Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Options

Comments

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Headed to the realms of fancy here but... can you fortify the swarm tiles before CtS so that they remain on the board? I'm not sure it helps particularly but it might allow you to fire it twice in a row with 24AP.
    Soooooo... combined with @KGB's thoughts....

Shuri sounds like a good partner.  Reduced cost AND fortification -- check!

If you got any Heimdall, that can do more of the same!  Sounds like fun times .... well, if trying to maximize CtW is your thing.  ;)
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AXP_isme said:
    Headed to the realms of fancy here but... can you fortify the swarm tiles before CtS so that they remain on the board? I'm not sure it helps particularly but it might allow you to fire it twice in a row with 24AP.

You cannot fortify Swarm tile and fortied CD leaves unfortified Swarm tile (as its not the same tile). Blue power create CD on different colors but swarm tile is blue from it. I just tested it and mine's Shuri red did not fortified my Swarm tile.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I went through the last HoD wave With BRB/Rescue/Wa5p. I got hit with powers a bunch of powers on the 2nd wave (loki/Magneto/sentry) but it’s really easy because you have a bunch of shields on the field to mitigate it and on your turn, Rescue heals you pretty well. This team works. However there are pluses and minuses.

+ easy to get shields out, which means it’s easy for rescue to heal Wa5p, which means you’ll have 4 Wa5p tiles out all day. 
    + you’ll become extremely hard to kill. You’ll have to take a bunch of powers in one turn + cascades for someone to die
    + Wa5p will be tanking blue/yellow/black once the wasp tiles are out. So she’ll be constantly healing and you’ll only have to focus on getting to 10 in blue/yellow/black

- your health will be full a lot which will de-power Wa5p’s black. 
    - the other 2 character’s blue and yellow powers are so much better than hers
    - CotS is just weak. I get the power off, and I feel like nothing happened. 

I ultimately feel like Wa5p is just along for the ride and adds nothing to a great duo. 
  • Mr_F
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Day 26 Summary.
    Discovery: Swarm tiles CANNOT be fortified. :(
    Surprise: none
    Note for future: none

CURRENT STATUS
    Wasp's progress:

Level 285
    Build: 1/1/0
    Shards: 297

Ant Man's Progress:
    Level: 275
    Shards: 76

Squirell Girl's Progress:
    Level: max/40, 7 covers
    Shards: 105

Call The Swarm Progress:
    Swarms Called today: 0
    Total Swarms Called: 6.
    Max Swarm tiles on board: 7.

Challenges Progress:
    Done:
    Call the Swarm used with one Cover
    Call the Swarm used with two Covers
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with two covers
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with two covers in non wave node.

In progress:
    Get 12 Swarm Tiles (max possible)

Abandoned:
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover in non wave node. (closest with this two was 4 swarms and 11 blue AP with 1/0/0 build).

Additional notifications
    Presence in offers: 5 in shards store.

Propably nothing will change in few days - its new release so I have no place to test outside the DDQ. I posted today only due too the discovery of fortification.

Stay tuned!
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Day 33 Summary.
    Discovery: none

CURRENT STATUS
    Wasp's progress:

Level 285
    Shards: 363

Ant Man's Progress:
    Level: 276
    Shards: 224

Level: max/167
    Shards: 44

Call The Swarm Progress:
    Total Swarms Called: 6.

Challenges Progress:
    Done:

In progress:

Abandoned:
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with one cover in non wave node. (closest with this two was 4 swarms and 11 blue AP with 1/0/0 build).

Additional notifications
    Presence in offers: 5 in shards store.

I champed Squirrel Girl Today. I mean, I had 13 covers yesterday but got the ISO today. So basically It takes ~2 weeks to champion 3*. Let see how it goeas with maxing out...
    Sadly not a much time to do any testing or challenges. That is why recently was less uodates.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    All those new release days and I forgot how enjoyable 5* wasp is for me! Back to business.
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Day 40 Summary.

CURRENT STATUS
    Wasp's progress:

Level 285
    Shards: 411

Ant Man's Progress:
    Level: 277
    Shards: 232

Level: max/173
    Shards: 108

Call The Swarm Progress:
    Total Swarms Called: 7.

Challenges Progress:
    Done:

In progress:

Abandoned:

Additional notifications
    Presence in offers: 7 in shards store.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I must say, I admire your dedication to your chosen cause. Perhaps we can engage you in helping to end world hunger?
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Perspective for apcoming days are crazy.
    Not only I have to chase Red Guardian but I have to place resonable high in his PVP as the rewards are Ant Man shards. IF I will finish top 100, then its 200 shards for me... plus 625 from next event and a cover (again if I will get 50 wins/1000 pts). Thats 3 covers. Which means no mater what I will hit him 280 in next few days As he is 54 shards from next cover. That equals to Blue cover for Wasp. And I am 71 (~2 weeks) shards away from another cover. Busy days coming!
    I just hope I will hit finally some bonus shards of her...

The bad part: "Ant Man" PVP would be off season. I dont like off season PVPs...
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    helix72 said:
    I must say, I admire your dedication to your chosen cause. Perhaps we can engage you in helping to end world hunger?

Dude, world would be a better place if somebody sometime would listen to what I keep saying. Although I learned that convincing ANY idiot that (s)he is THE idiot takes years so...
    The problems lies in not only in difference in knowledge/education level but also with inteligence difference. I mean, I could talk on philosophical topics or with somenone who just know some interesting stuff for hours but all my potential interlocutors thinks I just gibberish unimportant stuff so they shut off their ears whenever I talk to them on some important matter.
    My last, biggest discussion was like this:
    Step 1. Me: Your argument is invalid cause its logical value is 0 because what you said its sophism called "argumentum at (put the name here)*"
    Step 2. My intelocutor: But... XYZ
    Step 3. Repetead Steps 1-2 till intelocutor with anger ends discussion because I just gibberish and am wrong.

