Fresh Cut - Season 4 - Starts 1PM EDT 7/18

Options

Comments

• mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Psylocke + LDaken is so wrong, it almost doesn't matter who the third person is on the team.

Falcon. The third you're looking for is Falcon.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Patch/Daken/Psy is ridiculously fun. Team strike tiles!

I've been running this team for a while now, and it is stupid how much fun it is. And surprisingly practical in the new healing world order. Try it some time in a Patch LR for extra hilarity. Berserker Rage into a Psi-Katana is going to be a bad day for some poor bastards. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Psylocke + LDaken is so wrong, it almost doesn't matter who the third person is on the team.

Case in point, my ROFL moment of the day:

-- Was fighting a team of Psy/OBW/LThor.

-- I cleared out OBW first, and had just finished downing Psylocke, leaving LThor and his 10k health remaining.
    -- Computer pulls out one of those "Confirmation Bias" cascades, granting LThor 21 Green AP.
    -- LThor sneers at my roster, tapping his hammer and grinning in anticipation, verily.

-- LDaken looks at the board, and sees it chock full of strike tiles from the 7 Green matches by LThor on the previous turn. LDaken smirks in anticipation and glances at Psylocke.
    -- Psylocke giggles for a moment, before regaining her composure and focusing on the task at hand. She nods at Daken, signaling that it is time for action.

(Red) Psychic Knife --> (Black) --> Psy-Katana --> (Blue) Chemical Reaction (-3 Strike Tiles) --> Match Green (+2 Strike Tiles) --> (Strike + Attack tile damage) = Downed LThor.

Poor dude, got served hard. icon_lol.gif

My Ldaken and Psylocke just went thru a nasty beakup. So, just nasty glares and awkward silences. Very sad. icon_cry.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I wish my Laken was good enough icon_e_sad.gif

He'll just have to settle for looking on longingly from the bench for now while Psy goes to town with Punisher, Patch and CMags.
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I've been really enjoying this event now that I finally have enough Psylocke and Falcon covers to make both of them effective (especially when Psy is buffed). It helps that I only need the LazyCap blue, so this is a pretty relaxing event for me.

Plus, I pulled a yellow Patch cover from the reward token, which means I'll finally have him cover maxed once I get the green from the season progression reward. 5/5/3 isn't the build I'd been hoping for, but hey, that's the luck of the draw.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've been having an awesome time with Laken/LT/psyduck. Focus on yellow and green. Blue and black add up and strike tiles galore. Was hoping I could try sentry too, but he just isn't high enough yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DuckyV wrote:
    Faerie, I saw you hit me so I hit you for 3 pts. Hope you got a good retal out of it otherwise better luck next time icon_e_smile.gif

WorldRunner: Sharing points wherever he goes!

I try. I love the section of the community that doesn't cut themselves when they load the game icon_e_smile.gif
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 8 covers for my cap, so I was thinking between this and the pve six covers are available. With any luck I could place decently and cover max my Cap. This is when they rotate the alliance rewards from blue to red making 3 of the 6 available covers red with my Cap being 2/4/2.

I think the devs looked at my roster when planning the rewards.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Looks almost as bad as mine (4/3/1) icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Watch out for dioayala of the swag. Apparently you can get characters up to level 404. He has a chawkeye there with only 5 red covers. The other 2 are juggs and mbw. Just showed up in my queue for 48 points.

http://i.imgur.com/Ark88wa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H79AGdt.jpg
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I've been having an awesome time with Laken/LT/psyduck. Focus on yellow and green. Blue and black add up and strike tiles galore. Was hoping I could try sentry too, but he just isn't high enough yet.

Yeah I fully agree. I running the same team too, and there's so much flexibility in which tiles to go for.

1) I could go for 2 red match, and with 1 more green match I can activate Psy red ability.

2) or I could go for yellow on a yellow rich board, and aim to use Lthor yellow.

3) or just go the old fashion way of matching green, creating many many strike tiles.

