Fresh Cut - Season 4 - Starts 1PM EDT 7/18

Options

Comments

• Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is everyone else getting good rewards and I'm the only one getting cap? Maybe people are refreshed after the break between seasons? Maybe you've all gone mad and should be ashamed of yourself. 1100+ required for top 5

TONDq.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yup, lost out a small bit of ISO skipping him. Keeps popping up! Blah...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ok.... who said that alliances are taking this season easy?

I call bull-tinykitty on that.

For a tourney that is only for Steve Rogers covers, I don't believe I've ever seen so many players over 1000 points before.

My bracket "feels" like an old-school death bracket, and I tend to start rather late. Barely hanging onto the top 10 in my bracket at 1050. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

For a tourney that is only for Steve Rogers covers, I don't believe I've ever seen so many players over 1000 points before.

My bracket "feels" like an old-school death bracket, and I tend to start rather late. Barely hanging onto the top 10 in my bracket at 1050. icon_e_confused.gif

I'm beginning to lean towards nudging 2.0.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    -JBK- wrote:
    Not sure how I feel sitting in 5th the way this bracket has played. Need that 5th red cover. Going to have to push on a little more it seems. Ugh. lol
    Our top 6 is incredibly bunched. Gonna be a crazy finish!
    Very surprised about our bracket. I'm used to ending my 600 -> 1100 run in the top 2. Not even in top 5 anymore! I don't need the cover or ISO, so I'm done for the night, so hopefully won't be too stressful for you guys up there!
    Seriously. This bracket is madness. Went up to 900 for my lottery ticket (Bagman! Score!), didn't even crack the top 10. You guys have fun up there. I'm done. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you guys sure that it's not a normal level mBW/Juggernaut you fight when you choose to fight that guy?
    I mean - I know that when he attacks, he attacks with level 404 guys, but it shouldn't be this way the other way round...
    Anyone willing to test it? ^_^
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Are you guys sure that it's not a normal level mBW/Juggernaut you fight when you choose to fight that guy?
    I mean - I know that when he attacks, he attacks with level 404 guys, but it shouldn't be this way the other way round...
    Anyone willing to test it? ^_^

I attacked him last night. I didn't realize the HP was going to be that high. I figured it'd be like 30k or so and that I might have a chance with two sentry nukes. Didn't work out so well icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think everyone in the bracket said enough is enough when nemek bowed out. I know there's still an hour, but the top 10 looks like it's done. At least I know I'm done. Sheesh. Nice work everyone.

**edit** spoke too soon...apparently, someone is gearing for #2 rather than #3. Enjoy.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    -JBK- wrote:
    I think everyone in the bracket said enough is enough when nemek bowed out. I know there's still an hour, but the top 10 looks like it's done. At least I know I'm done. Sheesh. Nice work everyone.

**edit** spoke too soon...apparently, someone is gearing for #2 rather than #3. Enjoy.

I think they may have shielded for a 12 EST ending event. They are dropping quick! They've already lost ~150 pts. Bumped Nemek into the top 5 haha.

Edit: It seems it was a very bad hop attempt. They reshielded in 6th.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I saw that! I thought he was gunning for #2, looks like it was #6? x_x Ouch. Yup, nemek got bumped to #5.

Can't wait for this event to be over. I can't recall having scored this high in PVP or rather even having to score this high to rank top 5. lol

Fun times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    -JBK- wrote:

I think they may have shielded for a 12 EST ending event. They are dropping quick! They've already lost ~150 pts. Bumped Nemek into the top 5 haha.

Edit: It seems it was a very bad hop attempt. They reshielded in 6th.

I just watched that. If it was a failed hop that's rough. If it was an expired shield, I'm glad s/he caught it in time to not take a 4-500 point loss to the zombies.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

What is "nudging" in this context? Just curious because my bracket hasn't been this bad since True Healing was introduced.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:

What is "nudging" in this context? Just curious because my bracket hasn't been this bad since True Healing was introduced.
    Sharding players with a similar MMR into one bracket. Or multiple brackets.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Enemy Magneto got 11 purple with 3 first matches, lvl 5-translocated my freshly healed Psylocke. I expected to apply a healthpack to her again after only one battle, but Mags only did 1400 damage - there were only 2 blues on the board thanks to me making blue matches icon_e_biggrin.gif

I got that uber Juggs with 150k health in my bracket, too! If I could run 3 characters of choice, I would break out mStorm/Venom/Spidey for a juicy 48 points (the cheater shows 1452 pts atm), but as it stands, I'll pass. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Methinks the nudging may not be so gentle again.

94oqsd1.jpg

This could just be an outlier group though.

Was at 1189, broke 3 minutes out, won in 90 seconds, ISO at 1200, and then hit for -30. Just glad I was only hit once.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Glad it's over with!
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    94oqsd1.jpg

Was at 1189, broke 3 minutes out, won in 90 seconds, ISO at 1200, and then hit for -30. Just glad I was only hit once.
    It's not.

There's at least four brackets like that according to the guys in my alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    94oqsd1.jpg
    The next 10 spots weren't much better. 900 points was only good enough for 16th. 850 for 20th would have been good enough for top 5 in a lot of events last season after the healing change. I call shenanigans on the whole thing.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Hit shamsali for 40+ once (if I had any X-Men left in my queue, would rather hit them), got him in my node again. Was tempted to hit twice, but then it looked like he was climbing, too, so I hit someone else meanwhile. Then I checked on shamsali again, his points weren't changing, I assumed it's safe and proceeded to attack him with less than 3 minutes left. Of course, his team hogged all the green and I couldn't fire World Rupture until it was too late, so I wiped well after the clock ran out, neither gaining points for myself, nor him. But, unshielded top 5 was in the bag anyway - no -200 in the last minutes. I think I denied extra Captain cover to an X-Men 2 member, but 5k ISO don't just lie around, and if I can get them without a single shield, you bet I will.

Sorry about hitting you again, shamsali. Should I perhaps install Line if top alliances use it often? Forums are not the best way to check if someone's climbing...
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That was an insane ride. So much for my plan to go casual for this event. The sharding is crazy. I joined around midnight PDT yesterday and the bracket was loaded.

5ac0679e-7da2-41bc-a1ac-e8bb161c526d_zps4680d020.png