That CL10 challenge node is...

Options

Comments

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Options
    50Thor, BRB and Sinister got me 4 clears pretty easily, and it was crazy how much was going on the board between Carnage, Sinister and Bill.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Today's fight: 3 Mindless Ones.

What a slog.  This whole day, ugh.  One of the slowest nodes of any event of the game.  But anyway.

Did this with both Gritty/BRB and Gritty/5* Thor.  It's a bit of an RNG-fest this way, because no matter what at some point you can end up losing to a poorly-placed green countdown tile, and there's nothing you can do about it.  Still, 4 clears in 5 tries, not too bad.
  • PiMacleod
    PiMacleod Posts: 1,724 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Backup Plan

Here's what I put down LAST time this came around...
    "Today, in Backup Plan, Kitty, Valk, Hela.  Only takes a couple turns to get your strikes out.  The 3 enemies generate so much green, Hela's passive kicks them each turn.  Bounty Hunter is easy to trigger each turn, increasing your green.  Let Hela's green fly as much as possible.  Use her red to overwrite pesky tiles.  Finally, dont forget to let the hazards kill enemy tiles for you if you can move yours out of the way."

...did the SAME thing again.  Still works well.  HOWEVER --

I did something different for clear #4.  Just wanted to see if it would hold up against such higher level enemies...

Prof5*/Chavez/Karnak (boosted, 13 covers, but only lvl 188 normally)

Wow.  That worked VERY well.  I'd be lying if I said I walked away without damage... but Prof only took a couple of attack tiles to the chin early on, then after Karnak's 4 turns were up, him and Chavez's crits let Prof run wild like the Ultimate Warrior entering a Royal Rumble.

Of course, Prof's purple (using a purple tile) is essential.  But after you do that, and you're left without a match 4 or 5, throw out a Karnak blue.  You more than likely have the AP without even trying.  There are so many cascades with this team, you get AP without even knowing where it came from!  His blue will throw out more crits.  ...but wait -- THOSE didn't land you a match 4 or 5 either?!  Then throw out his red!  Like a better version of Bullseye's green, just FORCE a match # into place, using those crits!  Guess what... you probably have more purple now!  REPEAT THE PROCESS.

It's ridiculous and fun at the same time.  The only thing that I'll advise is to not throw EVERY move at the enemy.  There were times that I wanted to make sure I had ammo left just in case one of those green CDs got close to expiring, or even a purple one, because I don't want them to have ANYTHING on the board if I can help it.  A timely Karnak red can get rid of those, or even a blue, if you're lucky.

Anyways, I now have TWO teams I can gladly use for this challenge node next time it comes around.  And by then, Karnak will probably be champed too.

Good luck to you!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I've been using BRB/Carbage/Rescue on the sub 1 challenge node (carbage/1* venom/carrier). It works great with double Carbage board spam. Rescue keeps the health up marginally right from the start, and can flip all the nonsense spam into protects for BRB, who then does most of the heavy lifting. Rescue's blue can turn huge swaths of the board red for you, which can clear out enemy spam and turn it into AP for you. Without Okoye in the mix I prioritize Rescue's red over Carbage's. You need to really be doing something wrong for it not to hit all 3 times, and for 6 red it's doing about the same total damage as BRB's blue. My own Carbage is 4/3/5 lvl 363, and it still works well. I'll go to bat for that second turn all day, it really makes a difference.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Plan G

C4rnage/Brute/Carrier

Here's what I did last time... (back on page 3)

"I turned to Kitty/Valk/Hela.

Now im gonna preface this by saying i only needed to win TWICE.  Full progression rewards throughout the event were obtained after clearing every node until the timer started, and then this last challenge node only needed two clears.

Back to the strat...

I targetted the symbiote minion first.  His passive to boost tiles is way better than Kitty's boost, and it gets to show off for a long fight.  Kill him ASAP!

I made sure to work my Bounty Hunter tiles each turn, to deny some AP, and generate some much needed yellow for my Kitty."

This time, I did it a bit different.  TBH, I should've looked back and tried this again, but I didn't.  Instead, for the first clear, I used...

Kitty/Valk/C5rnage

...which worked pretty well the first time.  Obvious strike tiles were made.  My Carnage loved the enemy's constant tile output, which meant constant double turns for me, along with the extra strike.  Kitty was going buff crazy, but her purple couldn't keep up, that's for sure.

Then the bad thing happened... CPU Carnage fired his green.  That hurt.  By hurt, I mean, it killed MY Carnage.  Like 40k+ health gone.  ...that's quite the boardshake.

Kitty got it done in the end, but that was close.  This was just the first clear!

All I needed was one more clear, so I did tried-n-true Kill/Lock --

H5wkeye/Hammercap/G4mora

Everything worked out just like last time, btw... two clears and I was out.  

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didnt post last time.
    But I guess i did it with ice5, px, and carnage5. 
    Now Im stronger and I did 4 clears throught brute force. BRB, PX, Carnage5. 
    That 4* carnage is truly dangerous, must be killed first. And then the goons are easy to deal with.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node:  Welcome to Earth

K5ngpin/Hood/Thug

...i'm getting deja vu... swear I did this one before, but I couldn't find it with a search function.  oh well.

The boost list here made the choice for me.  That, and it worked oh so well with the 4* and 5* essential nodes...