There is so much synergy in this team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    was gonna go for 1100 but every time I pass 1k I get hit for ridiculous amounts of points, passed 1k twice now, this last time i got hit for 114 points... just shielded at 919 I guess I'm done, would have liked the psylocke cover but oh well.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

Falcon. The third you're looking for is Falcon.

Love the Psy/LDaken/Falcon combo - talk about fast play...a few strike/attack tiles + yellow matches...should make for a great shield-hopping team icon_e_smile.gif
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    Watch out for dioayala of the swag. Apparently you can get characters up to level 404. He has a chawkeye there with only 5 red covers. The other 2 are juggs and mbw. Just showed up in my queue for 48 points.

Juggs with 152760 health icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:

Juggs with 152760 health icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Just looked at his roster and it seems normal now. I love the quality control the Devs have over this game. Though I wonder how many matches you would just destroy with Jugs at that level, 10-15 then you might have to use a health pack?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Made my lazy way up to 2nd and I'm only 320 points behind 1st...

And it's not an X-Man icon_lol.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been attacked so many times this round. Good thing I already decided to let it slide until I can afford to shield and just focus on the sure thing Steve on pve progressions.

It makes me sad when people beat up my weeny 2*s plus 4-cover Psyduck with their 240+120+166 etc teams. I've taken to checking out my retals from time to time while letting the pve nodes recharge, and take out my feelings of woe and oppression by letting my unboosted 2*s whoop their 3* tinykitties for more points than they got off me. Last set was Psyduck/Laken/GSBW. My kitty Psyduck used bewilder to steal 11 green ap the ai was saving for widow, then I dumped my kittyThor yellow and added my own greens to call the storm twice. There was not much left to clean up afterwards. Bewilder is definitely targeted at characters with high cost powers.

In sum : AI really sucks on defense. Do not attack weeny 2*s when you have more points and will lose out on retal.

Also, I need to work on getting my mmr back to a more balanced level.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Made my lazy way up to 2nd and I'm only 320 points behind 1st...

And it's not an X-Man icon_lol.gif

The sharding is strong in this instance for me. I think u have seen a quarter of the forums in my bracket. Good thing s4 means slacker season for me or it may have been brutal.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been attacked so many times this round. Good thing I already decided to let it slide until I can afford to shield and just focus on the sure thing Steve on pve progressions.

It makes me sad when people beat up my weeny 2*s plus 4-cover Psyduck with their 240+120+166 etc teams. I've taken to checking out my retals from time to time while letting the pve nodes recharge, and take out my feelings of woe and oppression by letting my unboosted 2*s whoop their 3* tinykitties for more points than they got off me. Last set was Psyduck/Laken/GSBW. My kitty Psyduck used bewilder to steal 11 green ap the ai was saving for widow, then I dumped my kittyThor yellow and added my own greens to call the storm twice. There was not much left to clean up afterwards. Bewilder is definitely targeted at characters with high cost powers.

In sum : AI really sucks on defense. Do not attack weeny 2*s when you have more points and will lose out on retal.

Also, I need to work on getting my mmr back to a more balanced level.

Not really that's the safest time to take a fight worth 20 points since 2* teams are much less likely to take the retal.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    In sum : AI really sucks on defense. Do not attack weeny 2*s when you have more points and will lose out on retal

Not really that's the safest time to take a fight worth 20 points since 2* teams are much less likely to take the retal.

My take on it, as a mainly 2* roster, for a 43 point retal value, is that it really depends on your attacking team and the time left.

If your team has low-ap cost, high damage characters like Sentry, I will probably skip it. If you have Sentry with Lazy Thor who uses the same colours, the AI will save the ap for Lazy Thor half the time and make a denial strategy workable. Characters like Punisher and Hulk aren't effective deterrents, and Psylocke conflicts with Laken by matching blue whenever she gets a chance. Massive health drain there.

The safe time to attack is towards the end of the event, when I want to push as long as I can with my more fragile roster and don't want to gamble on the computer wiping me out with a lucky cascade. That's when I actively pick on teams my own size, unless I'm close to my target score and the opposing team has something like 49 points value. Given incentive like that, I might even use boosts. icon_e_smile.gif