Juggernaut Heroic (June 23 to Jule 25)

Options

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sumilea wrote:
    Even though my nodes say max points, the points keep increasing. Not on the timer of course, so how high will it go? My highest node is 1096. Do I do a clear now or will it go higher? If it goes higher should I let it?

Thanks trying to figure out what is optimal.

Max rubber banding is times 10 so the max node is Full stop at 230 x 10 = 2300.

OK thanks did not know that! So, how does the timing work? Anyway to gauge how long that takes, or is all based off the leader in my bracket?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Geez I'm having so much trouble in that Event. None of the hero's have any early abilities. Just a sitting duck until I have 3-4 Matches in a single color. And it doesn't help that the Reward Cover is Yellow since my IM40 is already at 3 Yellow :-/
    Are you people using boosts for this?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Geez I'm having so much trouble in that Event. None of the hero's have any early abilities. Just a sitting duck until I have 3-4 Matches in a single color. And it doesn't help that the Reward Cover is Yellow since my IM40 is already at 3 Yellow :-/

Boosts? Yes, but not in game. Alcohol and some green to numb the pain of the current state of affairs in game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:

No. Saving those for the push at last hours. And I dont use boosts usually much at all anyway. But I do have all the featured heroes, maxed or at quite high levels (exept hawkeye at 20, but he is quite usable with buffs) but it does take long time matching tiles before getting any real damage done. But im still liking this event somehow. Scaling is manageable and my bracket seems not to be so competitive (at least now ...hoping that everybody isnt waiting till the last hours to play hard)
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Miaomew wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

No. Saving those for the push at last hours. And I dont use boosts usually much at all anyway. But I do have all the featured heroes, maxed or at quite high levels (exept hawkeye at 20, but he is quite usable with buffs) but it does take long time matching tiles before getting any real damage done. But im still liking this event somehow. Scaling is manageable and my bracket seems not to be so competitive (at least now ...hoping that everybody isnt waiting till the last hours to play hard)
    Yeah I also never use boosts. I'm stuck at the Ares, Moonstone, Daken Node since their Abilities are so much cheaper than mine. So I am guaranteed to take a beating even if I win.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK thanks did not know that! So, how does the timing work? Anyway to gauge how long that takes, or is all based off the leader in my bracket?
    Timing on the rubberband? It's based off of the global leader afaik. So, let's say it starts kicking in at 3k behind leader and maxes out at 10x 13k behind leader (NOTE: I DO NOT KNOW THE ACTUAL NUMBERS), so if you're 8k behind the leader you will see 5x rubberband effect (it also might not be linear, but it seems close, so for simplicity's sake, we'll assume it is). Now remember this is updated continually so completing one mission will change how far behind you are and therefore effect how many points the other missions are worth as well.

As for me, I've only been doing the 6 highest point missions (5 on the right part of the map plus Imposter) every 3 hours or so (since starting ~15 hours ago, and skipping one "refresh" for sleeping 6 hours). I start with the highest points and work my way down, but I'm not positive that maximizes total points. The rubberband is pretty strong, so you should be able to catch up. Right now there's 5:45 left, so I would play those high point nodes once ASAP, once more in 2.5 hours, and then grind to your heart's content for the last hour-45 minutes.

As an aside, did anyone else find "Ear to the Ground" exceptionally difficult? First time I think I had no problem, but 2nd time I tried it the AI just saved those 4+ purple AP per turn for Lethal Recon over and over and with Lieutenant's healing I just never did anything worthwhile. It's the only node I've actually had real trouble beating icon_redface.gif.

