Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought that was a pretty good event. My levels got up to 150 at the high end, and they were putting serious hurt on my teams, but not quite enough to stop me.

The 2.5 time faster healing worked very well for me on 2 hour nodes. Very often I paused with Iron Man, BWGS, and Torch when they needed 2 hours to heal.
  • that was freaking insane im glad its over
  • Congrats to Shield for winning, they usually don't contend in PvE. Must've been Ghast that put them over the top.
  • In my bracket it looked like everyone quit, until the 1 hour left mark and then everyone suddenly came out of nowhere. I guess those guys didn't get the memo they're supposed to quit. I wonder if people burned HP costing boosts in the final stretch run, because some people were tearing up the bottom right nodes at a very fast pace, so either they had a lot of boosts or they were lucky. I decided not to push my luck beyond a second clear of the bottom right and ended up with #5.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    Re: the community scaling kicking in/more people grinding up, the 7 and 8 of my bracket:
    26fe3261-588a-492f-abb6-e59c910b77cf_zpsaca31045.png59799a20-f609-407e-ac03-358a00dc40d5_zps54c93fa4.png
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another reason I liked this event ... 8 characters available.

In the course of the event, I used all 8 of those characters. There were still enemy teams at level 30 or so (and not worth many points) at the low end, and nothing worse that level 150 at the high end and last hours of the event. The healing was just fast enough that I always had a fieldable team for at least one node.

In previous events, when I was lucky with cascades there was an immediate penalty for winning quickly, sometimes as many as 50+ levels on every node. That didn't happen this time, even when I managed 4 match-fives in a row on turn one. I was able to play well without being penalized for it, and I was able to time every node. The Daken event was so relentlessly awful that I won it out of sheer bile and spite. This one was excellent by comparison.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    I was able to go from 322 to 36th in one hour. Passed a lot of tired horses.

Thought I'd see resistance at 100th, but every match I was winning (for about 500 each), I was moving up 15-20 ranks.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, Maybe it's just because I wasn't coming back from a month of missing all the new characters, but the addition of cStorm and HT to the roster made this a hell of a lot more tolerable than the last time it was run.
  • I guess flo98 shielded too early in this pve, and ended no where to be seen. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Missing the last 30 minutes dropped me from #3 to #24 icon_e_sad.gif
    I'm not starting early ever again.. After a constant top10 and now this..

To the rubberband train..! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I ended up #20 in my bracket even though I entered an early bracket and excpected fierce competition. It was a close call since difference to #21 was less than 200pts. One match could have made the difference.

I do have a confession: I resorted to buy one health pack for 50HP to get IM40 back running for my last two battles. Even if that got me to top20 and got me one extra She-Hulk cover I still feel very dirty now. icon_neutral.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grazzt wrote:
    I guess flo98 shielded too early in this pve, and ended no where to be seen. icon_rolleyes.gif
    He might have had problems due to not having a single useable character in his clown roster.
  • I just joined the forum because I wanted to say thankyou to the devs for this event. I had a lot of great tactical games that forced me to think hard about my next move it was a lot of fun. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was a hectic battle in the end. Managed to stay in the top ten by the skin of my teeth, but really needed that last hour of play to do so.

And now a day of MPQ rest. I'm going to play Hollowpoint as casually as possible again.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    I left the game 1st 3 hours before the end because I had to sleep (7am ending for me) and finished 21st. I am so sad right now with the stupid game and the unfair ending times. There is no point playing this unless you live in US.
  • The fight to stay in the top ten in mine was pretty vicious at the end so I finally decided to give in to boosting. A LOT of boosting, at least in the last half hour. Didn't buy any, but did burn through a lot. In the last few minutes, top two seemed in reach, so I was able to secure it at the end and get my last yellow cover for 4* Wolverine.

I never, ever want to do this again. I only stayed up an hour or so extra for the match, but it took m way too long to actually get to sleep after that stressapalooza.
  • Was at #18 with under a minute left. Ended up at #21. Ugh
  • Narkon wrote:
    I left the game 1st 4 hours before the end because I had to sleep (7am ending for me) and finished 21st. I am so sad right now with the stupid game and the unfair ending times. There is no point playing this unless you live in US.
    That was actually pretty good. I left the game 1st only 70 minutes before the end because I had to go to work, and finished 56th. But I have to agree that the ending times could be a lot better in these PVEs.
  • I did have fun with the event. I haven't really used Storm and IM40 before.

One possible improvement would be to add a Tile Manipulation Character and/or somebody who has some cheap abilities. My Team was a punching bag for the first turns and Ares chewed me up and spit me out again. Those Soldiers were also pretty tough since you couldn't really remove their Countdown Tiles.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    WORST. PVE. EVER.

My worst finish since going competitive despite playing no worse than the last release PVE. The horrible limited roster, scaling, and terrible abundance of Lieutennants + Juggs made this impossible for me to place well in despite scoring nearly 40K.

Interesting observation; my alliance finished 5th but the highest score in my alliance would not have finished first in my bracket. Also, I was only 2-3k out of first and finished in the 80s.