*Example:
    argumentum ad numeram (the more people thinks its the more likely it is true i.e. lets eat poo, bilions of flies can not be wrong.
    argumentum ad personam (something is not true because it was said that a person X) i.e. 2+2 can not equal 4 because Mr. F. Said it and he is an idiot and therefore can not be right.
    argumentum ad ignoratiam (something is not true because nobody has proven opposite) i.e God does/does not exist because nobody has proven he doesnt/does.
    etc.
  • Mr_F
    Options
    Day 43 Summary.
    Surprise: WOAH! See the screenshoot!
    CURRENT STATUS
    Wasp's progress:
    Level 300
    Build: 2/1/0
    Shards: 453
    Ant Man's Progress:
    Level: 281
    Shards: 232
    Level: max/173
    Shards: 108
    Call The Swarm Progress:
    Total Swarms Called: 7.
    Challenges Progress:
    Done:
    In progress:
    Call the Swarm used with three Covers
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with three covers
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with three covers in non wave node.
    Abandoned:
    Additional notifications

Good day. Not only Ant Man PVP is easy with Juggs/Thor or Valkyrie/Quake (I just shred alll the Grockenauts and most of the Polaris teams) and I just did 40 Wins/800+ pts so far in one day(!) but got lucky with the shards too!

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Honestly, as long as you fully know the consequences (5* Wasp as your first 5* not being great for pvp) which you do, I say more power to you. Using characters you *want* to use and finding teams for them is one of the main things that makes the game great, after all.
    I sorta did a similar thing in chasing a 5* I wanted to chase regardless of meta. I chased 5* Loki. Which was before shards, purely out of draws while he was in Latest as an early 4* player with no hoard and no hope to get him covered. Did it anyway, threw every cp into LLs I could get a hold of, etc. But RNG was really kind to me and surprisingly actually played along with my chase by giving me more Loki covers than any other 5* it ever gave me. He's 5/2/4 right now, which is almost twice as many covers as any other 5* I have, haha. And with an ideal spec, at that.
    Although I wasn't as brave as you (didn't level him, he's still lvl 255 as all my 5*s are), him being at purple@5 makes him still surprisingly useable to take him along in battles for fun despite that. I wished I wasn't so iso-starved, I should really start leveling him along my highest level 4*s.
    Anyway, I wish you all the luck! And I'm really impressed that you got people to start thinking about/suggesting teams for Wasp, that's always great to see!
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Your commitment to using Wa5p (and Loki) are admirable....make the best of it now as they are not very usable at higher levels. I have both champed and they are at the higher end of my roster due to chasing Okoye. My experience with Wasp is that her main (only) weapon is solid match damage as all her other powers are so convoluted/ slow that by trying to activate them you’re leaving yourself open to attack.

All that said, I use her every day, but only with Gauntlets to use with Thano5 for yellow/blue in PvE easy nodes.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rod5 said:

All that said, I use her every day, but only with Gauntlets to use with Thano5 for yellow/blue in PvE easy nodes.
    She's on my "Early PvE" saved team, with Thano5 and OML. One or two matches, and Court Death takes over.
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Day 50 Summary.
    Surprise: WOAH! It took 50 days to get 500 shards!
    CURRENT STATUS
    Wasp's progress:
    Level 315
    Build: 2/1/1
    Shards: 4
    Ant Man's Progress:
    Level: 284
    Shards: 338
    Level: max/183
    Shards: 145
    Call The Swarm Progress:
    Swarms Called today: 4
    Total Swarms Called: 11
    Challenges Progress:
    Done:
    In progress:
    Abandoned:
    Call the Swarm used with X Covers (I did it with one I can do it with x - not much of the challenge).
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with X covers (I did it with one I can do it with x - not much of the challenge)
    Call the Swarm used without batteries with X covers in non wave node (I did it with one I can do it with x - not much of the challenge).
    Additional notifications

HAPPINESS! Now I have all the powers! One more cover and I will have more than @PiMacleod
    With this pace I will reach 13 covers in... 250 days. YAI! I WANNA TEST HER NOW! But the PVE resets in ~1h....

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,722 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol... I like how my 4 cover W5sp became a milestone.  :D
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    50 days and I probably beat ya! ^_^ Its all due to the fact we spoke so often and ya a bit has encouraged me.
    Also we have same build now. XD
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Discovery: Swarm tiles matching DOES not triggers Medusa's healing. And each tile destroying healing counts separently for Wasp black passive (so Medusa's 2x 1300 healing wont trigger free swarm tile).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's to be expected regarding Medusa's healing, since it explicitly defines what kinds of tiles give the health (Whenever an Attack, Protect, or Strike tile is matched, if it was a friendly...).

It's too bad Polaris doesn't replicate any kind of special tile you match (repeaters, cds, swarm tiles), you could really have some fun there.
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @ThaRoadWarrior True but the problem is that not so many people run Wasp so we may not know everything about Swarm tiles behaviour. That is why I post here all of my discoveries, fun facts etc. - like the one that you can not fortify swarm tile or the one that Medusa's healing counts sepparently for each tile.
    Also I WILL test Polaris. Just out of curiosity and stating the obvious. ^_^

Not to mention that having at least 1/1/1 build is much more helpfull end easier with swarm calling. I just did 2 with Strange and AV in team. Its a lot easier.