Fresh Cut - Season 4 - Starts 1PM EDT 7/18

Options

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    In sum : AI really sucks on defense. Do not attack weeny 2*s when you have more points and will lose out on retal

Not really that's the safest time to take a fight worth 20 points since 2* teams are much less likely to take the retal.

My take on it, as a mainly 2* roster, for a 43 point retal value, is that it really depends on your attacking team and the time left.

If your team has low-ap cost, high damage characters like Sentry, I will probably skip it. If you have Sentry with Lazy Thor who uses the same colours, the AI will save the ap for Lazy Thor half the time and make a denial strategy workable. Characters like Punisher and Hulk aren't effective deterrents, and Psylocke conflicts with Laken by matching blue whenever she gets a chance. Massive health drain there.

The safe time to attack is towards the end of the event, when I want to push as long as I can with my more fragile roster and don't want to gamble on the computer wiping me out with a lucky cascade. That's when I actively pick on teams my own size, unless I'm close to my target score and the opposing team has something like 49 points value. Given incentive like that, I might even use boosts. icon_e_smile.gif

OK if the retal is worth 43 points even 2* teams will risk it fairly often...if it's in the 30 point range they tend to ingnore it by default.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    OK if the retal is worth 43 points even 2* teams will risk it fairly often...if it's in the 30 point range they tend to ingnore it by default.

*cough* 43 was for the last one only. most of my nodes with 2*s are 17 or so points, 20 if I skip. I'm happy to retal for 29/26 points (and have done so). But I'm really just fooling around this round and not playing seriously, so maybe I'm not really representative.
  • Unknown
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:

The risk/reward evaluation has changed a little under the new healing world order. Used to be easier to pull the trigger on high risk/high reward fight, because if things were looking bad you could always bail out and go heal up. Worst case scenario you're out a few minutes. Now it's a little more dicey. Bailing half way through a fight is almost as bad as losing since it's likely to cost you a couple health packs to get your A-team back into action anyway.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh man. Naz is 1st in my bracket and EvilSonGoku is right behind me. Lots of other formites floating in there too. So much for an easy top 5.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So I got extremely drunk last night and for the THIRD time in my PvP history I was struck by Mr Sandman while I was unshielded.

There was a big difference this time from the last two. This time I didn't lose 600 pts (As I did the first time) and I didn't lose 700 points (As I did the second time) but this time I lost just under 900 pts. icon_lol.gif

After searching for high value targets all day I am now roughly where I was about 24 hours ago.

soHIonk.jpg
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    So I got extremely drunk last night and for the THIRD time in my PvP history I was struck by Mr Sandman while I was unshielded.

There was a big difference this time from the last two. This time I didn't lose 600 pts (As I did the first time) and I didn't lose 700 points (As I did the second time) but this time I lost just under 900 pts. icon_lol.gif

After searching for high value targets all day I am now roughly where I was about 24 hours ago.

soHIonk.jpg

Massive ouch, man. Hope you get back in the spot you want. I never see you around, but I enjoy seeing you put up your Bagman team on the forum. Bagman needs more love.

( did anyone try out lvl270 Bagman in Balance of Power?)
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

The risk/reward evaluation has changed a little under the new healing world order. Used to be easier to pull the trigger on high risk/high reward fight, because if things were looking bad you could always bail out and go heal up. Worst case scenario you're out a few minutes. Now it's a little more dicey. Bailing half way through a fight is almost as bad as losing since it's likely to cost you a couple health packs to get your A-team back into action anyway.

Agreed. That said, I tend not to bail, since I'd end up needing health packs anyway, and if I fight to the bitter end, sometimes I can still scrape out a win or come close to it, and that's a very good feeling.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:

*cough* 43 was for the last one only. most of my nodes with 2*s are 17 or so points, 20 if I skip. I'm happy to retal for 29/26 points (and have done so). But I'm really just fooling around this round and not playing seriously, so maybe I'm not really representative.

Sure you might be willing to take the 29 point retal but most 2* teams won't so the risk is pretty low in attacking them if you're 3*...sure 1 guy out of 20 might attack you but those other 19 guys more than make up for the 30 points you'll lose from the 1.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pushing with Daken/Betsy/Human Torch was pretty fast...even too fast cause I managed to break magical barrier before 8 hours to end so couldnt shield. So bee and others from zombie hordes "gave" me -150 in 10 minutes. And must tank more or smth cause half of my queue were people from Django, skipped Bowgentle, j12601 and one other several times.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    Pushing with Daken/Betsy/Human Torch was pretty fast...even too fast cause I managed to break magical barrier before 8 hours to end so couldnt shield. So bee and others from zombie hordes "gave" me -150 in 10 minutes. And must tank more or smth cause half of my queue were people from Django, skipped Bowgentle, j12601 and one other several times.
    Tanking doesn't help past 800, after that it's pure speed and/or annoying team.
    I ran from 700 to 1029 in about an hour and shielded up just in time to avoid two hits for -82.

