New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Can we please get an option to use the old Ui? I feel like this new Ui could have used more time in beta and user feedback before going live.

Mimicking most other people's opinions, the board darkening on the enemy turn is giving me headaches/migraines. 

I have played many rounds with the new tile change trying to get used to it, but I feel like I'm still straining my eyes and not catching moves I should be making as clearly as before.

After playing TONS of puzzles games with different looking tiles over the years I thought it would be no problem, but something is way too busy with MPQ's new UI.

Hopefully the devs can find a solution to make everyone happy!

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hated it, hated it, hated it. It's darker, less clean, it made it more difficult to tell apart symbols (like 5*Colossus' phoenix and Onslaught's mask, Beta Ray Bill's hammer from a Strike tile), enemy special tiles became almost invisible in darker tiles like blue and black as well as friendly tiles on yellow tiles. It also made it more difficult to see when mine or the enemy's AP bar is full and to tell passive's from active bars.

I play the game on an Android phone, BTW. 6.4" screen
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Another one here that disliked this change... everything is just too dark and less bright, so contrast is lost, wich makes many trivial actions, like looking for matchs, much more difficult.

The new blue/purple powers bar is another area that lost a lot of its contrast too. The gray/silver old one was much better since you could distinguish each color very well.

I liked the bigger area for the characters and the thin health bars, but apart from that, as others have pointed, I would like to have the option to at least use the old UI, so please, review this update carefull.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:
     I did a mock-up in **** (Photoshop for Linux)
    TIL: The open-source alternative to Photoshop is a banned word in this forum...

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After doing my pve clears for today on my tablet instead of my phone, I hate the colour changes less than on my phone, but the character icons are still overly prominent and the screen dimming is horrendous, but overall it does seem to work a bit better on tablet than phone.
  • abmoraz
    Options
    TML said:
    Colorblind player chiming in and echoing the opinion of other users, the game is borderline unplayable for me.  Green looks like black, blue looks like purple.  Cannot tell what powers I'm firing.  It's going to take forever to do a battle, the shapes aren't as obvious at first glance.  Just about all bad.

Fellow Colorblind person here.  The old layout had similar issue to me, but the "Color Correction" mode on my android devices made it much better.  The new color scheme is less affected by the correction.  It takes forever to play a match now :(
  • Jacknife
    Jacknife Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Actually there is a simple solutiıon for 2 sides developer and players. Put a box as Phisycs box on options section. Someone like new update click box on the other hand ppl dont like wont click and play with old style.
    Result is eveyone is happy. To impose new update to people is musnt be a option.
  • nikkoekinox
    nikkoekinox Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hello everyone, looong time without posting, but :smiley:
    The new interface is not very good : I praise the change, because it keep the game fresh, but the contrast between colors, and the dimming on the enemy turn NEEDS to be ajusted : it's an atrocity
    Torture for my old eyes...

Or let the players decide : In the option can you have an "Old interface" Checkmark?

I quite like Btw the blobbing effect of the falling tiles.

Please, listen to the outcry, it's a nice first step, waiting for improvements 

• abmoraz
    Options
    Games are not exempt from significant visual changes under the American Disabilities Act.    https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/4513/3833

And whoever deleted my post about this, it's against the law for censoring me for pointing out a law.  Especially when it has to do something about pointing out marginalization against those with disabilities.

1. give them reasonable time to address the issue(s).  Threatening legal action isn't a great look.
    2. It's not illegal.  The forums have no requirement to give you a voice at all.  They're a private entity that can regulate it's content as they see fit.  It's only questionable if they are the government (or directly government funded).
    3. to whichever mods deleted his post.  Look up "Steisand effect".  What was lost in the entire wash of this argument is now a talking point.  Good Job (/s)
    /I am a colorblind person that is directly affected by this act, but come on...  Give them a chance.
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2021
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    Games are not exempt from significant visual changes under the American Disabilities Act.    https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/4513/3833

And whoever deleted my post about this, it's against the law for censoring me for pointing out a law.  Especially when it has to do something about pointing out marginalization against those with disabilities.

1. give them reasonable time to address the issue(s).  Threatening legal action isn't a great look.
    2. It's not illegal.  The forums have no requirement to give you a voice at all.  They're a private entity that can regulate it's content as they see fit.  It's only questionable if they are the government (or directly government funded).
    3. to whichever mods deleted his post.  Look up "Steisand effect".  What was lost in the entire wash of this argument is now a talking point.  Good Job (/s)
    /I am a colorblind person that is directly affected by this act, but come on...  Give them a chance.

Private entities are not exempt.  Please read the link and look into the law.  Also, i never threatened anyone.  Read my post.