Character Creation Challenge: Nimrod

Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Pretty soon children will be returning to school. For students at the X-Men academy, going back to school means facing life-threatening enemies like Nimrod. There are a few iterations of Nimrod. There's the updated version, the classic version, and let's not forget Bastion (among others). Pick one and roll with it.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Just follow 3 rules:

1. Stick to the character in the title. You may choose any depiction of that character whether it is a younger, older, alternate version, etc. 

2. Provide some details like the colors of the powers, cost, and description. Include more if you're feeling a bit more expressive. Include as much or little detail as you desire, but providing more detail paints a better picture. As long as the information is there and understandable, it is fine. As an example, I will begin the challenge with my own design.

3. You may utilize someone else's ideas, but give them credit. Chances are, we will all come up with some of the same ideas. Post them freely, but give credit to the inspiration for your idea, if any.

Constructive discussion is encouraged, and if you have any suggestions for a future CCC, leave a comment.

LET'S BEGIN! 

Want to go back and view or submit to a previous CCC? Check out our past challenges on StarVlad DraculaOyaKool-Aid ManBlack Tom CassidyHazmat, and Quasar.

Comments

• Akoni
    edited July 2021
    *Edit- I know this is a couple of days early, but I have a busy weekend coming up and didn't want to miss posting the monthly CCC.
    Nimrod (Advanced Sentinel)

5 Star (Epic)

Affiliation: Villains
    Health: Above moderate
    Match Damage: Moderate

Mutants Detected 5  AP
    Advanced technology enables Nimrod to detect genetic anomalies and adapt itself to take on new threats. Create 1 3-turn Countdown tile in each of the enemy team's colors that deal 313 damage when matched or destroyed by the enemy.
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod gains powers according to each Mutants Detected Countdown color.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy Countdown or Repeater Countdown tile when an enemy fires a power. (Does not deal damage or generate AP.)
    : Send the target airborne for 1 turn when an enemy fires a power.
    : Gain 1 random AP per turn.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy AP per turn.
    : Enemy matches deal 5% less damage to Nimrod.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile per turn.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Countdowns deal 368; 10% less
    • Level 3: 4-turn Countdowns that deal 460; 15% less; destroy 2 random SAP tiles
    • Level 4: Countdowns deal 613; 20% less; destroy 2 random enemy AP
    • Level 5: 6-turn Countdowns deal 876; airborne 2 turns; 30% less; gain 2 random AP

Adaptive Weaponry 7  AP
    Scaling its attacks to neutralize the target, Nimrod selects a random tile and deals 142 damage for each tile of that color (max 2130 damage).
    (PASSIVE) At the end of each turn, Nimrod deals 179 damage to all Mutants.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Deals 167 (max 2505 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 210 to all Mutants.
    • Level 3: Deals 208 (max 3744 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 263 to all Mutants.
    • Level 4: Deals 298 (max 5364 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 350 to all Mutants.
    • Level 5: Deals 397 (max 7940 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 500 to all Mutants.

Emergency Protocol 0  AP
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod's self-preservation directives are prioritized when its destruction is imminent. When Nimrod receives 1709 or more damage, send Nimrod airborne for 2 turns and convert 2 Team-Up tiles to strength 104 Yellow Protect tiles when it returns. 
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: When Nimrod receives 1795... convert 3 Team-Up tiles
    • Level 3: When Nimrod receives 1884... strength 137 Protect tiles
    • Level 4: When Nimrod receives 1978... convert 4 Team-Up tiles
    • Level 5: When Nimrod receives 2077... strength 198 Protect tiles

Developer's Notes:
    • Emergency Protocol only creates Protect tiles when Nimrod is sent and returns from airborne via Emergency Protocol.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Akoni said:
    *Edit- I know this is a couple of days early, but I have a busy weekend coming up and didn't want to miss posting the monthly CCC.
    Nimrod (Advanced Sentinel)

5 Star (Epic)

Health: Above moderate

Mutants Detected 5  AP
    Advanced technology enables Nimrod to detect genetic anomalies and adapt itself to take on new threats. Create 1 3-turn Countdown tile in each of the enemy team's colors that deal 313 damage when matched or destroyed by the enemy.
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod gains powers according to each Mutants Detected Countdown color.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy Countdown or Repeater Countdown tile when an enemy fires a power. (Does not deal damage or generate AP.)
    : Send the target airborne for 1 turn when an enemy fires a power.
    : Gain 1 random AP per turn.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy AP per turn.
    : Enemy matches deal 5% less damage to Nimrod.
    : Destroy 1 random enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile per turn.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Countdowns deal 368; 10% less
    • Level 3: 4-turn Countdowns that deal 460; 15% less; destroy 2 random SAP tiles
    • Level 4: Countdowns deal 613; 20% less; destroy 2 random enemy AP
    • Level 5: 6-turn Countdowns deal 876; airborne 2 turns; 30% less; gain 2 random AP

Adaptive Weaponry 7  AP
    Scaling its attacks to neutralize the target, Nimrod selects a random tile and deals 142 damage for each tile of that color (max 2130 damage).
    (PASSIVE) At the end of each turn, Nimrod deals 179 damage to all Mutants.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Deals 167 (max 2505 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 210 to all Mutants.
    • Level 3: Deals 208 (max 3744 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 263 to all Mutants.
    • Level 4: Deals 298 (max 5364 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 350 to all Mutants.
    • Level 5: Deals 397 (max 7940 damage). (PASSIVE) Deals 500 to all Mutants.

