***** Gargantos (Multiverse of Madness) *****

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on comments from those who actually have him champed, I wonder if I ranked him too high (top 10 right out of the gate, but I was just theory-crafting). Also, Insane Jane seems like a counter character who will wipe most of the CDs from Hawk/Garg/3rd right off the board, which should effectively take him out of potential meta contention and lower his ranking. 

Has anyone tried Abby with Hawkgantos? Spec her blue to 3 and yellow to 5, since blue goes to Garg. I wonder if all the passive healing helps Hawkeye and makes them even more annoying to face on defense. I can’t imagine she’s better than Switch as a third though. 

With Abby the main thing keeping the team from being more than annoying is that 1) Abagail is really squishy and 2) the healing only goes off 3 times per offensive turn. The team can get crushed vs match damage meta (colossus and Shang Chi) and cascade meta (onslaught and prof X teams and now soon to be FosThor teams). Also, the healing doesn’t really come into play until Gargantos becomes invisible. Crystal’s healing is so much better early in the match with HawkEyeball. 

HawkEyeball needs to stay alive early in the match. Once Gargantos goes invisible everything changes. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I still think Elektra is the best third for this team: damage reduction + stunlock, or you could pair them with cd spammers like Deadpool, AC or Gertrude.

What's more important is positioning once Shuma goes invisible. If Shuma is in the middle and it goes invisible and whenever it make matches of its colours it's tanking while invisible, the one positioned on the third will tank next. So, you will put Hawkeye on the left to protect him
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on comments from those who actually have him champed, I wonder if I ranked him too high (top 10 right out of the gate, but I was just theory-crafting). Also, Insane Jane seems like a counter character who will wipe most of the CDs from Hawk/Garg/3rd right off the board, which should effectively take him out of potential meta contention and lower his ranking. 

Has anyone tried Abby with Hawkgantos? Spec her blue to 3 and yellow to 5, since blue goes to Garg. I wonder if all the passive healing helps Hawkeye and makes them even more annoying to face on defense. I can’t imagine she’s better than Switch as a third though. 

With Abby the main thing keeping the team from being more than annoying is that 1) Abagail is really squishy and 2) the healing only goes off 3 times per offensive turn. The team can get crushed vs match damage meta (colossus and Shang Chi) and cascade meta (onslaught and prof X teams and now soon to be FosThor teams). Also, the healing doesn’t really come into play until Gargantos becomes invisible. Crystal’s healing is so much better early in the match with HawkEyeball. 

HawkEyeball needs to stay alive early in the match. Once Gargantos goes invisible everything changes. 
    I never realized her healing was capped at 3x per turn!!  Such garbage! This makes so much sense why my Apoc/Ice teams were getting battered despite tons of repeaters going off. Ugh. That’s a huge thing I overlooked. I might have to re-rank lower because of this as that was the ONE niche I thought she had going for her. 
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @HoundofShadow I've been playing a lot with Gargantos and your explanation of who tanks when Garg is invisible is not accurate. If Garg makes a match while invisible, the last friendly character to have "priority" moves to the front.

This could mean the last character to initiate a match before Garg, or the last character to fire or resolve an ability. 

e.g. If you fire Hawkeye's red, then make a match with invisible Garg, HE tanks on the opponent turn regardless of position. 

e.g. If you fire Garg blue, then match purple with Knull, then match Garg tiles the remainder of the invisibility, Knull will tank the entire invisibility regardless of position. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for spotting the error.

Who were you playing Gargantos with? Gargantos/Hawkeye/Deadpool is actually pretty fast.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I don't have HE well covered so I only pair Garg with him in PvE. I don't have a great comp that leverages any specific aspect of Garg; I mostly use him as a beatstick. 

In PvP
    I've run Garg, MK, Valk to success. Garg slows the match down and gets some early Valk procs, generating green. MK green then shuts down the strongest enemy and can help proc more Valk tiles. You can use May instead of Valk but she may use her blue on defense before Garg can. 

I've run Garg, ProfX, May to pump out blue AP for Garg/May. This team is easier for the AI on defense and pumps out passive damage that could dissuade people. Garg green can often open up match 4s for you too. On offense you can plan to save blue for Garg. On defense, you are fine with the AI May throwing stuns and making your team annoying to face. 

I like both these teams because they don't need much health pack use. ProfX, MK, and even a bit from May mitigate a lot of damage, with MK often healing 20k per match back to full. 
  • 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Tiger_Wong how was Garg/HE/Mantis on offense?  Mantis died too quick on d to matter. Mantis/Carnage/JThor was the first team I tried in Sim. I thought I was so smart and it’d be instant stunlock. And then Thor blew up Mantis’s countdown almost every single round 😂 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Based on comments from those who actually have him champed, I wonder if I ranked him too high (top 10 right out of the gate, but I was just theory-crafting).
    I'm thinking around 20. I champed him, and I am trying to figure out a viable team for him since I don't have Hawkeye.

Without an effective way to generate blue the matches really slow down. SW and Sersi didn't work out too well. Maybe SW Col and Garg. It seems without Hawkeye he is not nearly as strong. Coulson is okay but not great. I might stick him with Abigail Brand and Apoc.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    658_2 said:
    @Tiger_Wong how was Garg/HE/Mantis on offense?  Mantis died too quick on d to matter. Mantis/Carnage/JThor was the first team I tried in Sim. I thought I was so smart and it’d be instant stunlock. And then Thor blew up Mantis’s countdown almost every single round 😂 
    That’s a team I use to crush BRB/Kitty/Polaris or Polaritty/Apoc or BRBITTY/Apoc teams in SS.

Oh no. HawkEyeball wants no part of FosThor. 😂 That **** is crazy. She just be blowing up stuff for no reason.