Adventures with 5* Wasp.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing that under the hood, the Swarm Tile type behaves like a Locked tile or a Force Bubble tile. I don't believe those types of tiles can be additionally fortified either. Just out of curiosity, how did you confirm they can't be fortified? Heimdall?
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 677 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2020
    I'm guessing that under the hood, the Swarm Tile type behaves like a Locked tile or a Force Bubble tile. I don't believe those types of tiles can be additionally fortified either. Just out of curiosity, how did you confirm they can't be fortified? Heimdall?

Shuri. My Heimdall has one yellow only.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Now that I come to think about it, CtS sounds a lot like a really old version of Invisible Woman's green power (at least I think it was green). It used to blow up all the tiles surrounding the locked tile and unlock the tile in the middle. Does anyone with a better memory remember more about how it worked? I find it difficult to believe that someone looked at that power and thought: " it didn't work properly on a 4* but just imagine what it could do on a 5*!"
  • Mr_F
    Its official: 1st battle outside PVP. Awesome it was!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mr_F said:
    Discovery: Swarm tiles matching DOES not triggers Medusa's healing. And each tile destroying healing counts separently for Wasp black passive (so Medusa's 2x 1300 healing wont trigger free swarm tile).

You probably have her own gauntlets on her as a support. But if you want to use Medusa with her you should change the support to one that adds extra healing when healed. That should reach the threshold for the swarm tile.
    KGB
  • Mr_F
    edited November 2020
    KGB said:
    Mr_F said:
    Discovery: Swarm tiles matching DOES not triggers Medusa's healing. And each tile destroying healing counts separently for Wasp black passive (so Medusa's 2x 1300 healing wont trigger free swarm tile).

You probably have her own gauntlets on her as a support. But if you want to use Medusa with her you should change the support to one that adds extra healing when healed. That should reach the threshold for the swarm tile.
    KGB

Yep. I posted it as I many may think that Medusa's healing is "one" but its separetly counted. Like its amount x tiles destroyed (i.e 1300 x 4) not total (i.e. 5200)
  • Mr_F
    I dont know how to count it again. With milestones I am back to game. I got few days ago 1500 shards of Wasp bringing her to 3/2/2 build lv 360 and today I Called the Swarm 3 or 4 times already. Not to mention that I raised Ant Man like 8 levels to 292 - also thanks to milestones.

What I think after a day of playing her is that she is not BAD. I can now easily do CtS and do damage etc. Yes, she is not good either as many 5* are way better but now I can undersand why she was designed the way she is and how easily she was overlooked as underpowered. Twice I did not even noticed that I have CtS ready that fast swarm tiles creation has become for me.
    Is she fun? Yes. Do I enjoy her? Even more.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I'm pleased that you're enjoying using your powered-up wa5p. We should be trying to enjoy the more esoteric aspects of the game sometimes, not just rushing through everything as fast as we can. 

When the board shake is applied when the swarm is called I assume the damage per tile is at the enhanced 'transformed' level rather than wasp's basic match damage. Have you noticed whether it's at the higher or lower level? Usually the power wouldn't convert back until all the actions associated with the firing of that power have finished processing but I wouldn't put it past wa5p to have been neutered even in respect of her enhanced swarm-powered match damage. 
  • Mr_F
    Not at all, because she is so powerfull you defeat enemies without CtS.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have the exact same build on my Wa5p with 380 shards in the bank, and my Ant-Man is at 310; I'm about 220 shards from completing my Thor and 6 more Frosts from completing my Kitty. Once those are done, I have half a mind to join you on this chase just to see if I can figure out something to do with her. We'll see I guess, I did have some other characters I wanted more nearer to completion, but it does appeal to me to try and find some use for her.
  • Mr_F
    edited December 2020
    Then follow this thread, I will post post updates etc. with my current build etc. I will Propably go for 3/2/3 next with final build being 5/3/5. I Dunno yet, I have to see "with my eyes" the final stats and experiment a bit.

My go team so far is Anti-Venom/Wasp/Agent Coulson. It works nice. Or for PVE I just go For Wasp + whatever is good in the event. Current one I run Wasp, Strange (boosted so ya know) and Juggernaut. Next one may be something different. But all with Wasp, if possible.
    PVP simulator is different story.
  • Mr_F
    edited December 2020
    Wasp is so weak that I have to try THREE times to beat Mysterio in Globe Trotting. The trobble: Mysterio's invisibility compared to her near useless Yellow in solo fights.

