New UI Update: Gameboard

1252627282931»

Comments

• Cannibalqueen
    Cannibalqueen Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Yeah my experience has been same.  The recent change, at least for me, has made the game entirely playable again.  

All my other complaints about clutter and board readability, while I think still valid, are things I can imagine getting used to.  Since now without the game being an active enemy to my eyes and head, I can sink in the time to relearn those muscle memories.  

I know some people are still getting headaches, but since even this minor change to dimming or whatever it is exactly has had such an effect for me, I think maybe one more tweak away from putting a bow on it. 

• merb713
    merb713 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    abmoraz said:
    The new changes are a vast improvement.
    1. They tiles are still a bit hard for me to see normally, but the new shades work much better when combined with colorblind-mode on my phone. 

That looks like it might help with my issues as well (astigmatism). Does your colorblind mode have different options, and if so which one did you use?
    Thanks!

• abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    merb713 said:
    abmoraz said:
    The new changes are a vast improvement.
    1. They tiles are still a bit hard for me to see normally, but the new shades work much better when combined with colorblind-mode on my phone. 

That looks like it might help with my issues as well (astigmatism). Does your colorblind mode have different options, and if so which one did you use?
    Thanks!

Yeah, I have the 3 pre-programmed ones (for each of the major types of colorblindness) as well as a customizable option where you can set them yourself.  I use the Deuteranomaly option because I have Deuteranopia. 
    I have an LG G6 running Android 8.0.0. YMMV
  • Low44
    Low44 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Just wanted to say, that I'm grateful for this (imo) useless update. I just deleted the game and now got more then one hour new free time daily, to make something I want and the way I want it. No more "playing" a game, whose dev's never really cared about their players. Thank you!
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Just here to add to the many who just want the dimming to STOP not reduce but STOP.. I really am trying to find who this actually helps and what was the purpose.. I haven’t once read “ hey D3 is there any way you can make the opponents side darker, when they play it irritates me to see their moves”

please just put it back for the Love of MPQ

PUT. IT. BACK.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2021
    Just here to add to the many who just want the dimming to STOP not reduce but STOP.. I really am trying to find who this actually helps and what was the purpose.. I haven’t once read “ hey D3 is there any way you can make the opponents side darker, when they play it irritates me to see their moves”

PUT. IT. BACK.
    Put what back? It's always dimmed on the AI turn even on the original board. Just because you never noticed (it dimmed the background, not the gems as it does now) doesn't mean it wasn't dimming.
    If you want them to go back to dimming just the background, they'd have to change the background from Black to a lighter Black (or Grey) so that they could then darken that background.
    The current change to the dimming is night and day better than it was to my eyes so that I hardly notice it at all now after playing for a week plus on it. My biggest complaint is that the flashing is still too bright (esp as a Polaris user) to my eyes due to the black vs blue background and the Red/Purple is too close in color.
    KGB
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:

PUT. IT. BACK.
    Put what back? It's always dimmed on the AI turn even on the original board. Just because you never noticed (it dimmed the background, not the gems as it does now) doesn't mean it wasn't dimming.
    If you want them to go back to dimming just the background, they'd have to change the background from Black to a lighter Black (or Grey) so that they could then darken that background.
    The current change to the dimming is night and day better than it was to my eyes so that I hardly notice it at all now after playing for a week plus on it. My biggest complaint is that the flashing is still too bright (esp as a Polaris user) to my eyes due to the black vs blue background and the Red/Purple is too close in color.
    KGB
    The old board did have dimming but it was well done and not very noticeable by anyone.

The new dimming and the second version of it is way too annoying for a lot of people, it is not good for anyone's eyes in fact, even if you don't really notice a problem yourself. Looking at a screen that changes brightness every 10 seconds is not a good idea, it will give you unnecessary eyestrain.

I have played video games for a long time, I have never encountered anything of the sort. It is simply terrible and harmful.
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    sinnerjfl said:
    KGB said:

PUT. IT. BACK.
    KGB
    The old board did have dimming but it was well done and not very noticeable by anyone.

The new dimming and the second version of it is way too annoying for a lot of people, it is not good for anyone's eyes in fact, even if you don't really notice a problem yourself. Looking at a screen that changes brightness every 10 seconds is not a good idea, it will give you unnecessary eyestrain.

I have played video games for a long time, I have never encountered anything of the sort. It is simply terrible and harmful.
    I don't remember the old board dimming. I distinctly remember that it changed color. I'm pretty sure I played an entire match closely watching the enemy's turn to see what color the background was. On my turn it was blue and on the enemy's turn it was a very dark blue... almost black. I could be misremembering, but I'm sure the background changed colors while the tiles remained unchanged.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is pretty easy to find videos of the old board
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/918441/#Comment_918441
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    @Bad thanks. You just made me realize that I forgot to take into account the different platforms. The change in screen color I referred to earlier was on iPhone and iPad. 

@sinnerjfl it's very possible that there was dimming on other devices. I don't know why devs would do that, but it's possible.