Character Creation Challenge: Vlad Dracula

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
It's time for another CCC. Valentine's Day is approaching, so why not focus on Mr. Romantic himself, Vlad Dracula.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Just follow 3 rules:

1. You must stick to the character in the title. 
You may choose any variant of that character whether it is a younger, older, alternate universe, etc. Examples include:
   Kid Thanos
   Female Thanos (if such a thing exists)
   Thanos with infinity stones
   Thanos with the heart of the universe
   End Game Thanos
   Thanos as Eternity...
You get the point. You can choose any variation of that chosen character. 

2. You must provide the character's rarity, name of each power, power color, power cost, power description, and power differentiation at each level.
Example:
   4*
   Smack Down / 8 / Yellow
     Level 1- Deal x damage.
     Level 2- Deal 2x damage
     Level 3- Deal 3x damage
     Level 4- Deal 4x damage
     Level 5- Deal 5x damage
   *Rinse and repeat for the second and third power.
Include as much or little detail as you desire, but providing more detail paints a better picture. I like to include all of the bells and whistles, but it is not necessary. As long as the information is there and understandable, it is fine. As an example, I will begin the challenge with my own design.

3. You may utilize someone else's ideas, but give them credit.
There are few unique ideas in the world. The chances that at least 2 people will think of having Thanos do the "thing" is high. Post your ideas freely. However, if you were inspired by something in another post, please share it, but give credit to the inspiration for your idea.

4. This is not a rule, but if you would like to comment, be constructive.
Feel free to discuss. However, if you think someone did a horrible job and you believe you could have done better, then submit your own character design.

LET'S BEGIN! 

Comments

• Akoni
    Options

Vlad Dracula (Classic)

5 Star (Epic)

Health: Moderate
    Match Damage: High

Revitalize 0  AP
    (PASSIVE) As Dracula feasts to maintain his immortality, his following grows. When Vlad Dracula's team makes a Red match, increase his health by 390 and convert 1 Yellow tile to a strength 112 Black Attack tile.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: increase health by 487, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 140 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 3: increase health by 609, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 175 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 4: increase health by 761, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 219 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 5: increase health by 951, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 274 Black Attack tile.

Look Into My Eyes 10  AP
    Dracula's hypnotic gaze compels others to do his bidding. Stun the target for 3 turns and give them the following ability while stunned: "(PASSIVE) While stunned, drain the highest AP pool and deal 70 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: "...deal 84 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 3: "...deal 97 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 4: "...deal 109 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 5: "...deal 120 damage to allies for each AP drained."

Resurrection AP
    Dracula's network of loyal servants, cultists, brides, and minions are prepared to resurrect him if he is slain. If one does not exist, create a fortified 2-turn Resurrection Countdown tile. At the start of the turn, if Vlad Dracula is downed, remove the Resurrection Countdown tile and return Vlad Dracula with 40% health.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever Vlad Dracula's team makes a Black match, increase the count of his Resurrection Countdown tile by 1.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Create a 3-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 3: Create a 4-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 4: Create a 5-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 5: Create a 6-turn Countdown tile. (PASSIVE) ...fortify and increase count by 1.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Akoni said:

Vlad Dracula (Classic)

5 Star (Epic)

Match Damage: High

Revitalize 0  AP
    (PASSIVE) As Dracula feasts to maintain his immortality, his following grows. When Vlad Dracula's team makes a Red match, increase his health by 390 and convert 1 Yellow tile to a strength 112 Black Attack tile.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: increase health by 487, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 140 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 3: increase health by 609, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 175 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 4: increase health by 761, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 219 Black Attack tile.
    • Level 5: increase health by 951, convert 1 Yellow to a strength 274 Black Attack tile.

Look Into My Eyes 10  AP
    Dracula's hypnotic gaze compels others to do his bidding. Stun the target for 3 turns and give them the following ability while stunned: "(PASSIVE) While stunned, drain the highest AP pool and deal 70 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: "...deal 84 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 3: "...deal 97 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 4: "...deal 109 damage to allies for each AP drained."
    • Level 5: "...deal 120 damage to allies for each AP drained."

