New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They got tired of us solving all their puzzles so they made them harder to see, brilliant!
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Please, for the love of Thanos, make the screen dimming on the enemy turn stop!  The constant bright/dim switching is giving me eye strain and making the game physically uncomfortable to play. Giving us the option to turn it off or even just letting us be able to choose between the old and new layout would be an improvement.
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just updated and...well, maybe my expectations were lowered by everyone else’s responses, but I didn’t mind it? I only played through DDQ, but I had no issues, really. The screen dimming was a bit much, perhaps, and possibly the the power bars could be bigger, but really, they seem like minor adjustments. If I could criticise anything, it’s the absolutely enormous size of the tiles. It felt like I was playing My First Match 3 Game. But that’s just aesthetics.

Changing a games UI 7 years in was always going to provoke a negative reaction. I mean, if this is causing people actual pain to play, that should be a priority fix, but I hope they’re going to move forward with this, not backwards.
  • Star1980
    Star1980 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hate the new update, done it with one swction story mode left, didnt even bother playing it as dislike the update so much after battling dor days for placement!! Revert to old board or after years and hundreds of pounds i will have to finally uninstall the game!!! 
  • Korvac
    Korvac Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If nothing else, could you make the green more green? Generally all of the colors could stand to be more vibrant. I'm spending a lot of time staring at the game trying to remember (or just figure out) what color I'm collecting for my characters.
  • Uber_mpq
    Uber_mpq Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah it’s not just the dimming that is causing eye strain, but there’s a flash of light when matches are made, even after a few matches I felt my eyes starting to strain.  It’s harder to differentiate the tiles as well.

first thought was “what the hell”, second thought was “hell no”.

I appreciate the efforts to improve the game, but this update update is contrary to improvement imo.

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After a day of playing I’m going to add some more thoughts:

Everything looks like a special tile, so nothing looks like a special tile. 

As others have said, muted colors aren’t good. Big and bright work in my opinion.

I don’t mind/like the physics. Bouncing tiles I can play with.

hard to see when AP bar fills up. Looks better when it’s the dark screen, but when it’s player turn it looks mixed with passive powers. 
    If you are doing UI interface changes, bring back the SUPER OVER THE TOP WIN banner and the auto-win banner that appears early after played make a match and get a cascade that kills 3 goons. 
  • BubbaGump
    BubbaGump Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How the )*&$$) did this even get approved?  People need to lose their jobs due to this update. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Probably everything I have to say has been said well above, but I, too, need to speak out.

I appreciate the efforts at improving the game, but this change is so bad that it needs to simply be negated, wholesale. I simply can't see the board very well now, and I definitely am struggling to differentiate between colors. Like many other too-small things in the game, countdowns are barely visible to me and I cannot read their number. Charged tiles are almost impossible to pick out, and then only by looking tile-by-tile.

And the flash while the enemy moves -- this is downright dangerous. It is inconceivable to me that this would be implemented. It seems that an accessibility professional wasn't consulted at all, which is utterly baffling in 2021.

This is not an issue that can wait. It should be rolled back at once and then you can study the matter further. This is not a game (any more) for many of us.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man this is such a pain in the Talos to play now. The only UI update for the gameboard that was really needed was to know which wave round you're currently in.