***** Gargantos (Multiverse of Madness) *****

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing is I was already super excited before his numbers were released. Even if his blue did 3k/ap, I would still be super excited. Hopefully, one or two of the next few releases will synergise with his black or green power 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I doubt there could be a player running his black at level 5.
    However, a maxed polaris firing iron proficiency lev 5 creates 4 enemy tiles 112, that would be 23k damage for garg, if he can reduce 2 tiles more, 34k.
    Then that team would be HE and polaris. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    His black power is for niche situation (polaris/brb/kitty) and if you want to focus on his black Eddie Brock would be excellent and Carnage should be fine. Other characters who create enemy special tiles are Patch, Sabretooth, C3rol, Carbage and probably a few more I can't remember. His black power gains aps for tiles destroyed, and I think there's potential for some sort of winfinite in the future. I'm thinking Shuma/Eddie Brock + a character who can convert yellow ap to black ap or purple to green etc. I forgot to test whether EB will create protect tiles for each tile destroyed or he will create only one protect tile per black power fired. I'll try that out once I get him champed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His black power is for niche situation (polaris/brb/kitty) and if you want to focus on his black Eddie Brock would be excellent and Carnage should be fine. Other characters who create enemy special tiles are Patch, Sabretooth, C3rol, Carbage and probably a few more I can't remember. His black power gains aps for tiles destroyed, and I think there's potential for some sort of winfinite in the future. I'm thinking Shuma/Eddie Brock + a character who can convert yellow ap to black ap or purple to green etc. I forgot to test whether EB will create protect tiles for each tile destroyed or he will create only one protect tile per black power fired. I'll try that out once I get him champed.
    I believe Eddie creates a tile per discreet chunk of damage above his threshold, so whether he makes one for each destroyed tile or not would likely depend on whether or not that damage is pooled into a single number or counted as multiple hits. 
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    A max champed Eddie Brock threshold is only 930 damage and he creates 112 strength protect tile, which is way lower than Shuma's 356 critieria at 3 cover. Too bad, I can't find any good use for yellow. 4* Dr Ock was pretty close but it's not close enough and he could remove all of EB's protect tiles, which is a minus point. Patch has good potential but I need someone with good purple to chain things up, but there isn't any. So, this mini project is still a long way from being realised.

I just saw that

1) 5* Jean Grey could create 4 black enemy attack tiles for 8 red aps under the right condition
    2) Elektra - 7 purple aps for 3 purple enemy strike tiles

Other side note
    Modok - 3 red enemy attack tiles for 6 black aps.

So, it's better to focus on his non-black unless you are dealing with Polaris/BRB, The Hand or Sentries.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Melinda May would be an AMAZING 3rd to HawkEyeball if only the strongest color for the team was an active power. Her red at lvl 5 can destroy ANY enemy special tile up to 4 (perfect vs BRB, SW, Apoc) and her blue is a 3 turn stun that costs 5 AP (hella cheap) AND it also creates a CD when the opponent comes out of stun that reduces damage from matches and powers. 

If HawkEyeball’s strongest colors were actives too?….. 😮 🏋️‍♀️
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    That's where R4/5 supports come into play in pves...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Melinda May would be an AMAZING 3rd to HawkEyeball if only the strongest color for the team was an active power. Her red at lvl 5 can destroy ANY enemy special tile up to 4 (perfect vs BRB, SW, Apoc) and her blue is a 3 turn stun that costs 5 AP (hella cheap) AND it also creates a CD when the opponent comes out of stun that reduces damage from matches and powers. 

Are there any supports that could solve this problem?  Something to boost blue or black match damage up above garg's green?  Has to be compatible with villains. Maybe one of thanos' lieutenants?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Why not Wa5p, who can make her teammates invisible on Yellow?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Are there any supports that could solve this problem?  Something to boost blue or black match damage up above garg's green?  Has to be compatible with villains. Maybe one of thanos' lieutenants?
    Hydra Henchmen can increase base black damage, not sure it's enough. Kra-Van does blue. Pocket Radio is usable on any character and pumps Green/Red/black in that order depending on level. Ebony Maw does black. Didn't check the infinity stones; I don't know how many of those are in circulation so they hardly seem attainable.
  • Tiger_Wong
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Maybe the Sharon Carter support?

*goes off to check*

edit* Awwwww yeah!! The Sharon Carter support at lvl 4 pumps Hawkeye’s blue over his red! Yes!! 😈
  • Vhailorx
    Options

*goes off to check*

edit* Awwwww yeah!! The Sharon Carter support at lvl 4 pumps Hawkeye’s blue over his red! Yes!! 😈

+110 or so for black would be enough to put it above green.  But that won't help much as garg's black isn't great.  You would need +220 or so for blue to get the ideal outcome.   and i don't know if there is a support that can do that and is usable by garg.  Boosting HE doesn't help as much in terms of using may because he will be doing a lot less damage than garg (and less often).
  • Tiger_Wong
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

*goes off to check*

+110 or so for black would be enough to put it above green.  But that won't help much as garg's black isn't great.  You would need +220 or so for blue to get the ideal outcome.   and i don't know if there is a support that can do that and is usable by garg.  Boosting HE doesn't help as much in terms of using may because he will be doing a lot less damage than garg (and less often).
    The point of making Hawkeye’s blue the strongest is so that when May’s yellow passive goes off, the 2/3 AP goes to an active power instead of GG’s green (which is a passive) and black (very situational). 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

*goes off to check*

The point of making Hawkeye’s blue the strongest is so that when May’s yellow passive goes off, the 2/3 AP goes to an active power instead of GG’s green (which is a passive) and black (very situational). 
    But doesn't MM yellow apply to the the character hitting the damage threshold?  Wouldn't you want to make GG blue the strongest since he naturally tanks more colors on this team?  If you equip Sharon Carter on GG, then it tanks the following.

GG with Sharon Carter support tanks Blue (highest), Black, Green, Yellow, TU

HE - Red, Purple

MM -  nothing (maybe yellow when max champed??? Nowhere near there currently haha)

• Tiger_Wong
    Options
    My GG is 1/0/0 
    my Hawkeye is lvl 463, which is #15 on my champ 5 list. 

For a good time Hawkeye will be doing the most damage until GG gets champed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2022
    Options
    so we’re using GG for green goblin and Gargantos now? Is it too late to petition to not do that?
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Let's stick with Shuma because that's the name most know by.  :D
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I prefer garg to Shuma; it requires no extrinsic comics knowledge. 

Isn't Sharon Carter heroes only? I don't think there are any villain-compatible supports that boost blue match damage. Alas.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Isn't Sharon Carter heroes only? I don't think there are any villain-compatible supports that boost blue match damage. Alas.

Kra-Van does, I believe?
  • Vhailorx
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Kra-Van does, I believe?

It does!  And by ~400 at max level.  It's the rank power though,  so it should be 200+ around level 150. anyone have a kra-van at level 150 to confirm? If true, that makes it the ideal option to use use with garg if you want to run Melinda May as a Blue battery.  If not, this will only work for those who have underdeveloped gargs or rank 4+ kra-vans.