Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    The scaling seems too generous in general. I decided to stop taking chances and just bring out 3 red AP boost for every fight and only the bottom right is challenging when you play it like that. Sure I probably net some negative iso this way but still much safer than risking having to use 3 health packs.

I'm guessing the bottom right is going to be the tiebreaker since you can do everything else quite reliably with minor boosts (or no boosts, but the attrition can catch up), though I'm seriously hoping I won't need to use that tiebreaker.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    So when is community scaling going to catch up with all those newbies with subpar rosters? I've got at least four players in my top-10 with no characters over 55. One guy has a seven-character roster and his only eligible characters are level 15 IM35, 15 IM40 (with one yellow), and 6 Classic Storm (with one yellow). Tell me how he has 39,000 points?
    I've got just the opposite in mine so I looks like it's working a bit. The worst roster I saw had CStorm at L80 as it's best, pretty much everyone else had at least four characters over 100, most of them maxed.

I was going to try riding the rubberband as hard as I could to see where I could get to but Juggs put a stop to that. He and Ares basically wiped my team twice on the last node so I've got no healthpacks left and no IM40, CStorm, GSBW or Torch.

Jugg, Ares, Daken, Moonstone, Bullseye, there's just SO MUCH freaking health to whittle down

Used two health packs just because my chars were getting worn down and/or KO'd after only a couple of battles, then had a full wipe against Daken+Lieutenant, just could not reach those freaking yellows to match. Took a full health IM40 Thor GSBW team into Daken/Ares/Moonstone, on the 3rd or 4th turn the AI gets the most monster cascade I've seen in my entire history of playing this game, it was seriously like a 20-chain cascade.

So before I even had a chance to fire off a single ability the AI used all three of Moonstone's abilities and Ares' Green and Yellow, on a single turn.

59th place, no health packs left, only mawkeye alive
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am just trying to stay inside the top 10 this morning. Currently have nearly a 2K cushion for that and with the limited number of health packs hopefully there will be less people making a push from nowhere.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nerfing healing is one thing but nerfing it during a Heroic is just cruel

Maybe they're trying to solve the "rubberbanding places too much emphasis on the end of the tournament" issue by crippling everyone halfway through the tournaments?
  • Unknown
    Options
    This event really boils down to HT. A fireball can usually instantly knock out a problematic character like Daken or Lieutenant in one hit, and if not one other attack + fireball definitely will. This event also taught me that Flame Jet is actually pretty good, as long as Thor or Sentry isn't around.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Checking surreptitiously from work (Thursday 3:30pm here) I see that my last points weren't counted, and my 5th place is now 41st. Events finishing at 4pm on a work day sucks even more than events finishing at 4am.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Checking surreptitiously from work (Thursday 3:30pm here) I see that my last points weren't counted, and my 5th place is now 41st. Events finishing at 4pm on a work day sucks even more than events finishing at 4am.
    There are times I'm glad I'm across the ditch - I can at least have "lunch" icon_e_biggrin.gif

For the record I'm ranked somewhere down in the low 300's and I fully expect that to drop even further. If there's a re-run I'm so not joining until about 18 hours out from the end.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rubber banding is way too aggressive on this pve. I don't even know why I started this stupid thing so early
  • Unknown
    Options
    Its a 4 way race for second spot in my Bracket - as GodDangit seems to have first in the bag. Should not have to add to my score and throw a spanner in the works icon_twisted.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been playing this crazy event since the beginning and I'm biting my nails to see if I even make top 100. Meanwhile, no less than half of the top ten have either 1 star or 2 star rosters. My brother started a day after me and was able to catch up to my total by just playing through all of the main nodes once and replaying the IM40 ones a few times each.

I really hate you, devs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That was definitely not enjoyable. I ground my way up to 2nd and kept it. 1st had a 300 point lead on me at the end, which was the same as I had over 3rd.

Ugly. Just unpleasant and ugly.

Now... time to do it again for Euro-friendly end times?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nice job, everyone. Let's not do this again sometime.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    Nice job, everyone. Let's not do this again sometime.
    If they repeat this for Euro time zones, we may be doing it again in two days.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RB was way too strong on this one. glad i made top 20, but im not grinding the next one like a mad man...join late, ride the RB...come in first
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At least it wasn't 9 days! icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    i dont think im going to push for top 10 again, that was a nightmare and had to buy a 5x health pack
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    i dont think im going to push for top 10 again, that was a nightmare and had to buy a 5x health pack
    "working as intended"
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had almost written this off as a lost cause but tried a last minute push of the essentials a couple of times over. Ran out of health packs and then remembered i placed in the pvp, so I levelled my GSBW and did two quick battles with her, IM 35, and a half dead torch.

Ended up 68, thanks to "roster diversity"
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Its a 4 way race for second spot in my Bracket - as GodDangit seems to have first in the bag. Should not have to add to my score and throw a spanner in the works icon_twisted.gif
    Congrats on the top 10. Also, argh, those guys sure put up a bunch of points while I was in my last match. Maybe I should have boosted to do an extra one or two quickly, but oh well. Not like X-Farce is amazing or anything, just kinda wanted my first yellow. Ended up 4th. At least I didn't spend a lot of time grinding, just played the top 5 or 6 nodes a few times today and played the last 45 minutes. Totally worth the 3 she-hulk covers and the shot at top 2.

Also, I expect the reports to come flooding in saying the same thing, but man this healing thing is totally garbage for heroics. At least in "regular" PvE I can just run different teams, but this Heroic I only had like 1.5 teams to begin with. Sitting there watching the health pack timer recharge isn't anyone's idea of a good time.

edit: Almost forgot - congrats GodDangIt and qiwi on the top 2, well-played.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mis-timed my last push, so I was still only halfway through when it ended.
    Managed to place #14 in my bracket though, so I'm really happy about that.
    If the event is re-run and the covers shuffled around a bit, I might try again - there was a lot of competition and top #10 is just too narrow for me to guarantee.