***** Gargantos (Multiverse of Madness) *****

Options

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are comparing SC to gargantos like if AI could use SC.
    On the best team arranged for SC, AI never gets 10 combo points as AI will match another color even if there are possible red purple matches.
    On the other hand gargantos could be the worst enemy for him as he will take him out a red or purple AP, and he can KO him perfectly when turning invisible as SC will be in front and has low health. If not, SC will lose more AP, and he will try to keep his combo points while losing extra AP for 3 long turns, while gargantos could get blue for turning invisible again as SC is not free for to deny colors.
    As mentioned, use abigail and the team could be a really long and hard to kill nightmare.
    Above someone said that there are meta teams and fun teams, that's wrong. 
    There is a third category, teams which players would prefer to skip.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m looking at Crystal and 5witch as his partners.
    That huge nuke would benefit greatly from 5witch and crystals healing on blue match can give some sustain.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    wymtime said:
    numb numbers are interesting.  He is expensive, but paired with Hawkeye might be interesting. Getting 3 Thrash tiles out has the potential to do 14k damage per turn.  Blue at 30 AP will do 128K damage.  Black by default will go to level 3 and will be situational.  I almost wish this was a repeater tile.  Every turn or every 2 turns reduce and destroy.

he will be really good with Hawkeye but on his own I don’t see him as very good

I mostly agree, but don't think the high cap amount for blue at 30ap is relevant, since any strategy that requires collecting 30 blue is basically a losing strategy.  Even HE/coulson  which is just about the most efficient AP currently in the game (can easily do 30+ blue and 20+ red turn when maxed) is too slow for competitive pve and pvp. 

So even though 4.2k/ap is much higher than expected, it's only relevant if you can spam it a lot (which the full drain prevents). And the  Since 9x blue will typically mean 3x cds out at all times, and since HE will generate 9x blue ap for 3 cds resolving, garg should be casting blue every turn for ~37k and resolving 3x cds for another ~14.2k.  That's less damage output than a 10 combo SC, but it's more or less self sustaining after the first 9 blue. On paper that is a very good scarecrow.  But the AI may still **** it up by casting HE'S blue over garg's.
    I don’t disagree with anything you are saying.  I don’t see him as this meta strategy that will be good in PVE or PVP.  I think in partnering him with Hawkeye he is usable if you want to use him.  If you pair those 2 with Colossus or Brand it could be used for a tough challenge node.  Brand or Colossus keep characters alive and all the CD tiles resolving will pump out blue and red.  It will be slow but useable.  

It could also be a good strategy to use in Puzzle Guantlet when you need to generate X amount of blue or red AP.

he is not meta, but he has a good partner in 5* lane to take advantage of what he does. I am just glad he has some natural synergy with someone compared to other characters who have very little synergy with others
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, he would have been so obnoxious with Hawkeye and Pre-Nerf hammercap. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    The trouble is since Shang came along who has trouble with Challenge nodes anymore? I breeze through everything in CL 10 without paying much attention with okoye prof and ihulk. I used to have to try brb Polaris and kitty for really tough nodes or stun lock. Sometimes I would only do a node 1 or 2 times. Now with Shang I steam through every Cn and don’t use a health pack.

So for pve it’s very very tough to release anyone worth while unless they bring out CL11. Unless it’s faster I’m not going to bother, why would I? I don’t lose and I don’t use health packs.

He may work brilliantly with Clint but so what, it’s slower. When you have played for 7 years it’s all about speed. They can nerf okoye and Shang if they want, force back animations and I would be happy, if they removed a clear required to 3. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like you've reached the end of the game. SC can already do more than 1 million damage, and I doubt the dev will release anyone more powerful than him. So, if you are looking for that, you'll be disappointed. The game has been running for over 8 years now. I'll give it another anniversary or two before it shuts down. I think there's nothing much for you to look forward to now since you care only about speed. SC can already clear scl 10 in 25 minutes.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Man, he would have been so obnoxious with Hawkeye and Pre-Nerf hammercap. 

