Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    My hardest missions are lvl 70, I believe. Very manageable at the moment.

Is that for the bottom row?
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Has anyone else had issues with the refresh timers not updating? I did the three essential nodes and then noticed that two of them still said they were at full points. I did them again, and then the timer was around 4 hrs 40 min. Not sure if I actually got full value both times.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm trying to figure it out. Should I go into the event every however long and play all of the nodes? Or should I, say... just do all of the nodes over... let's say 300 points so far? And play them down to under 300?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Has anyone else had issues with the refresh timers not updating? I did the three essential nodes and then noticed that two of them still said they were at full points. I did them again, and then the timer was around 4 hrs 40 min. Not sure if I actually got full value both times.
    Have to restart the app.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I would like to make a formal request. Everyone in the bracket that someone named hnic5555 is currently leading in... Stop playing. icon_razz.gif I want to get a Top 20 finish.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any idea how strong the RB is in this event, and whether the nodes' scores cap out at a certain level?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Scaling goes pretty fast and bad...

I made 4 clears, and I need to use boosts now, because the chars are not big enough.

Have to use Health Packs too. It's very quick, but in the next 2 days, will be very competitive.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    For me, this event is the GSBW show...until scaling goes through the roof. Sniper rifle bullets for everybody! You get a bullet to the head! And you! And two for you Juggernaut!

I feel like I'm being goaded into leveling up characters that I have no use for outside of Heroic Mode. (Mainly all of the 2 stars and IM40) Of course for Heroic mode we are given two of the worst 3 star characters, albeit with a slight buff...it's the equivalent of getting socks for Christmas. Or buying your wife a vacuum cleaner.

And once again Human Torch gets downed by a flamethrower. I still hate that, and always will.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh dear. I really want those Shulkie covers (John Byrne's first run is still one of my favourites).

But, no OBW, or anyone else who can heal.

In a way this is a dry run for how things will play when the "True Healing" change comes in. And I'm not doing well at all. One decent cascade for the bad guys and I need a health pack or two (or three) to play another node. This game is either going to cost a lot of real cash or become impossible to play.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yup. This is a parade of people who punch way above their weight class, and none of these characters are people I've used all that much, so I'm still getting the hang of using them. That Jugs/Muscle/Hood fight is just brutal, and it's only like fifty-somethingth level.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Yup. This is a parade of people who punch way above their weight class, and none of these characters are people I've used all that much, so I'm still getting the hang of using them. That Jugs/Muscle/Hood fight is just brutal, and it's only like fifty-somethingth level.
    Just kill The hood asap.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just hit Storm (Classic) to 85 for first time since I sold my other 85 Storm pre-respec. My enemies aren't hitting higher than level 90-something at high level nodes and her Windstorm is effectively killing everything in almost a single hit. If it doesn't, they are stunned to long to retaliate. Trivialized a good portion of the PvE so maybe that's a sign I should switch to someone else before my enemies skyrocket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This feels like a reward to me of having GSBW and IM40 both well over 100 (largely thanks to all the events they both keep being boosted in), keeping my 2*Thor, having maxed C.Storm and having a near-maxed Modern Hawkeye (again largely thanks to all the events he keeps being boosted in- I actually stuck all my early iso into him back when I didn't know better in the original version of The Hunt, as thanks to the boosted crit environment tiles exploit he was just godly in that event for my newbie self and won me a bunch of covers I couldn't have got without that. Plenty of goodies to mow down nodes in when I can be bothered... it really does seem like, if you have only a reasonable amount of time to play this game, you have to pick PvP or PvE to be serious about, but not both.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Just kill The hood asap.

I just full wiped IM40 at 190 with two others at over 100 to this node at level 40.... ugh.... a bad board with no way to remove Threaten CD tiles and Tommy Gun CD tiles.

That was a harsh reminder to retreat out of a node real quick if one senses that the fight is going to go south real quick for the rest of the event....
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:

IM40 recharge + either CStorm Wind or MHawk Blast, whichever you can launch first makes it pretty trivial. Then again, my IM40 yellow is only 2 covered, so it launches quick. Jugg/Ares/Daken is a much bigger pain w/ no healing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Yeah, that's the bottom. The essentials are 40-55. Or at least they were yesterday. I'll have to see where they're at today.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event is pretty much the exact opposite of most PvE events. Normally you've the lower level characters compared to your enemies but you have good team synergy and they do not. In this event your guys are generally higher level than the opponent but your team has horrible synergy while all your opponent teams are well structured. I found that I just try to burn things down by making a beeline to certain colors with Storm/HT because the longer the game goes on, the more likely the enemy team pull off some really powerful combo and demolish your superior level team. It's going to be nasty if the enemy ever catches up or surpasses your character's levels.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Also: There's no healing! This is so strange! Using boosted 125 2* Storm and Thor and a boosted to 94 3/0/3 HT.
    Also, no Strike tiles. Once scaling kicks in, it will take forever to take down Jugs.

My 3/5/5 133 Hottie begs to differ. His nanny, 5/5/3 IM40, will be feeding him spoonfuls of green sugar until the Juggernaut goes down in the most delightful way.

C. Storm needs to hit the gym...
    I must be doing something wrong because my little Johnny justs keeps pooping out fireballs...

My IM40 can't supply green yet so I'll make the best of what I can get.
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Yeah, that's the bottom. The essentials are 40-55. Or at least they were yesterday. I'll have to see where they're at today.
    Mine were the same after my first pass - I don't get a chance to get back to it until 12 hours later and they're up to 95-105. Someone's grinding these hardcore...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Mine were the same after my first pass - I don't get a chance to get back to it until 12 hours later and they're up to 95-105. Someone's grinding these hardcore...
    Yeah, people like my bracket leaders.
    12K with CStorm 85, 56 IM40.
    12K with CStorm 45, 38 Mawkeye, 18 IM40.
    11.5K with CStorm 85, 43 IM40.

I'm so glad the devs ensure that we're all on a level playing field in all events.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    My bracket leaders closing on 14K now but at least most of my top 10 have at least got strong(ish) 3* rosters for the most part so I don't feel quite as hard done by.