Still love her.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Mr_F said:
    Wasp is so weak that I have to try THREE times to beat Mysterio in Globe Trotting. The trobble: Mysterio's invisibility compared to her near useless Yellow in solo fights.

Still love her.
    Your dedication to Wasp gives me life in these troubled times.
  • Mr_F
    edited December 2020

And another sharded cover. I got Lucky to get 3* Luke to 266 and that LT got me Elektra's 280 LV which gave me last 3 shard needed. Not to mention that I got even more broke from that...
    Ant Man is 3 levels till 150+250 shards (lv 298 and 300) so soon there will be another one. This one will go into yellow propably bringing her into 3/3/3 build and even more easli swarm calling.
    Also fought today against someone who used Medusa/lv 390 Wasp in Spider-Ham PVP so... There is some more lovers out there?

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Mr_F said:

Still love her.
    Worth remembering also that Mysterio is pretty much the weakest 4* in existence. If you do persist with using/levelling Wasp you will be absolutely unable to win matches in PvP without whales.
  • Mr_F
    edited December 2020
    @Rod5 Before I left the game I said it few times: I probably will have few more 5* champions the day I champion her because as I am not that stupid to enter transition to 5* with just Wasp. But after I came back and saw that my prediction that Polaris will be rampart in PVP came true I decided to not care anymore with PVP. I will rush few events per year (the one that gives us limited 4* shards/covers) and that's it. So softcapping Wasp is no more a neccessity.
    Sadly PVP - be it 4* or 5* realm - has became so annoying that I'd better skip those part and keep my sanity. Even now, a Spider-Ham event 90%+ of enemies was Polaris with Kitty, Juggs, Rocket or whatever. Few were Chavez and/or Karnak and even less the boosted 4*. Wall of Polaris is too much pain in the Lower Part of Back so I just preffer to skip. 13 wins at max.
    So that means I can focus on PVE where using her is not a problem on hinderance.

Also, what was killing her against Mysterio was his Invisibility. 12 turns of "i can not do any damage to him" wasnt nice. Propably I would have less problems with Rocket or Karnak than any invisibility character.

• PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,716 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mysterio.... worse than Talos?!  I dunno about that...

I'd definitely give Talos the "worst" crown... maybe Emma 2nd... Mysterio would be in the top 5 or 10, for sure, though.

It's not like I LIKE Mysterio, but I can see some use amongst his relatively low-cost traps, his invis option, his generate purple-from-yellow option...  theres stuff there.  It's just not easy, self-starting, etc.  

Anyway -- I'm up to a 6 cover W5sp now, due to the login rewards.  Funny, that's one cover BETTER than my iHulk.  :tongue:
  • Mr_F
    edited December 2020
    Commitment Level up!
    I just sold 2 maxed 3* and 2* (I have dupes) to champion Emma Frost. You may say why? Well... Next event she is featured and Wasp shards are rewards so you know. 86 lv 5/4/4 Emma will not be that helpfull than 273 lv 5/3/5. Still most likely Polari will shreds this event but I may be able to finish decentish level. Especially the fact than i have HP to shield myself.
    And also I like Emma too and wanted to champ her - she was 8th on mu list, so I just change the order.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Mr_F said:

And also I like Emma too and wanted to chamo her - she was 8th on mu list, so I just change the order.
    You really know how to pick them don’t you!😂
  • Mr_F
    Rod5 said:
    Mr_F said:

And also I like Emma too and wanted to chamo her - she was 8th on mu list, so I just change the order.
    You really know how to pick them don’t you!😂

The strenght of the character does not corelate with what I like or not. But certain weak ones are more appeling to me cause of that.
    To put it simple: my annoucment "I like 5* Wasp, I will chase her and she will be my 1st 5* champion" sprouted a disscusion about weak 4*, particular Talos and Emma. A because I am trying to go off meta as much as possible, back then I said to @pimacleod that I will find use/team for 5* Wasp, Emma and Talos. I will show theri strenght!
    The ret is RNG - I do not purposly chase Emma and Talos. And as I have a team for Wasp (Wasp/Anti-Venom/Coulson) now I will have to find something for Emma. And Eventually Talos.

My going off meta comes from the fact that there are some many characters who are fun to use and needs some love so go tinnykitty yourself meta. I will do and use what I want and I will go as high as possibke with that!