Resurrection AP
    Dracula's network of loyal servants, cultists, brides, and minions are prepared to resurrect him if he is slain. If one does not exist, create a fortified 2-turn Resurrection Countdown tile. At the start of the turn, if Vlad Dracula is downed, remove the Resurrection Countdown tile and return Vlad Dracula with 40% health.
    (PASSIVE) Whenever Vlad Dracula's team makes a Black match, increase the count of his Resurrection Countdown tile by 1.
    (At level 255) 
    • Level 2: Create a 3-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 3: Create a 4-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 4: Create a 5-turn Countdown tile. 
    • Level 5: Create a 6-turn Countdown tile. (PASSIVE) ...fortify and increase count by 1.

Wow, this is an awesome moveset. 

Revitalize is gonna be awesome in a Red tile-centric team, say, 3* Cyclops, especially since it creates quite the powerful Attack tile, so imagine making more than one such match in a round. Ouch. 

Look Into My Eyes is also really nice in that 3-turn Stun and AP drain is gonna hinder the enemy team greatly. 

Resurrection is really special. It's gonna be hard to down him unless it is between the time his tile is destroyed but wow, this is a really impressive skill.

Just a few things to clarify before I cap off though :
    (1) Does Revitalize heal him or increase his max health?
    (2) Does the passive of Look into my Eyes trigger every round, that is, it drains the AP pool three times or just the first time?

All in all, he is certainly powerful and really impressive. Great work!
  • Akoni
    Options
    Kelvinkhr said:

Wow, this is an awesome moveset. 

Revitalize is gonna be awesome in a Red tile-centric team, say, 3* Cyclops, especially since it creates quite the powerful Attack tile, so imagine making more than one such match in a round. Ouch. 

Look Into My Eyes is also really nice in that 3-turn Stun and AP drain is gonna hinder the enemy team greatly. 

Resurrection is really special. It's gonna be hard to down him unless it is between the time his tile is destroyed but wow, this is a really impressive skill.

Just a few things to clarify before I cap off though :
    (1) Does Revitalize heal him or increase his max health?
    (2) Does the passive of Look into my Eyes trigger every round, that is, it drains the AP pool three times or just the first time?

All in all, he is certainly powerful and really impressive. Great work!
    1. Revitalize only heals. 
    2. The idea is for the passive power to trigger every round. As I look back now, I think I have the cost too low for it. It should probably be 12 Black AP. I don't know how I overlooked that.
    Thank you. I wanted to make him powerful enough to be the center focus of a team, but not so universally powerful that he could just be thrown on any team. I think I succeeded... maybe.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vlad Dracula

5* Rarity

Bite of The Vampire- 6 Black
    (Passive) At the start of each turn if the enemy has more than 3 special tiles of the same type, convert one into a black charge to tile.
    Convert a chosen tile into a black fortified 3 turn Infection countdown tile targeting an enemy. When it goes off it becomes a fortified black 5 turn Compu!sion countdown tile targeting the same enemy. As long as this tile is on the board, matches made by the enemy deal their damage to their frontline ally, and grant their AP to Vlad's team.

The Feed- 12 Red
    (Passive) When Vlad takes more than x damage, create a 4 turn red countdown tile targeing tthe enemy who dealt the damage. When it goes off, deal damage equal to the damage taken to the targeted enemy and heal Vlad for the same amount.
    Remove all countdown tiles from the board and deal 1000 damage to the enemy team for each tile removed.

Shapeshift- 8 Blue
    (Passive) Whenever an allied countdown tile expires, gain a burst of 500 health, whenever an enemy countdown tile expires, deal 500 damage to the enemy.
    Choose a color of tile and Vlad shifts into a new form.
    Blue- Vlad turns into mist, going airborne for 3 turns. While airborne, he cannot be damaged, and generates an extra red, black, and blue on each ally match.
    Red- Vlad turns into a wolf, stunning himself for 3 turns. While stunned he is the target for all enemy match damage, but damage is reduced by 50% and the other 50% is stored up. At the end of the three turns, the stored damage is released on the enemy.
    Black- Vlad turns into a swarm of bats and rats, becoming invisible for 3 turns. While invisible Vlad deals 30% of his match damage to all enemies and creates a random 1 turn Vermin countdown tile in the enemy's strongest color that destroys a tile in the enemy's strongest color, dealing damage and generating AP.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Options
    Vlad Dracula

5* Rarity

(Passive) At the start of each turn if the enemy has more than 3 special tiles of the same type, convert one into a black charge to tile.
    Convert a chosen tile into a black fortified 3 turn Infection countdown tile targeting an enemy. When it goes off it becomes a fortified black 5 turn Compu!sion countdown tile targeting the same enemy. As long as this tile is on the board, matches made by the enemy deal their damage to their frontline ally, and grant their AP to Vlad's team.