Skipped you too, btw - you looked like you were climbing. Sorry it didn't help icon_e_sad.gif

Normally I would have been done about 12 hours ago, but since I'm vacationing and using hotel wi-if I had to play this much later than I'm comfortable with.

Done for the tourney, hit me if you got me icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry if I hit you I was just mucking about, getting a few wins here and there whilst I waited for PVE nodes to refresh didn't even realise I passed 1000 was just farming for some extra ISO
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcoran wrote:
    If only my torch were as leveled. I used LT instead and ran into the same problem of climbing too fast. Decided to just waste the 75 hp and shield for an hour and then do a little shield hop to then shield for the remainder. It was a lot of fun blowing through full teams so quickly though.
  • dr tinykittylove
    edited July 2014
    Options
    FierceKiwi wrote:
    FierceKiwi wrote:

Sure you might be willing to take the 29 point retal but most 2* teams won't so the risk is pretty low in attacking them if you're 3*...sure 1 guy out of 20 might attack you but those other 19 guys more than make up for the 30 points you'll lose from the 1.

Looks like you're right, lol. I'm having a nasty headache and was running low on health packs, so I switched in various combinations of 135 punisher, hulk and even im40 (my only usable 3*s) and suddenly the zombie hordes completely lost interest in me.

I had massive fun nurturing im40 and killing off the enemy team with ballistic salvo and unibeam too.

Really, unibeam works fine if you collect up 26 red ap. It doesn't drain your red and double big boom is good enough to more or less settle whatever is left after you collected that much red. icon_e_smile.gif

I can't go on with the head though, so I slapped on an 8-hour shield at 700 and called it done. With the progression and placement hp I'm in the red by 50hp, but should still have enough to buy a new roster slot by the time Captain Marvel joins the party, and that's all I really need to keep me happy.

Edits because so many tinykitty typos, tinykitty it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @Bowgentle - I know it doesnt help, just seeing you in 3 tourney in a row. And I would rather avoid they guy who is automatically -10 ISO icon_e_wink.gif

@bee - Its ok man, I would be hitting dude with team like mine aswell.

@mohio - Mine is only 127 atm but he works fine with Daken, lacking green ability for Betsy/Daken so picked him. With good board I was doing 3,5 k damage per turn only from his countdown and Betsy attack tiles, ofc with MANY Daken strike tiles. It was really funny to watch icon_e_smile.gif

I only wanted to try get another token, Shield Bro is my first maxed 141 so his covers are only ISO for me. So I dont care too much about my position in this pvp, probably will end in top25 so enough for me.
  • Unknown
    Options

Massive ouch, man. Hope you get back in the spot you want. I never see you around, but I enjoy seeing you put up your Bagman team on the forum. Bagman needs more love.

( did anyone try out lvl270 Bagman in Balance of Power?)

I'll surely bring bagman out again. Don't want to do it too often. Also I fear that I've become reliant on Hood's role in my team. I've been lucky enough to not lose with Bagman but I've found that without Hoods intimidation I lose my Sac tile far too often for me to want to risk it now days.

I saw someone with a 270 bagman but I don't think it was a joke just a 2* player who had him maxed. BoP would have been a good time to use bagman but I was having too much fun with Sentry/Hulk/Hood to change it up at all icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    1018 in my bracket would currently get you 6th.

I'm glad I already have Lazyshield maxed and correctly covered. I'll push later to hopefully get up there, but this may be the first one since the reward structure change where I don't make top 5. Craziness.
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    1018 in my bracket would currently get you 6th. I'm glad I already have Lazyshield maxed and correctly covered. I'll push later to hopefully get up there, but this may be the first one since the reward structure change where I don't make top 5. Craziness.

I think we're in the same bracket. I too am glad to not need covers, and with season rewards being what they are...**** it. I'll poke my head up above 800 at some point for the HP and likely be done. I've been feeling a little guilty lately taking covers from people who actually need them. I can live without a few extra thousand Iso for once. Man, I am such a wonderful selfless humanitarian (when there's nothing I really need that badly). icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    As a player with a 2* roster who got put in the big leagues due to BoP - is there even any point in trying for a T100 spot? I feel like it's probably futile. Sucks too because Steve is the 3* I have the most covers for.. :'(
  • Unknown
    Options
    octopoid wrote:
    As a player with a 2* roster who got put in the big leagues due to BoP - is there even any point in trying for a T100 spot? I feel like it's probably futile. Sucks too because Steve is the 3* I have the most covers for.. :'(

With proper tanking, shielding and playing you should be able to hit top25 easily.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Uhm... hangovers from Balance of Power?

I've played two teams during this pvp, so this player either beat (buffed to 188) PSY, maxed patch/daken, or PSY, maxed daken/sentry.

With this:
    5MEudKx.jpg

The whole roster:
    HkQbWI3.jpg

Any ideas?

I'll be hitting it later, because points, but curious if I'll be hit back.