New UI Update: Gameboard

Options

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    been trying to play for about a few hours since the change 

The most annoying thing for me apart from the dark screen on the AI’s turn is that it’s very difficult to know when you have a power ready , yellow doesn’t seem to flash at all 

nice attempt at improving the game but sadly it just doesn’t work for so many reasons 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,944 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If a video game you like to play is causing you physical pain/health issues...there are literally thousands of video games to play that are just as fun as this one that won't cause those problems for you. 

If a large number of people stop playing the game completely as a result of this change, it will be reverted or altered.  If you continue to play despite changes that cause you physical pain, all they will see is that player engagement is steady.  Vote with your feet.

This forum represents a tiny, tiny portion of the playerbase and is historically well-known for violently overreacting to minor changes, so feedback from here is going to be taken with a giant grain of salt.
    But I play not with my feet but my hands.

Grain of salt? Gambit nerf, bishop nerf, pve tapping, maybe time slices a little. That's just what I remember without thinking about what the forum has been involved in changing. Anyone else remember some?

You honestly think this complete aesthetic change to the game board that we interact with 100% of the time when playing is a "minor" change? C'mon man!

Full disclosure - I did post that this change doesn't bother me and I'd be able to get used to it.
    I didn't say this was a minor change. 

If it's causing you serious problems, the way to get that point across is to stop playing until it's fixed.  Posting feedback here may carry some weight but ultimately, continuing to engage with the game will outweigh any negative feedback here.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,944 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    If a video game you like to play is causing you physical pain/health issues...there are literally thousands of video games to play that are just as fun as this one that won't cause those problems for you. 

If a large number of people stop playing the game completely as a result of this change, it will be reverted or altered.  If you continue to play despite changes that cause you physical pain, all they will see is that player engagement is steady.  Vote with your feet.

This forum represents a tiny, tiny portion of the playerbase and is historically well-known for violently overreacting to minor changes, so feedback from here is going to be taken with a giant grain of salt.

Grain of salt? Gambit nerf, bishop nerf, pve tapping, maybe time slices a little. That's just what I remember without thinking about what the forum has been involved in changing. Anyone else remember some?

You honestly think this complete aesthetic change to the game board that we interact with 100% of the time when playing is a "minor" change? C'mon man!

Full disclosure - I did post that this change doesn't bother me and I'd be able to get used to it.

If it's causing you serious problems, the way to get that point across is to stop playing until it's fixed.  Posting feedback here may carry some weight but ultimately, continuing to engage with the game will outweigh any negative feedback here. incorrect — and it’s counterproductive advice. 
    Your comments in this vein are incorrect. You’ve been a member here long enough to know that if you’ve been even minimally active in keeping up since 2014. 
    1. Why would they bother to sponsor a forum if there is no intention to monitor the valuable, free feedback volunteered here? 
    2. While perhaps non-optimal in frequency, there are numerous well-known examples of developers responding to our feedback here. 
    3. This thread is being actively monitored and moderated. Attention is obviously on it. 
    4. It seems unlikely that encouraging quitting is your motivation, but it comes off that way. Why discourage player feedback in favor of quitting? Seems like a slow route to better placement for you, but your advice is illogical otherwise. 
    Anyway, find another thread to promote your theories on productive player feedback. This thread is too important to sabotage. 
    I wasn't talking about players who merely dislike the update.  For some players the change is apparently causing serious health consequences, including migraines and/or seizures. 

I don't think it's counterproductive to say that those players should stop playing unless/until it's changed.
  • welbot
    welbot Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Second day playing on the new board now, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks things are slower. The matching and tiles falling perhaps don't seem slower, but the actual animation of tiles getting highlighted/blown up/fortified etc, especially when the enemy puts like a timer on a tile and such.. seems to be painfully slow, and possibly other aspects I just can't pinpoint. I could probably live with the colour change if I absolutely had no other choice, but things need to be sped up significantly.  It just feels so terribly sluggish now. :( All teh sads..
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:

If it's causing you serious problems, the way to get that point across is to stop playing until it's fixed.  Posting feedback here may carry some weight but ultimately, continuing to engage with the game will outweigh any negative feedback here. incorrect — and it’s counterproductive advice. 
    Your comments in this vein are incorrect. You’ve been a member here long enough to know that if you’ve been even minimally active in keeping up since 2014. 
    1. Why would they bother to sponsor a forum if there is no intention to monitor the valuable, free feedback volunteered here? 
    2. While perhaps non-optimal in frequency, there are numerous well-known examples of developers responding to our feedback here. 
    3. This thread is being actively monitored and moderated. Attention is obviously on it. 
    4. It seems unlikely that encouraging quitting is your motivation, but it comes off that way. Why discourage player feedback in favor of quitting? Seems like a slow route to better placement for you, but your advice is illogical otherwise. 
    Anyway, find another thread to promote your theories on productive player feedback. This thread is too important to sabotage. 
    I wasn't talking about players who merely dislike the update.  For some players the change is apparently causing serious health consequences, including migraines and/or seizures. 

I don't think it's counterproductive to say that those players should stop playing unless/until it's changed.

It might have been even more prudent for the Devs to post some sort of warning about the dimming/brightening possibly triggering seizures or migraines before it went live (esecially forced update live). When I turn on my PS4 I get that warning before I even sign in. If there are going to be flashing/strobing lights on the news, they tell you beforehand. The fact that there wasn't suggests that possibly somebody dropped the ball on running these changes through those types of scenario's. For something that relies 100% on visual interaction that seems like a large error but hopefully they can fix things so that everybody is happy.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Yepyep said:

I went back to Facebook and scrolled a bit more - it took 43 comments for somebody to say they liked the change. I then scrolled a further 57 comments and found 3 more positive comments. So from 100 comments, there are 4 positives ones in that sample. I mean I guess they could all be disgruntled Forumites but that seems a bit unlikely.
    I noticed this in their FB post about the new UI as well.  Many, many comments mentioning the same issues being reported in this thread.  

Also decided to look at Google Play reviews for the game and while the game still has a pretty high score, a number of recent reviews are mentioning the same issues with the UI and while there were certainly a number of 1-star ratings, a number of users have stated they are having issues with it but haven't lowered their review score yet because they're hopeful a fix is coming sooner than later.  So it's definitely not just here on this forum where people are having issues.
  • MalteseFalcn
    MalteseFalcn Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I hate the new board. My alliance full of veteran players hates it.  We can't be the only ones.  Hopefully the dev's actually take note of this.  It's harder to distinguish colors, slows down play time, annoying dimming on opponent turn even further reduces visibility.  FAIL.   Give us option of 'classic' gameboard.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    It is a shame but the whole game now feels slightly depressing, like we were playing it previously in a bright garden on a summer day and now we got locked in the basement with Morrissey and Robert Smith.
    Robert Smith is fine. Morrissey though...

At least it isn't Piers Morgan.

It appears that Piers Morgan might be an MPQ player...