Emergency Protocol 0  AP
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod's self-preservation directives are prioritized when its destruction is imminent. When Nimrod receives 1709 or more damage, send Nimrod airborne for 2 turns and convert 2 Team-Up tiles to strength 104 Yellow Protect tiles when it returns. 
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: When Nimrod receives 1795... convert 3 Team-Up tiles
    • Level 3: When Nimrod receives 1884... strength 137 Protect tiles
    • Level 4: When Nimrod receives 1978... convert 4 Team-Up tiles
    • Level 5: When Nimrod receives 2077... strength 198 Protect tiles

Developer's Notes:
    • Emergency Protocol only creates Protect tiles when Nimrod is sent and returns from airborne via Emergency Protocol.

This is a very interesting moveset. I love how he is adaptable to the situation and has a focus on destruction. Throw in the fact that it is his passive that is changable and that it is not just one passive is really creative and makes it a whole lot better too. He definitely has a lot going for him that could potentially make him a beast to fight. Great work!
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2021

Nimrod (The Lesser)

5 Star (Epic)
    Health: High

Critical Processor 9  AP
    Nimrod has been outfitted with some of the best technology to help in its mission. Converts a random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tile into a charged tile. If there are five or more Charged tiles on the board, destroy the entire columns, leaving any Charged tiles.

(PASSIVE) Nimrod’s systems study the enemy intently, learning of any weak points. If one does not exist at the start of the turn, convert a random tile, targeting enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles first, into a Processor tile that stores one Data Point for each match the enemy makes that round, to the max of five. Processor tile converts random basic tiles equal to the number of Data Points stored into Charged tiles the next round, resetting the counter,
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Converts two random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles.
    • Level 3: Converts three random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles.
    • Level 4: May also convert enemy Repeater or Countdown tiles.
    • Level 5: Converts four random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles.

Exterminating Cannon 10  AP
    Nimrod fires a devastating blast that leaves untold destruction, but that is alright, if it takes out the intended mutant targets. Converts a selected tile into a 3-turn Repeater tile that destroys a random Charged tile in that colour, dealing 1000 damage to the enemy team. If there are no Charged tiles in that colour, the Repeater tile is destroyed along with the surrounding tiles in a 3x3 block, dealing 1500 damage to the target.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Creates a 2-turn Repeater tile that deals 1500 damage or 2500 damage.
    • Level 3: Deals 2000 damage or 3500 damage.
    • Level 4: Creates a 1-turn Repeater tile that deals 2500 damage or 3500 damage.
    • Level 5: Deals 3000 damage or 4500 damage.

Mutant Detector 8  AP
    Nimrod’s focus returns to its mission, the eradication of mutants. Converts a random tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile that brings mutant enemies to the front at the start of the turn. While this tile is on the board, Nimrod fires rockets at all enemies, dealing additional 800 damage to other enemies when matching tiles.

(PASSIVE) Nimrod’s match damage deals 15% more damage against mutants.
    (At level 255)
    • Level 2: Nimrod’s match damage deals 15% more damage against mutants.
    • Level 3: Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile. Nimrod’s match damage deals 25% more damage against mutants.
    • Level 4: Nimrod’s match damage deals 35% more damage against mutants.
    • Level 5: Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile. Nimrod’s match damage deals 45% more damage against mutants.
  • Akoni
    Kelvinkhr said:

Nimrod (The Lesser)

5 Star (Epic)
    Health: High
     Critical Processor 9  AP
    Nimrod has been outfitted with some of the best technology to help in its mission. Converts a random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tile into a charged tile. If there are five or more Charged tiles on the board, destroy the entire columns, leaving any Charged tiles.
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod’s systems study the enemy intently, learning of any weak points. If one does not exist at the start of the turn, convert a random tile, targeting enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles first, into a Processor tile that stores one Data Point for each match the enemy makes that round, to the max of five. Processor tile converts random basic tiles equal to the number of Data Points stored into Charged tiles the next round, resetting the counter,
     Exterminating Cannon 10  AP
    Nimrod fires a devastating blast that leaves untold destruction, but that is alright, if it takes out the intended mutant targets. Converts a selected tile into a 3-turn Repeater tile that destroys a random Charged tile in that colour, dealing 1000 damage to the enemy team. If there are no Charged tiles in that colour, the Repeater tile is destroyed along with the surrounding tiles in a 3x3 block, dealing 1500 damage to the target.
     Mutant Detector 8  AP
    Nimrod’s focus returns to its mission, the eradication of mutants. Converts a random tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile that brings mutant enemies to the front at the start of the turn. While this tile is on the board, Nimrod fires rockets at all enemies, dealing additional 800 damage to other enemies when matching tiles.
    (PASSIVE) Nimrod’s match damage deals 15% more damage against mutants.
    First, I don't know where you found it, but I like that cover. 

Second, charged tiles didn't even cross my mind, but work well for Nimrod. 

There are details in each of these powers that are unique and possibly applicable to other future characters as well. For blue, destroying all except specific tiles isn't new, but this is the first time it is done with charged tiles, I believe. That Processor tile is a nice touch and ensures the creation of charged tiles to fuel his destruction. 

I really like that red power. A repeater that deals controlled damage, but deals more if the first condition cannot be met, and all while keeping the focus on charged tiles... nice.

Purple applies a little AoE damage making him a better tool in some scenarios and a bigger threat to enemy teams. I also like how he draws out Mutants so that his purple passive has more impact. That one isn't something that players will benefit from much on offense, but makes him potentially better on defense.

Although I like my submission, I have to say that mine looks more on the safe side while yours is much edgier.