Oscorp Heroic - July 25-31

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Daken,

Please just effin die. It's strike tile mania out there.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I started this last round @ 41k yesterday, and today with 3 hrs, 43 mins left I just cracked 60k to get that Red Carol Danvers Progression cover.

Been playing extremely lazily, using the massive Rubberbanding only for that Red Cap'n Marvel cover, was surprised that it was even possible.

Can't wait for Deadpool....but wondering about scaling icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Scaling won't be bad if they take out Magneto and have sub events(Which it will have.)
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    Wish me luck. #2 in my bracket with my tinykitty 2* roster. Woot woot go me. I would honestly be happy with top 10 since it's essentially the same, so not even going to grumble if someone unseats me a place or 7 in the final hours.

I have your slot waiting Mr hood. Odd that my first hood might very well be a 3x, then I get him for daily resupply this week @ 120.

Getting a cmags as a daily after that and a lazy thor from pvp hopefully. Add deadpool to the mix and it'll be tough getting all those roster slots open in time. If I can pull it off, I'll officially have a placeholder for all 3*. (Sweet... kinda. Lol)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good luck. I clawed my way up to 11th, with one more refresh that will finish about 45 minutes before the end. I'm 188 points from 10th (and 1700+ from 12th), hoping #10 has to sleep so I can sneak in and steal his pretty pretty blue hood. I WANTS THE PRECIOUS.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    Options
    good luck to you sir!

I had a *really* good run last night before bed that allowed me to do 3 full clears through the nodes before sleep. That's really kinda amazing since usually with one clear my healthpacks are all gone, and my characters are so damaged even one more run through isn't viable. What can I say, the blue just kept flying all night for c.storm. Heh. I even did a couple passes of that highest point node in the top right corner, which normally I'd just avoid once it hit 140+... but seeing I was hitting the sack, I really had nothing to lose... and it paid off well. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoever suggested to do the event near the end is a genius. I started it without less than six hours left and ended ranked #8 in my bracket with ~40,000 points.

I mean, sure, the alliance I was currently hiding in kicked me earlier in the day because I hadn't put up any points yet, but hey, easy Hood covers!
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Shout out to my peeps in destros posse! Good game Immortals!

bmiCS6J.jpg
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I might be freaking out prematurely, but I was fighting pretty hard to reach the top 50 in here tonight.

According to my ranking inside the event, I'm ranked #36 with 82585 points,
    BUT from the outside it's showing my player rank only being 672 of 1000 with a player score of 22701?

My Alliance score and rank are jacked too.
    Inside we are #452 with 598716, but outside we are 498 with 571988?

I've never noticed any of my scores post event ever being wrong like this, am I alone?

EDIT:
    well, my personal Rewards just rolled in, top 50 stuff... still kinda weirded out by this though.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    So I might be freaking out prematurely, but I was fighting pretty hard to reach the top 50 in here tonight.

According to my ranking inside the event, I'm ranked #36 with 82585 points,
    BUT from the outside it's showing my player rank only being 672 of 1000 with a player score of 22701?

My Alliance score and rank are jacked too.
    Inside we are #452 with 598716, but outside we are 498 with 571988?

I've never noticed any of my scores post event ever being wrong like this, am I alone?

Happened in the last PvP, too. You'll still get what you earned.
  • Thanks for all the advice. Pretty stoked with how things turned out. Much better than expected!

Can't wait to try and get deadpool tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't too RNG based

jLeQgW7.jpg
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Can anyone tell me where the top 100 alliance was points-wise? For science. Grats to everyone by the way!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Hungry ended #100 with 1327183 points.
  • gambl0r312 wrote:
    I started this last round @ 41k yesterday, and today with 3 hrs, 43 mins left I just cracked 60k to get that Red Carol Danvers Progression cover.

Been playing extremely lazily, using the massive Rubberbanding only for that Red Cap'n Marvel cover, was surprised that it was even possible.

The rubber banding on this was perfect for us lazy PVErs to still get the 60k cover. Me likey.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:

What was your bracket like (any sharding?)? What was your final placement?
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I knew top 10 wasn't a possibility - Vudu was grinding like a madman - but I didn't expect to have to fight quite so hard for 50. I managed to get one last pass done with about 4 minutes to go and wound up 38th.

No complaints with that.
  • yogi_ wrote:
    Just having a game with enemy Bullseye. He had two protect tiles out. He died, they disappeared.

That was weird and new.

That suspiciously sounds like you used Capt. Marvel's red to deal the killing blow. That red ability destroys 2 protect tiles as well.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday I ranked #8 before I slept.
    I woke up at 5:15 am to defend my rank in top 10 before the end at 6:00 am.
    Unfortunately, I was not alone and I essentially ran to stay at the same place.
    #14 with 84k when I woke up, I pushed to nearly 88k to place... #13 and the 10th ended finally at 89k.

So long for this so wanted blue Hood cover icon_cry.gif
  • HairyDave wrote:
    I knew top 10 wasn't a possibility - Vudu was grinding like a madman - but I didn't expect to have to fight quite so hard for 50. I managed to get one last pass done with about 4 minutes to go and wound up 38th.

No complaints with that.

Well my Uber lazy playing the last 12 hours of the 2.5 day subs and between 12H and 6H to go in the main netted me 24th. I could have made top 10 with a lot more effect in the main sub but what was the point?
  • Went to bed with 90,540 points, top2 and 7 k advantage over top10. Finished top7 with only 800 points more than top10, thought it wont be so close. Still it was nice to sleep and keeping your earned rank.