2nd aside : the progression reward gave me my 2nd IM40 yellow, so I'm now having fun feeding blue to C Storm and red through Thor to get more yellow to do it again. It's actually been pretty fun. Scaling hasn't been so bad, so overall I'd give the event a B+ (completely ignoring the healing nerf this morning, which was avoidable by just waiting until it was over (plus then you can at least have the popup saying it goes into effect at midnight EST and it's not quite as sudden for everyone)).
  • mohio
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Miaomew wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:

Yeah I also never use boosts. I'm stuck at the Ares, Juggernaut, Daken Node since their Abilities are so much cheaper than mine. So I am guaranteed to take a beating even if I win.
    You might consider the R/Y AP boost. Would help your IM40 get to his yellow faster, which should then feed into a blue user (I've been using Storm to great effect, but Hawkeye's blue is decent as well or even IM40's if you can't spare a slot for one of those) and a R/G user (Thor or Widow, although her red is pretty awful). I don't like using boosts either, as it makes the game think you're better than you are and I'd rather not face tougher enemies if possible, so just a suggestion, not actual advice icon_e_smile.gif.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I can get through that"ear to the ground" by playing carefully and not letting the healing tiles go off but somehow Im dying over and over to that "digging deeper" and it even isnt so difficult, but every time they get amazing cascades and so many purple protect tiles that I just die. icon_redface.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Been in top 10 since event start with 2,5 hours grinding.. But lately pushed into 25 by people so far below before icon_e_sad.gif
    God I miss the sentry event with its weak rubberbanding.. This one just doesn't seems right..
    Serves me right for not utilizing rubberbanding, I guess..
  • Unknown
    Options
    It needs to be said, I absolutely HATE the AI in this game. It's the main reason I don't have a shot at even getting to the Top 100. Now I have to waste at least 2 Health Packs because the damn computer knows everything off the board and gets all these perfect matches WAY too often.

That's it. I quit. Three games in a row of that ****. It's obviously I'm not supposed to get anywhere near Top 100, and I got all of the progress rewards. I'm done trying.
  • mohio
    Options
    gotta love those games where you're forced to match environment or the 1 color you have no ability for and then opponent gets a match for their best color which then cascades into a few matches which settles into more environment/worst color for you. Feels like you aren't even playing and just watching the AI laugh in your face.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just over 2 hours to go, about to stop in 5th with 39810, Comm Link Disrupted. Oh dear. I thought the servers went down after the event ended.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, silly question. There's a total of 8 heroes that can be used in this heroic. With the new healing changes, what are we supposed to do when they are all dead? Where's the "Alternative to using health packs" that was mentioned in that Other Thread a few days back?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm just waiting to find out if I get a M!Hawkeye cover or not and find out what the next PvE is.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    So, silly question. There's a total of 8 heroes that can be used in this heroic. With the new healing changes, what are we supposed to do when they are all dead? Where's the "Alternative to using health packs" that was mentioned in that Other Thread a few days back?

Not playing is certainly an alternative to using health packs icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly the case. icon_e_sad.gif I actually LIKE this game, so basically being told "pay up or wait" to keep playing is disappointing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Unfortunately, that seems to be exactly the case. icon_e_sad.gif I actually LIKE this game, so basically being told "pay up or wait" to keep playing is disappointing.

Yep, for pay up or wait on a match-3, I could play Candy Crush.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So when is community scaling going to catch up with all those newbies with subpar rosters? I've got at least four players in my top-10 with no characters over 55. One guy has a seven-character roster and his only eligible characters are level 15 IM35, 15 IM40 (with one yellow), and 6 Classic Storm (with one yellow). Tell me how he has 39,000 points?
  • Unknown
    Options
    So when is community scaling going to catch up with all those newbies with subpar rosters? I've got at least four players in my top-10 with no characters over 55. One guy has a seven-character roster and his only eligible characters are level 15 IM35, 15 IM40 (with one yellow), and 6 Classic Storm (with one yellow). Tell me how he has 39,000 points?

You should not try to understand, it would be too painful.

I try to ignore this, I have to protect my heart icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I've got just the opposite in mine so I looks like it's working a bit. The worst roster I saw had CStorm at L80 as it's best, pretty much everyone else had at least four characters over 100, most of them maxed.

I was going to try riding the rubberband as hard as I could to see where I could get to but Juggs put a stop to that. He and Ares basically wiped my team twice on the last node so I've got no healthpacks left and no IM40, CStorm, GSBW or Torch.