Character Creation Challenge: Oya

Options
Akoni
Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
Some are witnessing the birth of spring season, the time of year when it transitions from cold to hot. Let's celebrate with another Character Creation Challenge! This time, we will turn our attention to one of the newer mutants, Idie Okonkwo a.k.a. Oya.

Everyone is encouraged to participate. Just follow 3 rules:

1. Though you must stick to the character in the title, you may choose any variant of that character whether it is a younger, older, alternate version, etc. 

2. Provide the character's rarity, name of each power, color, cost, and description. If you're feeling a bit more expressive, also provide the power differentiation at each level. Include as much or little detail as you desire, but providing more detail paints a better picture. I like to include all of the bells and whistles, but as long as the information is there and understandable, it is fine. As an example, I will begin the challenge with my own design.

3. You may utilize someone else's ideas, but give them credit. There are few unique ideas in the world so the chances that at least 2 people will think of having X character do a "thing" is high. Post your ideas freely. However, if you were inspired by something in another post, include it, but give credit to the inspiration for your idea.

4. This is not a rule, but if you would like to comment, be constructive. Feel free to discuss, however, if you think someone did a horrible job and you believe you could have done better, then submit your own character design.

LET'S BEGIN! 

Want to go back and view or submit to a previous CCC? Check out our past challenges on Star and Vlad Dracula.

Comments

• Akoni
    Options

Oya (Noriko Ashida)

4 Star (Legendary)

Health: Moderate
    Match Damage: Moderate

Pyrokinetic Burst 7  AP
    The girl who doesn't burn turns up the heat on her would be attackers without remorse. Deal 839 damage. If there are more Blue tiles than Red tiles, deal an additional 346 damage and convert 1 non-Blue tile to Red.
    (PASSIVE) Oya takes 10% less damage from Red and Blue matches and powers.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Deal 1119 damage. If... deal 462 more and convert 1. (PASSIVE) 20% less
    • Level 3: Deal 1119 damage. If... deal 462 more and convert 2. (PASSIVE) 30% less 
    • Level 4: Deal 1492 damage. If... deal 616 more and convert 2. (PASSIVE) 40% less 
    • Level 5: Deal 1989 damage. If... deal 821 more and convert 3. (PASSIVE) 50% less 

Cryokinetic Chill 7  AP
    The girl who doesn't freeze uses ice to stop her enemies in their tracks. Stun the target for 1 turn. If there are more Red than Blue tiles, stun the enemy for 1 additional turn and convert 1 non-Red tile to Blue.
    (PASSIVE) Oya cannot be stunned.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 1 more turn and convert 1.
    • Level 3: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 1 more turn and convert 2.
    • Level 4: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 2 more turns and convert 2.
    • Level 5: Stun for 3 turns. If... stun 2 more turns and convert 3.

Thermal Imbalance 8  AP
    Some like it hot. Some like it cold. Oya likes both. Create 1 Red Strike tile with strength 40, plus 13 for each Blue tile. Also, create 1 Blue Protect tile with strength 40, plus 13 for each Red tile.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Strength 54, plus 18 for each...
    • Level 3: Strength 71, plus 24 for each...
    • Level 4: Strength 95, plus 32 for each...
    • Level 5: Strength 127, plus 42 for each...

Developer's Notes:
    • Pyrokinetic Burst and Cryokinetic Chill convert Basic, Attack, Strike, Protect, Countdown, or Repeater tiles to Red or Blue, respectively. If the tile has a color, it can be changed.
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Akoni said:

Oya (Noriko Ashida)

4 Star (Legendary)

Match Damage: Moderate

Pyrokinetic Burst 7  AP
    The girl who doesn't burn turns up the heat on her would be attackers without remorse. Deal 839 damage. If there are more Blue tiles than Red tiles, deal an additional 346 damage and convert 1 non-Blue tile to Red.
    (PASSIVE) Oya takes 10% less damage from Red and Blue matches and powers.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Deal 1119 damage. If... deal 462 more and convert 1. (PASSIVE) 20% less
    • Level 3: Deal 1119 damage. If... deal 462 more and convert 2. (PASSIVE) 30% less 
    • Level 4: Deal 1492 damage. If... deal 616 more and convert 2. (PASSIVE) 40% less 
    • Level 5: Deal 1989 damage. If... deal 821 more and convert 3. (PASSIVE) 50% less 

Cryokinetic Chill 7  AP
    The girl who doesn't freeze uses ice to stop her enemies in their tracks. Stun the target for 1 turn. If there are more Red than Blue tiles, stun the enemy for 1 additional turn and convert 1 non-Red tile to Blue.
    (PASSIVE) Oya cannot be stunned.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 1 more turn and convert 1.
    • Level 3: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 1 more turn and convert 2.
    • Level 4: Stun for 2 turns. If... stun 2 more turns and convert 2.
    • Level 5: Stun for 3 turns. If... stun 2 more turns and convert 3.

