Oscorp Heroic - July 25-31

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?!? Another PVE with EXTREMELY LIMITED allowable roster. Starting level of 100?!? And it doesn't even give you points!

**** were they thinking? And for Hood covers? REALLY DEVS????

*shrug*

I wanted a somewhat restful PVP after the grindfest that was Unstable Iso, as I'd like to lower my scaling a bit.

Looks like I got it because the main Hood cover I want is the blue one from the alliance. I could use the yellow one but yellow won't do me much good until I get 3 more of them to max it out.

Considering that the red Marvel cover is the least useful one of the three, I don't necessarily see myself grinding it out to get it like I would under normal circumstances.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    You get a 179 5/4/4 Marvel to clear that node. icon_idea.gif
    At least it'll give me a chance to work out if that's really the build I want to go with...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?!? Another PVE with EXTREMELY LIMITED allowable roster. Starting level of 100?!? And it doesn't even give you points!

**** were they thinking? And for Hood covers? REALLY DEVS????

*shrug*

I wanted a somewhat restful PVP after the grindfest that was Unstable Iso, as I'd like to lower my scaling a bit.

Looks like I got it because the main Hood cover I want is the blue one from the alliance. I could use the yellow one but yellow won't do me much good until I get 3 more of them to max it out.

Considering that the red Marvel cover is the least useful one of the three, I don't necessarily see myself grinding it out to get it like I would under normal circumstances.

Don't get me wrong, I could use Hood covers. But I don't need them. I don't care much for Hood and only collect him for PVP events.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I won't play this one hard.

Bring on the lazy bracket, guys!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I need a yellow Hood to have him complete, but I'm hoping I can otherwise lower my scaling a bit, after the crapshow that the last PVE was. I wish they had someone other than Patch, because his regeneration tends to make scaling worse. I may just have to not use him.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I need a yellow Hood to have him complete, but I'm hoping I can otherwise lower my scaling a bit, after the crapshow that the last PVE was. I wish they had someone other than Patch, because his regeneration tends to make scaling worse. I may just have to not use him.
    He's bloody handy when the scaling gets mental though. If only to serve as a meatshield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Only the top 10 rather than top 20 get the blue cover eh? *shakes fist*
    Smaller brackets, I think. 1k vs 2k. Or they're just being cheap.
    Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. Last event was 1k too. Just cheap.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anybody recall how strong the rubberbanding is on this event. Not going to be able to play this weekend, so trying to figure out best time to enter to have a good chance for Hood covers and get some progression rewards. Thanks
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I wish they had someone other than Patch, because his regeneration tends to make scaling worse. I may just have to not use him.
    You're somewhat obligated to use Patch in this event unless you plan on boring your enemies to death. Who are your other damage dealing options? A likely undercovered Cap Marvel? A sad, slow CStorm without her tag team partner? Hell, I might have to trot out Hawkeye just for his crits. It's that bad. Falcon and OBW have zero pop without strikes, and Patch is the only source of them. IM35's level capped at 90, assuming you still carry him on your roster, and 2* Cap's damage is pathetic even boosted. This might be the most offensively challenged Heroic line-up yet.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I wish they had someone other than Patch, because his regeneration tends to make scaling worse. I may just have to not use him.
    You're somewhat obligated to use Patch in this event unless you plan on boring your enemies to death. Who are your other damage dealing options? A likely undercovered Cap Marvel? A sad, slow CStorm without her tag team partner? Hell, I might have to trot out Hawkeye just for his crits. It's that bad. Falcon and OBW have zero pop without strikes, and Patch is the only source of them. IM35's level capped at 90, assuming you still carry him on your roster, and 2* Cap's damage is pathetic even boosted. This might be the most offensively challenged Heroic line-up yet.
    I dunno, DD was the featured char once
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

If its easy to get the top progression reward by only playing the subs in the last 12H or so I will else I going to totally take this one easy. (Already have a maxed hood)
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

If its easy to get the top progression reward by only playing the subs in the last 12H or so I will else I going to totally take this one easy. (Already have a maxed hood)

I don't think there is a sub for the last 12H (or likely the last 36)...I'm pretty sure there are only 2 subs City and Tower(?) and then some repeatable main nodes (that probably make the subs pointless again).
  • Unknown
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    I don't think there is a sub for the last 12H (or likely the last 36)...I'm pretty sure there are only 2 subs City and Tower(?) and then some repeatable main nodes (that probably make the subs pointless again).
    That sounds right, except I think there's a third sub you missed. Rooftops? Or am I confusing this with Heroic DA? Probably the later.
  • FierceKiwi
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    That sounds right, except I think there's a third sub you missed. Rooftops? Or am I confusing this with Heroic DA? Probably the later.

I think that was in DA. The Event Rules has the following: "Coplete misions here to unlock the associated City and Tower events!"
  • Unknown
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    I think that was in DA. The Event Rules has the following: "Coplete misions here to unlock the associated City and Tower events!"
    Only two 2.5 day subs would leave 36 hours without a sub for main nodes madness? That doesn't sound right. It also sounds horrible. I can't be troubled to care at this point. I don't need Hood covers and I think the final push of that last event may have given me brain damage. Good luck to everyone going hard this event. I'll be the guy shamelessly rubberbanding for progression rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This seems to be the 3rd Heroic event in recent memory since True Healing. It must be financially appealing to the developers. So happy I have only 1/3 of the playable roster. More MC5 then.
  • FierceKiwi
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    Only two 2.5 day subs would leave 36 hours without a sub for main nodes madness? That doesn't sound right. It also sounds horrible. I can't be troubled to care at this point. I don't need Hood covers and I think the final push of that last event may have given me brain damage. Good luck to everyone going hard this event. I'll be the guy shamelessly rubberbanding for progression rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif

36H definately feels wrong but at 2.5 days/sub unless they run 2 shorter ones or 1 3+day one there's no other option...at least it won't be as awful as the 3+days of main nodes in TaT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    To those that have joined already:

Can u confirm the day and time when the first sub ends?

Thanks

marc
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't think I will be an active participant in this PvE.

The only Heroes I have capable of doing damage are IM35(max 90 Level) and the super powered Capt. Marvel (3 covers). My Patch has 3 covers as well. He is already being outleveled by the opponents he is facing.

My effective team is too small to make this one any fun. I am winning the missions but the meager team I have is so beat up that I can't even complete a run without having to wait for heroes to heal and healthpacks to regen.

Mostly waiting, doing nothing, several hours to do a single clear doesn't meet my definition of fun, interesting or exciting.

This one just isn't worth the trouble for this 2* player.
  • Unknown
    Options
    orionpeace wrote:
    The only Heroes I have capable of doing damage are IM35(max 90 Level) and the super powered Capt. Marvel (3 covers). My Patch has 3 covers as well...
    ...This one just isn't worth the trouble for this 2* player.
    A 2* player without OBW and/or CStorm? icon_eek.gif