New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Games are not exempt from significant visual changes under the American Disabilities Act.    https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/4513/3833

And whoever deleted my post about this, it's against the law for censoring me for pointing out a law.  Especially when it has to do something about pointing out marginalization against those with disabilities.
    Did you get a message from anybody about it?   They normally do send a message if they remove a post....I know all too well.   
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 307 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Games are not exempt from significant visual changes under the American Disabilities Act.    https://dsq-sds.org/article/view/4513/3833

And whoever deleted my post about this, it's against the law for censoring me for pointing out a law.  Especially when it has to do something about pointing out marginalization against those with disabilities.
    Did you get a message from anybody about it?   They normally do send a message if they remove a post....I know all too well.   
    zero messages, only deletion.   
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:

Private entities are not exempt.  Please read the link and look into the law.  Also, i never threatened anyone.  Read my post.   

From complying with the act?  No... they are not exempt.  I didn't say that.  I said they don't have to give you a forum to discuss it.
    As for the threatening, you are correct.  I just read into it that way.  Pointing out a potential law violation "feels" like a threat, even if that wasn't your intention.

/looks like we both were reading what we wanted into the others' post
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Long time player, sometime poster, not one to complain...

But yeah...the darkening on AI turn is annoying and playing the game in low light (like it bed) makes everything really seem dark.

Not a fan of charged tiles either. On old UI they were bigger than other tiles, now they are the same size and don't stick out as much. I don't mind the bigger tiles, but as everyone else has said, everything sort of runs together and its hard to distinguish what is what. 
  • palenoue
    palenoue Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options

I like everything about this upgrade except the darkness. Playing the game now is like watching a Nolan DC movie, wishing someone would turn on a light.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are we supposed to still be upset about okoye everywhere?

😝
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I don't think anyone deleted your post because your post with the same content is here, unless you are referring to another of your post with a different content.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/950153/#Comment_950153

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/950166/#Comment_950166

Both are under the same user with the same content.

On a side note, the dev will probably reply this Friday or next Monday about the feedbacks.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    needs some getting used to, but it's... ok, i guess? 

I think it's really weird... the board was ok before, that manhours couldn't have gone to creating some content, like new events? 
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Biggest issues with the new UI for me are:
    • the darkening on the opponent's turn (makes me think my phone is going to sleep)
    • I can't tell when a yellow power is charged (the pulsing isn't visible)
    • enemy special tiles are hard to distinguish (but friendly ones are much clearer)

I feel like I'll be able to get used to everything else
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow.  I thought for sure that there would be a response by now.  I know I am hardly alone in my awareness of how bad they are at responding to our backlash, but i am still always surprised when it happens (spoiler alert, it has happened numerous times throughout the years and will continue to do so).

The fact that we are 10 pages in and have heard hardly a peep is pretty depressing.   Glanced at Reddit and Facebook, and plenty of people bring all of this up over there as well, and just as silent.  

I like to think they have a coin they flip to see if they should respond to stuff.  Tails, they come to the forum; heads, they say and do nothing hoping it will pass.  Except someone switched it out with a two headed coin years ago...
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It feels like someone's 15 year old kid that's into goth and loves jelly candy got their hands on the design tools.
  • Tanglefoot
    Tanglefoot Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The update is awful. It is harder to see which of you powers are charged and ready to fire. Now I have to check my AP for every color every turn. Especially if a character has more than 1 power ready - this is invisible under the new UI.

the DARK mode is also awful. I want to see the screen, please.
  • Hellrey
    Hellrey Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think the changes made did not benefit the game. Visually the tiles do not look good both in color, size and spacing.
    I can't find a justification for darkening the screen while the opponent is playing and it's annoying to plan the next moves.
    The game seems slower and this is an important point that affects the gameplay and experience of beginners and veteran users.
    The focus should be on other visual elements, better character designs, backgrounds, effects, transitions.
    Better story and events planning.

• Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just here to add to the darkening of for screen during the AI turn.. please give us tbr option to turn that off.. not sure what was the thought process on why this was necessary or wanted? Either plz plz plz give us the option to turn this off.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Overall I like the changes with the exception of two things:

1: the dimming effect is distracting 

2: AP bars are much harder to see,  especially when they are nearly filled.