Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I feel stupid for joining early and grinding early. Have to remember that one main screen events always have crazy rubberbanding.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:

Side note - hi Sumilea, looks like we had similar late-joining ideas icon_e_biggrin.gif

I am playing this event like I used to play the 2.5 day subs, starting with about 22 hours to go. I was surprised that doing each node once and the essentials another time netted me the final progression reward. I will just keep chipping away at the essentials every few hours during the day and evening and then set the alarm clock so I am awake at the finish.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    How to tell community scaling from personal scaling at a glance?
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    How to tell community scaling from personal scaling at a glance?

Comparing notes with alliance mates is the best barometer I've found. For this event, it seems like those on our team who started grinding early were barely above where my starting levels were after joining yesterday, so for this event it seems that personal scaling is a minimal factor. Whether that's just a thing for heroics or will be the standard moving forward remains to be seen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I joined early, did one pass-through and then did a light pass-through this morning. It looks like rubberbanding is going to allow me to get top 50 (or perhaps better) rather easily if I wait until the end.

My nodes were all still easy. My worst node was 115/111/115
  • Unknown
    Options
    And there's the TWIST! for this event, in classic Demiurge style.

The winners of the PvE are those that can best adapt to the true healing changes in the last 12 hours of the event.

No, this is absolutely NOT coincidental in any way to the release of a new character and to see how quickly players start buying health packs when most people hit the unannounced (in-game) changes tonight. Nope, NOT at all... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Honestly, I rather love it. All the people that have been abusing OBW for the past 3-4 months deserve some grief.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    The winners of the PvE are those that can best adapt to the true healing changes in the last 12 hours of the event.
    That stupid devs, add true healing near end events icon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Rubberbanding is at least slightly stronge compared to iso 8 brotherhood where you have guys who have score you can never catch up if you didn't grind every mission every 2h 24m since the beginning of the event.

That said if you try to go for top 10 you'll realize the rubberband is weaker than it appears to be. If you just want to get top 100, it's plenty strong for that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Honestly, I rather love it. All the people that have been abusing OBW for the past 3-4 months deserve some grief.

Well... yes. But, OBW isn't usable in this event. Still, it is going to be a cold shower for many players.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SolidQ wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    That stupid devs, add true healing near end events icon_evil.gif

Well at least I can break out a maxed covered GSBW now. - Picked up 1G and 2P for the PvP event that just finished
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Well... yes. But, OBW isn't usable in this event. Still, it is going to be a cold shower for many players.

She's not usable in Hollowpoint Kiss either... coincidence?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I guess being able to sub in GSBW now (Hotshot took her from 4/3/3 to 5/3/5 for me) will provide some comfort for me. I've got one more usable character now - that fifth green is a quantum jump for her. This would have been the perfect time to announce the MHawkeye buff.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the Hollowpoint Kiss event, you couldn't play OBW in place of GSBW? I just ask because I remember you could do something like that in the Classic Magneto event with MN Mags.

Anyway, I'm not totally sure if I'll be able to get any She-Hulk covers, which would really suck, I am happy that I just got the Yellow IM40 cover. Now my IM40 is 3/4/1. Definitely happy to have Recharge now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    In the Hollowpoint Kiss event, you couldn't play OBW in place of GSBW? I just ask because I remember you could do something like that in the Classic Magneto event with MN Mags.

That was a different event called Widowmaker, but yeah - in that one there was a node for each incarnation of BW.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Aah, okay. I was just wondering about that.

Anyway, yeh... it's not looking like I'll be able to get back to the Top 100. Though if I'm able to get in a few games during each refresh, maybe. Having IM40's Yellow power helps now. And I've started using IM35 sometimes so I'm not wearing out HT/Thor/CStorm too quickly.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I must say, for a Heroic those 2:24 refresh times work.
    My health packs usually last for exactly the 6 nodes I'm playing each time, and it's a quick 15 minutes.

I am _not_ looking forward to doing upwards of 15 missions tonight before bed and then again an hour before the end tomorrow. I _really_ wish these things would end at a good time for Europe for once - which would mean midnight, like EST each and every PVE, not 6 pm on a work day.

And no, Juggernaught Pt. 2 doesn't count. Make it end at 6 AM EST and see how your US players will like it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

OBW (was) usable in -every- event due to prologue healing.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though my nodes say max points, the points keep increasing. Not on the timer of course, so how high will it go? My highest node is 1096. Do I do a clear now or will it go higher? If it goes higher should I let it?

Thanks trying to figure out what is optimal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Even though my nodes say max points, the points keep increasing. Not on the timer of course, so how high will it go? My highest node is 1096. Do I do a clear now or will it go higher? If it goes higher should I let it?

Thanks trying to figure out what is optimal.

Max rubber banding is times 10 so the max node is Full stop at 230 x 10 = 2300. As for what you want to do that depends where you are in your bracket and where you want to finish.