New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the change.  I think it looks cleaner, overall better and I've had zero problems telling which tiles are which.  I bet after a few days everyone will get used to it, and forget there even was an old game board.

Or, y'know, all of you who keep threatening to quit the game can actually quit for real this time?  Please?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    for those wondering, here's what the gameboard looks like to colorblind people (simulated for all 3 major types):

Wow. Is there a way to post an original one so we can see the difference?  
  • Wiccan616
    Wiccan616 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have to agree with the majority here that this update is not good for me. It hurts my eyes and it makes me dizzy after a while with all the dimming and flashing. Hopefully you can change the colors and make them brighter, and remove the constant dimming.

I also don't think it was necessary to change the hit points the other way around.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    for those wondering, here's what the gameboard looks like to colorblind people (simulated for all 3 major types):

Also, I think there's some compression or color-correction going on when I uploaded it.  The image here (and on imgur) doesn't appear as washed out as the one on my phone.  You can take a picture yourself.  Install the android app "CVSimulator".  It uses your phone camera and lets you pick which types of colorblindness to simulate.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    abmoraz said:

Also, I think there's some compression or color-correction going on when I uploaded it.  The image here (and on imgur) doesn't appear as washed out as the one on my phone.  You can take a picture yourself.  Install the android app "CVSimulator".  It uses your phone camera and lets you pick which types of colorblindness to simulate.
    Understood. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:

OMG! You weren't kidding. That's unplayable.
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm probably in the minority here but I'd just like to say that I'm not a fan of the new look and feel that came with the latest update.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    abmoraz said:

Understood. Thanks for sharing. 

I just realized that you said "Post the original one" you meant "the UI before the change with the same colorblind filter".  I'm a little slow on the uptake today.  Unfortunately, I can't.  I don't have access to a device that hasn't updated... so it's gone.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2021
    Options
    abmoraz said:

For reference, any way to show us how the old board looked in comparison? 

Edit: oops just saw your response above. Thought it would be hard without access to old ui
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. How does other game developers accomodate to those three types of colourblindness? Is there some ISO standard for choices of colours or shades?