The Feed- 12 Red
    (Passive) When Vlad takes more than x damage, create a 4 turn red countdown tile targeing tthe enemy who dealt the damage. When it goes off, deal damage equal to the damage taken to the targeted enemy and heal Vlad for the same amount.
    Remove all countdown tiles from the board and deal 1000 damage to the enemy team for each tile removed.

Shapeshift- 8 Blue
    (Passive) Whenever an allied countdown tile expires, gain a burst of 500 health, whenever an enemy countdown tile expires, deal 500 damage to the enemy.
    Blue- Vlad turns into mist, going airborne for 3 turns. While airborne, he cannot be damaged, and generates an extra red, black, and blue on each ally match.
    Red- Vlad turns into a wolf, stunning himself for 3 turns. While stunned he is the target for all enemy match damage, but damage is reduced by 50% and the other 50% is stored up. At the end of the three turns, the stored damage is released on the enemy.
    Black- Vlad turns into a swarm of bats and rats, becoming invisible for 3 turns. While invisible Vlad deals 30% of his match damage to all enemies and creates a random 1 turn Vermin countdown tile in the enemy's strongest color that destroys a tile in the enemy's strongest color, dealing damage and generating AP.

This is another really great piece. Very good idea to centre him around Countdown tiles.

Bite of The Vampire has quite a powerful active effect for 6 AP, which I think is balanced by the duration it needs to actually kick off. At least, the target has a way to potentially counter the move before it happens.

The Feed is also really strong especially in a team that can create a lot of Countdown tiles, i.e Sentry and 4* Capt Marvel. The passive is also really nice, a free heal and damage with a way to counter it.

Shapeshift is a great way to tie to his other powers as well, with the passive effect. I love how he can have different effects with the move as well. 

All in all, he has a really nice moveset. Great work!
  • Akoni
    Options
    Vlad Dracula

5* Rarity

The Feed- 12 Red

Shapeshift- 8 Blue
    I see some innovative stuff here. The countdown tiles created by his Black power peaked my interest, but it all came together with his Blue passive. What I like most is his ability to shapeshift based on the color. Very thematic and a smart way to utilize airborne, stun and invisibility for a single character.
  • NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    Thanks, glad you like it. I know it doesn't have the level specifics yet, but I will come back to it and fill that in when I get the time.

• Kelvinkhr
    Options

Vlad Dracula (Lord of Vampires)

5 Star (Epic)

Match Damage: Moderate

Going Batty - 8  AP

Dracula transforms himself into a swarm of vampire bats that tear at the enemy. Places a 3-turn Black Countdown tile that deals 1000 damage and creates a Black Strike tile of strength 100 when it expires. If there are any enemy special tile on the board when the tile expires, a new Countdown tile replaces the tile. 

(Passive) If Dracula defeats an enemy, drains 5 AP in the enemy's highest colour and creates a Strike tile of strength 100 in that colour. 

Level 2 - Places a 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 1250 damage and creates a Black strike tile of strength 150.

Level 3 - Drains 6 AP and creates two strike tiles of strength 120 when defeating an enemy. 

Level 4 - Places a 1-turn Countdown tile that deals 1500 damage and creates a Black strike tile of strength 200.

Level 5 - Drains 7 AP and creates two strike tiles of strength 150 when defeating an enemy.

Turn to Mist - 10  AP

Dracula turns into a misty form that is almost impervious to damage. Places a 2-turn Countdown tile that negates damage against Dracula and creates an Attack tile of strength 100 when attacked. 

Level 2 - Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. 

Level 3 - Countdown tile creates an Attack tile of strength 150.

Level 4 - Places a 4-turn Countdown tile that creates two Attack tiles of strength 150 when attacked. 

Level 5 - Countdown tile creates two Attack tiles of strength 200 when attacked.

What's a Man - 7  AP

As the lord of vampires, Dracula fears no mortal enemies. Fortifies all allied friendly tiles. 