Kitty/OML (boosted)/Karolina (boosted)

Just throw every power you can.  OML makes strikes, Kitty boosts them, and Karolina's yellow and blue make enough defense to soak attacks up, along with OML tanking (and healing more than usual, due to Karolina's passive).

I hit Hood first, then Kingpin.  Obviously, just to get rid of the theft.  Sure, Kingpin does more damage, but the entire reason this team works is because you can throw powers out cheaply and often (kitty = 6 red, karolina = 6 blue, or yellow, or 8 green).  Plenty of power spam, and it works better if he isn't penny and nickling your AP down.

One thing to note is that they have a Tinkerer's Toys team up, where Prowler stuns you for 2 turns.  Each time that happened, it hit my OML, and the results showed.  No regen, no tanky, no tiles made passively...  it sucked.  Its funny to note that the most harmful part of the fight was when OML got stunned by a team-up attack, though.

This worked for all 4 clears for me, btw.  Good luck to you!
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used Kitty/OML/Valkyrie.  Same principal as PiMacleod above, except more damage and less protection from the first couple of rounds.  Still did great.

Definitely match greens away when you can, though.  Kingpin's green is about the only power that concerned me.
  • Bad
    Options
    Kingping/ hood/ thug
    Here the mvp is thug. He can hit you like a rocket.
    I first try it with carnage5  BRB and sinister for to thef the thief. But I dont have him max covered and on second try it didnt work. 
    So I changed him for px and I crushed them with any other shoot taken.
    Beter go for hood first, he can shoot his pistols for insane damage. And then thug or kingping.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bad said:
    Kingping/ hood/ thug
    Here the mvp is thug. He can hit you like a rocket.
    I first try it with carnage5  BRB and sinister for to thef the thief. But I dont have him max covered and on second try it didnt work. 
    So I changed him for px and I crushed them with any other shoot taken.
    Beter go for hood first, he can shoot his pistols for insane damage. And then thug or kingping.
    It depends on the team you are using, but the Thug will drain yellow from Hood and he probably will never fire the pistols.  I went with old standby ThorkIce and did Kingpin, then Hood, then Thug.  
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    OJSP said:
    PiMacleod said:
    Challenge Node:  Welcome to Earth

K5ngpin/Hood/Thug

...i'm getting deja vu... swear I did this one before, but I couldn't find it with a search function.  oh well.
    You wouldn't find it here, because Meet Rocket and Groot was the first event where the challenge nodes were introduced and this thread didn't exist then. This was made on the second event, Honor Among Thieves.
    okay... so i DID recall doing that before correctly... just we didn't start the thread at that point.  

Thanks for the confirmation!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For meet R&G I have used 1/2 health Thor, OML, Kitty.  Thor speeds up firing powers and I actually use his yellow over Kitty so I will eventually flipped those buffed protect tiles to Strike tiles.  I have did a full 7 clears in Sub 1 and opened 4 clears in sub 2 and have not had to use a health pack yet.  

Thanks OML and your self healing
  • Bad
    Options
    Today GED and 2 fighters
    First 2 tries I did with BRB, carnage5 and sinister. Because I dont have logan and I can afford a long match. My sinister is still 2/4/1 and 500 shards but is already really funny to perform a long battle and GED being unable to cast any power.
    But the lack of covers for sinister reveals itself on the third try.
    So I choose PX, Ice5 and Marvel4. With her, no more sadness when Ice stun blue tiles reach 0. Quickly stunning GED casting photonic rush and building heavy strike tiles drives to GED down.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: Seed of Destruction

GED/Brawler/Brawler

As long as you know to save GED for last, the same strategy from the last two days applies...

Kitty/OML (boosted)/Karolina (boosted)

Same exact strat.  Worked for 4x clears.  Done with progression.  Never truly worried about GEDs healing, AP theft, etc, and just made sure to keep OML in front whenever GED had 9 black.  He could take it usually.

Good luck to you!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Webbed Wonder Sub 1:

Green Goblin / Daken (3*) / Lieutenant

I did my clears with JJ / Half-Thor / various people with a purple power
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,306 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Webbed Wonder Sub 1:

Green Goblin / Daken (3*) / Lieutenant

I did my clears with JJ / Half-Thor / various people with a purple power
    This is the 3rd Challenge Node with Goblin, Daken and a goon.  The other two are an Assassin and a Demolisher.

This one was not hard.
  • PiMacleod
    Options
    Challenge Node: A Walk in the Park

Goblin/Dak3n/Lieutenant

Pretty easy, but i got distracted by real life and work and gave up on trying fun things.

For 2 clears...

Kitty/valkyrie/Shuri (boosted)

I ran this because since Shuri does that damage when a fortified is matched... And since enemy goblin is gonna fortify lieutenants CDs... And Kitty makes one fortified repeater... And its not too expensive red wise to make more...

You get the picture.

Her green also helped to stun a tile mover when necessary.

For clear three, i replaced Shuri with Juggs.  It was at this point that work got under my skin, and i was in no mood to think further.

4th clear i whale'd. 

...im still irritated highly at my job.

Good luck to you!
  • Bad
    Options
    I ran the four tries with BRB carnage and sinister.  Even the fifth.
    Thanks to the goon Im always screwing their AP pool. And them having only 2 direct powers helps too. Altough they can hit really hard. 
    Only on the 5 try I lost sinister and I escaped on a close call.