Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    WORST. PVE. EVER.

My worst finish since going competitive despite playing no worse than the last release PVE. The horrible limited roster, scaling, and terrible abundance of Lieutennants + Juggs made this impossible for me to place well in despite scoring nearly 40K.

Interesting observation; my alliance finished 5th but the highest score in my alliance would not have finished first in my bracket. Also, I was only 2-3k out of first and finished in the 80s.

I thought it was a decent PVE nice and easy. I took first in my bracket with ease once I got ahead of the pack
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    WORST. PVE. EVER.

My worst finish since going competitive despite playing no worse than the last release PVE. The horrible limited roster, scaling, and terrible abundance of Lieutennants + Juggs made this impossible for me to place well in despite scoring nearly 40K.

Interesting observation; my alliance finished 5th but the highest score in my alliance would not have finished first in my bracket. Also, I was only 2-3k out of first and finished in the 80s.

I thought it was a decent PVE nice and easy. I took first in my bracket with ease once I got ahead of the pack

Yeah, I wouldn't put this one anywhere close to worst ever. It was only 2.5 days.

I absolutely hate the 2:24 refresh times. I took advantage of them and the strong rubberbanding though to ride a late start to a top 10 finish.

I actually thought the limited roster, health pack limitation and essential node teams provided an interesting challenge. The only downside was that a nasty cascade could ruin a couple days of work. Luckily for me, it didn't turn out that way.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Interesting observation; my alliance finished 5th but the highest score in my alliance would not have finished first in my bracket.
    Likewise, except in my case they wouldn't even make the top 10.

Rookie mistake on my part - I jumped in almost immediately and got lumped in with the hardcore grinders icon_lol.gif
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I quite liked this event, I always fond of limiting roster choices (thus making use of minor/less used characters). The ONLY problem I have is the unforgiving end time. I hope they reintroduce repeat of events back to back with varied end times for gamers outside the US.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Best Heroic PVE they've ever had. Scalling didn't make me non-competitive, and the limited roster always challenges me to think outside of the box and realize the potential that certain characters/combos have.

Finished in 9th in my bracket, and didn't have to play an insane amount to do so. The only thing I had to do was play consistent for the last hour 1/2.

Might try out my 2/1/1 She-Hulk in the prologue just to see how she plays.
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great event if you happened to be lucky enough to have a good, levelled selection of the specific heroes. Terrible event if you did not. Though, that can be said of any "limited" heroic event.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Roster didn't bother me, but if I knew the rubber banding was going to be this strong I would've avoided playing until the last day or so. The Sentry PVE was much better IMO
  • Unknown
    Options
    The rubberband is only significant if you can do all the nodes twice in one pass, or the bottom right nodes 3 times in one pass. But if you could do that you've an awfully strong roster because it's far from certain to be able to clear the bottom right nodes 3 times on 5 health packs.

HT is quite dominant in this event but all the other heroes are quite easily available, and you do need them to support HT.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

HT is quite dominant in this event but all the other heroes are quite easily available, and you do need them to support HT.

Sorry, I've only been playing for a few weeks - HT?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kiya-Elle wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Human Torch
  • Unknown
    Options
    Finished top 10 (I was 6th with a minute left, not sure if I fell a little).

I really liked this PVE. Entered with about 2d 4hrs remaining. Did a single clear (each node once). Did another single clear 24 hours later. Did about 1.5 clears the last day (final hour). So ~3.5 clears for the whole PVE.

Did not buy any health packs. Team was 141 IM40, 85 Thor, 40 MBW (with 100 GSBW rotating with MBW). MBW's stun was a champ in the Jugg nodes!
  • Unknown
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Kiya-Elle wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

Human Torch

Ah, thanks - I don't have him. I fielded Black Widow Modern, Thor and Iron Man 40. Iron man was a battery recharging BW's sting and Thor and got moved to the front when a countdown timer reached one so that he could soak up the damage.

That combination worked pretty well. I was jostling for the number one rank early on the last day then real life intervened and I couldn't play for about ten hours. Jumped back in about five hours before the end and managed to claw my way back up to 39.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It would have been a fair event without the healing messup announced then executed. As I said 80 times the point regen rate should go down, then it would not be that grindy either. Or keep the rate but a play taking 30-35% instead of 20.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The rubberband is only significant if you can do all the nodes twice in one pass, or the bottom right nodes 3 times in one pass. But if you could do that you've an awfully strong roster because it's far from certain to be able to clear the bottom right nodes 3 times on 5 health packs.

3 times? The RB was usually gone with 1 pass plus like 2 other nodes
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another colossally grindy waste of time. I thought the people said the reward structure was going to be better. it was exactly the same only the upper creme de la creme get 1 extra cover now.