Options
167891012»

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Yesterday I ranked #8 before I slept.
    I woke up at 5:15 am to defend my rank in top 10 before the end at 6:00 am.
    Unfortunately, I was not alone and I essentially ran to stay at the same place.
    #14 with 84k when I woke up, I pushed to nearly 88k to place... #13 and the 10th ended finally at 89k.

So long for this so wanted blue Hood cover icon_cry.gif

What nodes were you hitting? I was fighting to get into the top 50 myself, and while most of the week I was only hitting the Required nodes + the Goon nodes, last night I did hit those other 4 with the Dark Avengers that get the vicious scaling.
  • Pulled out a solid top 50 finish as did alliance for 3 new hoods. And had been sitting on some HP for a while and bought Blue Hood # 5, happy day.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I knew top 10 wasn't a possibility - Vudu was grinding like a madman
    Who has two thumbs and no longer needs Hood covers? This guy. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Hood covers made this event get crazy at the end. They haven't given out Hood covers in months.

Making the Blue cover be the top 10 reward certainly helped contribute to this too.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As planned, stayed around 15-17 for the end. Hope some people got Hood covers they needed.
  • I only had one blue hood going in, held on to 10th by ~80 points. That plus alliance cover gets hood to 3 blue. Almost useful!
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    DrNitroman wrote:
    Yesterday I ranked #8 before I slept.
    I woke up at 5:15 am to defend my rank in top 10 before the end at 6:00 am.
    Unfortunately, I was not alone and I essentially ran to stay at the same place.
    #14 with 84k when I woke up, I pushed to nearly 88k to place... #13 and the 10th ended finally at 89k.

So long for this so wanted blue Hood cover icon_cry.gif

What nodes were you hitting? I was fighting to get into the top 50 myself, and while most of the week I was only hitting the Required nodes + the Goon nodes, last night I did hit those other 4 with the Dark Avengers that get the vicious scaling.

During the week I hit each node only once per run. I made 2 - 3 runs per day.
    The last day I made a run each 2.5h (I'm in vacations icon_e_wink.gif ), this gave me a rank around top 10
    The last hour after I woke up, I focussed on the 3 essential, hitting them several times.
    scaling was pretty high at the end but I think that I managed to avoid an insane increase.