Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options

Comments

• Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is The Hardest PVE event I ever played!
    It is becoming unplayable even before half of the event!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:

"Heroic" PVEs are especially difficult on 1* and 2* players. The best way to place well is to join a main bracket with about an hour left in the event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Phillipes wrote:

"Heroic" PVEs are especially difficult on 1* and 2* players. The best way to place well is to join a main bracket with about an hour left in the event.
    Unless it's your first PVE. Then you're supposed to make 1st in front of all the poor guys who spent months building their rosters by driving up their scaling.
    I imagine this Heroic is pretty enjoyable for someone with a maxed IM35 and Modern BW who just came across 1 or 2 IM40 covers in the previous PVE.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My available rosters are lv115 IM40(5/4/4), lv60 GSBW(3/3/3), lv40 HT(3/3/2), maxed lv 2* Thor(3/5/5) and Storm(5/5/3), any suggestion combo?
    I found it's rather hard even at lv70 node, and a bit regret selling all the MBW covers I got...
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    andyken wrote:
    My available rosters are lv115 IM40(5/4/4), lv60 GSBW(3/3/3), lv40 HT(3/3/2), maxed lv 2* Thor(3/5/5) and Storm(5/5/3), any suggestion combo?
    I found it's rather hard even at lv70 node, and a bit regret selling all the MBW covers I got...
    Use IM40 for the tank/battery he is. A couple of options have been working well for me:

IM40 + CStorm + whoever Recharge into Windstorm sorts out most goons and you'll probably have enough blue leftover to launch a second one with another blue match

IM40 + Torch + GSBW Flamejet, Recharge and Deceptive Tactics - Johnny's a growing boy and needs all the green he can get. Obviously this not a good option on any Daken nodes - even at L90 his strike tiles do a buttload of damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    yeah I read the advice about joining late too, um, late. So after clearing everything once last night, this mrning most events are at least hard.

And I live in Europe, so of course the finish time sucks.

Wonder why I bother at times.
  • Unknown
    Options

Because you're addicted and have spent too much time and effort building your roster just to abandon it \o/ \o/

...and a little bit of you holds out hope that they'll stop finishing 75% of events at an insane hour for us 2nd class European/African citizens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    basically, yeah icon_e_biggrin.gif

At least I have stopped giving them money, so they are taking my time, but not my hard earned wages.
  • Unknown
    Options

Because you're addicted and have spent too much time and effort building your roster just to abandon it \o/ \o/

...and a little bit of you holds out hope that they'll stop finishing 75% of events at an insane hour for us 2nd class European/African citizens.

If history is any judge, they'll likely rerun the same exact event as soon as this finishes, but with the "European" end time. icon_neutral.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broken_rewards.jpg

I'd like my progress rewards now, please?
    Guess it was too much to expect a simple re-run of a heroic event to be bug free for once...

[EDIT]
    Well, it took 15 minutes, but atleast they finally arrived. So; we can expect this kind of thing with progression rewards as well now, and not just the final placement rewards coming in half an hour late? Time to add a few more hamsters to the wheel, D3...
  • Unknown
    Options
    hey if you guys have a list of base points for nodes can you please tell me so i can add em to the front page?
    oh and i have also considered to add a team build to the frontpage too so if you have any favorite teams for this event please tell me and why so i can add em
  • Unknown
    Options
    I know it's probably already been mentioned, but is anyone else having issues not just with rewards, but with the nodes not updating? I just made 1 full clear and only half of the nodes have a refresh timer on them. The rest are showing that I never did them and showing full points. I did one of them, and the refresh timer went to 4.4 hours. Can someone else confirm this please?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:
    I know it's probably already been mentioned, but is anyone else having issues not just with rewards, but with the nodes not updating? I just made 1 full clear and only half of the nodes have a refresh timer on them. The rest are showing that I never did them and showing full points. I did one of them, and the refresh timer went to 4.4 hours. Can someone else confirm this please?

I saw the no refresh thing, but when I cleared them the second time I only saw the 2:24 clock. I just assumed they added a 6th stack without telling anyone, per the norm.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pbrownusmc wrote:

I can confirm this.
    Looks like we're back to the status quo of half a year ago, when this was the normal and nominal behavior. icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    pbrownusmc wrote:

I can confirm this.
    Looks like we're back to the status quo of half a year ago, when this was the normal and nominal behavior. icon_mad.gif

Same here.

The servers are lagging so badly, that progression awards require several minutes to award and node point timers need several minutes to update that they were actually played. As noted, just like the old days.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Remember the MPQ dev motto: 'If it's broke, ignore it until it turns into 'working as intended'. If it ain't broke, funbalance it.' icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Is anyone else having inconsistent results with Storms raging tempest? IM40 had a little over 4k health and took about 50% damage, storm just watched. Usually this triggers her passive ability...
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have all the usable characters, most maxed or at a high level. My Thor and Iron Man aren't maxed.

To offer MPQ a bit of praise, at least the scaling hasn't been too bad. Most fights are still in the lvl 60-level 110 range.

Even so, my teams are getting chewed up. Except for Human Torch, all of these characters have slow powers. That makes Lieutenant's healing (Morale Boost) a lot nastier. Juggs is a fast character, and goons feeding him AP make him even faster. That almost guarantees that the characters will get damaged almost every match.

MHawk's avoid is nice, there's at least one character who frequently doesn't get hurt. His Red and Blue are slow to use, though, and frequently his counter icons are destroyed by Juggs or bejeweled by Yelena.

It's great that Human Torch is a mandatory character in another tournament at the same time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is anyone else having inconsistent results with Storms raging tempest? IM40 had a little over 4k health and took about 50% damage, storm just watched. Usually this triggers her passive ability...

Same problem. I let my team get hit by a rocket so it'd go off. I ended up with a sad wounded team and no tempest.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to admit it's been relatively manageable for me, even though other than MHawkeye I have none of the featured 2- and 3-stars maxed (I have HT at 115 and IM40 at 90, and that's about it).

I mostly alternate between two teams: IM40/CStorm/GSWidow and IM40/CStorm/Torch.

IM40 is the centerpiece of the team, tanking most colors, having a ton of HP and feeding the rest with Recharge. Main focus is on blue for Storm so I can stun Juggs or Daken while taking big chunks out of the opposing team. Even at L90 (after buff) she packs quite a punch, and she is well protected by the fact that she only has one color on the board in the lineup with BW and none with Torch. Widow is good for nodes with grenadiers/pyros, since you can use her purple to knock out their tiles and feed her sniper rifle while you're at it. Torch simply brings a lot of pain to the table, and makes great use of that red that you need to deny Juggy.

I can usually hit the seven major points nodes every refresh with these teams, generally only using health packs on IM40. When I run out of health packs, Thor can sub as meat shield, and MHawkeye is a good replacement for Storm (his powers pack a punch when he's buffed, but countdown tiles are risky against Unstoppable Crash and the recently smarter Moonstone).

I will admit that running this alongside the Torch tourney is a pain, though. A buffed torch tanks way too many colors in that with way too little HP. Between the two events, those 5 health packs don't cut it. Good thing I don't need any GSBW covers, I guess.