(Passive) When a friendly tile is matched, Dracula ferociously attacks the enemy, dealing 200 damage for each friendly tile on the board. 

Level 2 - Dracula also restores 200 health for each tile that bears his icon when a friendly tile is matched. 

Level 3 - Dracula deals 300 damage and restores 300 health. 

Level 4 - Dracula deals 400 damage and restores 400 health. 

Level 5 - Dracula deals 500 damage and restores 500 health.

• NemoAbernnigan
    Options
    Kelvinkhr said:

Vlad Dracula (Lord of Vampires)

5 Star (Epic)

Match Damage: Moderate

Going Batty - 8  AP

Dracula transforms himself into a swarm of vampire bats that tear at the enemy. Places a 3-turn Black Countdown tile that deals 1000 damage and creates a Black Strike tile of strength 100 when it expires. If there are any enemy special tile on the board when the tile expires, a new Countdown tile replaces the tile. 

(Passive) If Dracula defeats an enemy, drains 5 AP in the enemy's highest colour and creates a Strike tile of strength 100 in that colour. 

Level 2 - Places a 2-turn Countdown tile that deals 1250 damage and creates a Black strike tile of strength 150.

Level 3 - Drains 6 AP and creates two strike tiles of strength 120 when defeating an enemy. 

Level 4 - Places a 1-turn Countdown tile that deals 1500 damage and creates a Black strike tile of strength 200.

Level 5 - Drains 7 AP and creates two strike tiles of strength 150 when defeating an enemy.

Turn to Mist - 10  AP

Dracula turns into a misty form that is almost impervious to damage. Places a 2-turn Countdown tile that negates damage against Dracula and creates an Attack tile of strength 100 when attacked. 

Level 2 - Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. 

Level 3 - Countdown tile creates an Attack tile of strength 150.

Level 4 - Places a 4-turn Countdown tile that creates two Attack tiles of strength 150 when attacked. 

Level 5 - Countdown tile creates two Attack tiles of strength 200 when attacked.

What's a Man - 7  AP

As the lord of vampires, Dracula fears no mortal enemies. Fortifies all allied friendly tiles. 

(Passive) When a friendly tile is matched, Dracula ferociously attacks the enemy, dealing 200 damage for each friendly tile on the board. 

Level 2 - Dracula also restores 200 health for each tile that bears his icon when a friendly tile is matched. 

Level 3 - Dracula deals 300 damage and restores 300 health. 

Level 4 - Dracula deals 400 damage and restores 400 health. 

Level 5 - Dracula deals 500 damage and restores 500 health.

Oh man oh man would I love to have this guy on my team. Pair him with Polaris and either BRB or Medusa- actually Superskrull or Carnage or 4* Black Panther or 4* Captain Marvel or Shuri would have good synergy as well, for varying reasons- and he'd be an undeniable asset in the current meta. Honestly the rest of his kit, while cool and solid in it's own right, almost doesn't matter when you see What's a Man. 500 damage per friendly tile whenever a friendly tile is matched? Instantly makes him better than any pairing Polaris currently has, and she's the lynchpin of most meta teams- for those of us not yet in 5* land anyway.

Also I like how we were in the same headspace on this one- we both chose to focus on countdown and other special tiles and emphasize his shapeshifting thematically. 
  • Akoni
    Options
    Oh man oh man would I love to have this guy on my team. Pair him with Polaris and either BRB or Medusa- actually Superskrull or Carnage or 4* Black Panther or 4* Captain Marvel or Shuri would have good synergy as well, for varying reasons- and he'd be an undeniable asset in the current meta. Honestly the rest of his kit, while cool and solid in it's own right, almost doesn't matter when you see What's a Man. 500 damage per friendly tile whenever a friendly tile is matched? Instantly makes him better than any pairing Polaris currently has, and she's the lynchpin of most meta teams- for those of us not yet in 5* land anyway.

Also I like how we were in the same headspace on this one- we both chose to focus on countdown and other special tiles and emphasize his shapeshifting thematically. 
    I have to agree. This design is specifically for the meta. If I saw this moveset hit the LL store, I'd empty out every token and CP I have to get him to 5/3/5 or 4/4/5. His Red is a must at 5 and his Blue would probably make him a contender for Okoye as a tank. I know it's not a passive, but the outcome is good.