numbers probably suggests that, but when the big boys come out to play there is no way you can keep up when fielding a **-team (and rightfully so).
  • For me as a new player it kinda sucks icon_cry.gif
    I was able to place in the top-10 in the Doom event with my measly 1 stars, but with no buffed/free healthpack tank I don't stand a chance icon_cry.gif
    Well maybe I'll finally have some time to finish the prologue icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dephro wrote:
    *puts tinfoil hat on* Maybe they are using this event to determine who gets nerfed next. The three most often used characters of all bracket winners get the hammer. icon_twisted.gif
    Hammer? You mean Thor? Or there was someone else who used H.A.M.M.E.R.... icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit wrote:
    Hammer? You mean Thor? Or there was someone else who used H.A.M.M.E.R.... icon_lol.gif
    Well if I had to bet on it, my money would be on Thor and his clone to be next in line. So the ban hammer expression works out quite nicely in this case icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dephro wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I know they are a dime a dozen, but do they actually win their brackets a lot? Sheer numbers probably suggests that, but when the big boys come out to play there is no way you can keep up when fielding a **-team (and rightfully so).
    I saw plenty of thor/c.storm/free doom teams with lots of points in the last tourney, at least 3 with like 900 points, more than enough to do top 10, even with the number of hits they'd likely take. Hell, a few of them were able to take down my rag/wolvie team in their first try
  • Still need those green/purple widow covers, but can't play for the last 32 hours of the tourney icon_e_sad.gif
  • Not sure whether to go for IW or a top 50 finish for some of the Original Black Widow covers, edging towards the latter I think.
  • I am afraid to start my bracket. The enemy foebeard impedes my way. I am half afraid his team will change mid fight and ill be stuck fighting level 999 chuck Norris and a lvl 250 mullet or something. That and I realized it ends @ 6 am..and its nearly 3 am...and I'd rather start a bracket with ppl who won't be on destroying my score while I sleep. It's all moot if foebeard doesn't make like BL4CKHAM and leave a 1 1 1 team.
  • I'm excited about this tournament because:
    1. Green Widow is now all of top 10, not just absolute top tier.
    2. Spidey progression rewards, with purple being the first Spidey.
    3. I have to go all the way down to 51st place to get placement rewards that are't useful to me.

I'm slightly let down because:
    1. The Hunt is over, so I no longer have a way to get a bazilliion ISO to level up whatever I get from this tourney.
  • I'm looking forward to this tourney because it'll be relaxing. I have GS covers maxed but need 1 blue and a few purple for original BW. After competing for #2 in the last couple weeks tourneys I have maxed Spiderman and Black Widow GS and need a break.
  • I'm surprised so many people use Original Black Widow, her abilities always looked a bit naff to me