Against special tile generators you can do Hawkeye and Blob.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     The game has been running for over 8 years now. I'll give it another anniversary or two before it shuts down. 
    Imo this game will shut down for one of these 2 reasons:
    - Because devs get bored or their ideas get dry up.
    - Because Marvel's movies or shows don't move money anymore. 
    And the second reason is really unlikely to happen. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HoundofShadowi said:
    It seems like you've reached the end of the game. SC can already do more than 1 million damage, and I doubt the dev will release anyone more powerful than him. So, if you are looking for that, you'll be disappointed. The game has been running for over 8 years now. I'll give it another anniversary or two before it shuts down. I think there's nothing much for you to look forward to now since you care only about speed. SC can already clear scl 10 in 25 minutes.
    I still think you need to be rushing to do 25 minute clears, unless maybe you have a 500+ SC, so that may be a bit of an overstatement. But he certainly does trivialize 99% of the content. As Tony foot says, he doesn't die and he uses no health packs. It's pretty hard to beat that.  He does struggle against a few types of opponents, but they are mostly newer opponents and thus extremely rare in pve content that has been set (outside of simulator) for years.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even if dev came out with SCL 11, it's going to be pointless. History'll repeat again. Enemies will have over 1 million health, and then it's going to take top players 30-35 minutes to finish 3 clears. They'll come to the forum complaining about poor quality of life due to paying scl 11, and expect the dev to reduce the playtime to 20 minutes. And we'll be back to where we are again.

Recently, a dev made an appearance in the Women of Marvel podcast. In it, she was asked about MPQ character design process etc. Anyone who is bored of weak characters being released constantly might want to spend 16 minutes listening to the this. After listening, step back and think about whether you agree with how they design characters. If you don't agree with what they are doing and majority of who they released makes you unhappy, maybe, it's really time to leave MPQ.

The part where the dev starts talking is around 4 minute 35 secs and last till 20 minutes 10 secs.

https://women-of-marvel-b231621b.simplecast.com/episodes/peggy-carter-made-to-be-captain-america

Anyway, for 4* players, C4rol is a great pick 2 with Shuma. Throw in your R4G or Polaris to get your strike tiles boosted every turn by C4rol. She can boost a max of 3 tiles for 420 strength each. Once three cds goes off every turn, she's buffing those tiles by a total of 3600 strength, which is higher than what a champed Kitty can do.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happy to see Gargantos/Shuma Gorath in the game who looks pretty good (wish I had a better Hawkeye) and I reckon this lines us up with a 4* Dr. Strange (maybe the one who looks like he is evil from the trailers) for next time. I hope SG animations are really cool.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Happy to see Gargantos/Shuma Gorath in the game who looks pretty good (wish I had a better Hawkeye) and I reckon this lines us up with a 4* Dr. Strange (maybe the one who looks like he is evil from the trailers) for next time. I hope SG animations are really cool.
    I know it's unlikely, but I really want the Shuma-Gorath animations to be inspired by his animations in Marvel vs. Capcom...
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm thinking I will pass on this one.  It is hard for me to judge how good he will be, but I like the HE synergy - if my HE was covered that would lean me towards getting him.  I like that he is a unique character and he has some unique skills.

I am also passing on crystal, too.  She doesn't seem that great to me, but I was wrong about Colossus and Switch.

I am still riding my SC pretty hard - to me he is the best.  Just a blast to play.  
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2022
    Options
    heybub said:
    I'm thinking I will pass on this one.  It is hard for me to judge how good he will be, but I like the HE synergy - if my HE was covered that would lean me towards getting him.  I like that he is a unique character and he has some unique skills.

I am also passing on crystal, too.  She doesn't seem that great to me, but I was wrong about Colossus and Switch.

I am still riding my SC pretty hard - to me he is the best.  Just a blast to play.  
    He definitely benefits more from a deep roster unlike SC who is ready to play out of the box. It's still too early to tell how popular he'll be until the next 2 five-stars are revealed. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2022
    Options
    heybub said:

He has a kit that could be useful.  HE is probably his best current partner, but any good blue battery (like old Bishop) would also be quite good with him.  I think crystal is more of a support player that can do a bunch of different stuff that is mostly worth having, but can't carry a team by herself very easily.  On paper at least garg has a kit that can be the heavy hitter on a team if supplied with enough blue. 

I think crystal/garg/X is a pretty solid LT pool and likely the best we have seen since SC left the pool last fall. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,648 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    heybub said:

He has a kit that could be useful.  HE is probably his best current partner, but any good blue battery (like old Bishop) would also be quite good with him.  I think crystal is more of a support player that can do a bunch of different stuff that is mostly worth having, but can't carry a team by herself very easily.  On paper at least garg has a kit that can be the heavy hitter on a team if supplied with enough blue. 

I think crystal/garg/X is a pretty solid LT pool and likely the best we have seen since SC left the pool last fall. 

Won't Crystal have gone and it be Moon Knight/Gargantos/X? It will be Crystal/Moon Knight/Gargantos which depending on how you feel about Moony stills seems a pretty good LT offering.
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah it will br Crystal/MK/Gargantos in LL. So if the next 5* is better than Crystal, then it may be worth waiting for Gargantos/??? /???. People don't seem to be liking MK. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless they're skipping Moon Knight altogether in the LLT rotation. 😜