Thermal Imbalance 8  AP
    Some like it hot. Some like it cold. Oya likes both. Create 1 Red Strike tile with strength 40, plus 13 for each Blue tile. Also, create 1 Blue Protect tile with strength 40, plus 13 for each Red tile.
    (At level 70)
    • Level 2: Strength 54, plus 18 for each...
    • Level 3: Strength 71, plus 24 for each...
    • Level 4: Strength 95, plus 32 for each...
    • Level 5: Strength 127, plus 42 for each...

Developer's Notes:
    • Pyrokinetic Burst and Cryokinetic Chill convert Basic, Attack, Strike, Protect, Countdown, or Repeater tiles to Red or Blue, respectively. If the tile has a color, it can be changed.

I think this is a very impressive move set, especially how it is themed around two colours of tiles, which might make it easier to focus. Her powers are also well synergised and I can see them being very useful with someone like M.O.D.O.K., 3* Captain Marvel, 4* Iceman, Bishop etc

Pyrokinetic Burst and Cryokinetic Chill just fit in so well with one another, I especially love how they work off ach others colour and boost their own on the board. 

Thermal Imbalance would create some powerful tiles with the right team, in my opinion. Someone who can convert tiles to Blue or Red, for example.

All in all, I think I will really enjoy using a character like this. Probably I will run at 4/4/5 or so. Great work!
  • Kelvinkhr
    Kelvinkhr Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options

Oya (Thermodynamic Mutant)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)

Match Damage: Low

Wouldn’t Burn - 8  AP

Oya raises the temperature of colder areas, creating fire. Creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile that creates two Strength 60 Attack tiles every round. If there is a Blue Wouldn’t Freeze Countdown tile on the board, create two strength 120 tiles instead.

Level 2 - Countdown tile creates Strength 70 tiles or strength 140 tiles.

Level 3 - Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile that creates Strength 75 tiles or strength 150 tiles.

Level 4 - Countdown tile creates Strength 90 tiles or strength 180 tiles.

Level 5 - Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile that creates Strength 95 tiles or strength 190 tiles.

Wouldn’t Freeze - 8  AP

Oya lowers the temperature of hotter areas, creating ice. Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile that freezes the enemy for one round it is on the board. If there is a Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board, also deals 900 damage to the target.

Level 2 - Countdown tile stuns enemy for 2 rounds. Deals 400 damage if no Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board and 1200 damage if a Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board. 

Level 3 - Creates a 4-turn Countdown tile.

Level 4 - Countdown tile stuns enemy for 3 rounds. Deals 800 damage if no Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board and 1500 damage if a Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board.

Level 5 - Creates a 5-turn Countdown tile that stuns enemy for 3 rounds. Deals 1200 damage if no Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board and 1900 damage if a Red Wouldn't Burn Countdown tile on the board.

Laws of Thermodynamics - 9  AP

Oya manipulates the laws of thermodynamics to her advantage. Converts 4 random tiles into Red or Blue tiles, targeting Team-Up tiles first. Then, depending on which colour is most present on the board, fires Wouldn’t Burn or Wouldn’t Freeze at no cost. 

Level 2 - Converts 6 random tiles. 

Level 3 - (PASSIVE) Oya’s match damage deals 15% increased match damage for each Red tile on the board and gains a burst of 500 health when making a Blue match. 

Level 4 - Converts 7 random tiles. (PASSIVE) Oya’s match damage deals 20% increased match damage for each Red tile on the board and gains a burst of 750 health when making a Blue match. 

Level 5 - Converts 8 random tiles. (PASSIVE) Oya’s match damage deals 25% increased match damage for each Red tile on the board and gains a burst of 900 health when making a Blue match.

• Akoni
    Options
    @Kelvinkhr Thank you. As for yours, I really like how Wouldn't Burn progresses with each level. You also did a good job playing her Red and Blue off of each other. 

Then I got to her last power: Laws of Thermodynamics. Using this one to provide a second opportunity to fire one of her first two powers is a nice touch as it puts all of the player's focus on the first two powers. In addition, it applies another layer of benefits using the same Red and Blue tiles. As much as I like her last power, I would run a build of 5/5/3 for this one.

I enjoyed this one. Good work.