Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spent about 1600 CP on the Fan Favorites vault, going until I hit my 250 CP buffer.  On the last pull I got the purple cover I needed to champ Kitty.

Still think Bishop/Grocket needs to be nerfed, but at least now I can run my own version of that insane team!  :)
    Right in time to discover that Hawkeye is back.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After choosing “sleep” over “clearing the boss” for a couple straight nights I was still able to hit the max progression in Galactus with only 119 points to spare even though my alliance didn’t clear more than 4 rounds.  I don’t think I’ve ever cut it that close on a boss event before.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    After choosing “sleep” over “clearing the boss” for a couple straight nights I was still able to hit the max progression in Galactus with only 119 points to spare even though my alliance didn’t clear more than 4 rounds.  I don’t think I’ve ever cut it that close on a boss event before.
    Yeah, I wish there was another way for people in weaker alliances, or no alliance, to get the "placement" covers but they would probably need to completely overhaul boss events and I'm sure that's very low on their list of priorities. I chose the double iso side nodes over sleep. Eh, I'll sleep when I'm dead.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled 28 Classic Tokens and got 7 5*, 2 bonus 5* and 1 bonus 4*. 

I'm pleased with the result.  o:)
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    I pulled 28 Classic Tokens and got 7 5*, 2 bonus 5* and 1 bonus 4*. 

I'm pleased with the result.  o:)
    That is indeed an outstanding result, congrats!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It probably goes without saying that the Devil Dinosaur costume is my moment of the day...and probably the entire anniversary.  I did ask for it specifically after all as an anniversary release:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/848216#Comment_848216

It also solves the problem of how I’ll differentiate my Devil Dinosaur from the AI’s in today’s Best in Class node :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the blue cover I needed to champ Taskmaster out of my vault! Next year, I'm totally ready for his PvP ;)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    It probably goes without saying that the Devil Dinosaur costume is my moment of the day...and probably the entire anniversary.  I did ask for it specifically after all as an anniversary release:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/848216#Comment_848216

It also solves the problem of how I’ll differentiate my Devil Dinosaur from the AI’s in today’s Best in Class node :)
    Now ask for a solution to dilution and a feeder for Kitty as the two last big surprise announcements before the end of Anniversary.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I hit 10 million unspent ISO today.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kishida said:
    Shouldn't that be in the "worst moment"?
    I'm still waiting for something to spend my 12 million on.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think post ISO is a relic of the MPQ of the past. I seem to be falling further and further behind with each new release. 

My last 12 or so fully covered 4s with 30ish saved covers each still sit waiting for the ISO to champ them. Each new release promises another amount of ISO equivalent to what I might earn in that period of time. So, if nothing changes I will never be done champing 4s...and that’s if I never invest ISO in any of my fully covered 5s that will be waiting to be champed. Oh, also flipping 2s and 3s which slows the progress down even more.

Want to trade problems? 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am not going to complain about being post-iso ever.  I'm still working towards 8888888 and 9999999.  

It just seems kind of silly to be worried about the iso.  I do wish I didn't have to click past the reward popups sometimes, but that's a different issue IMO.  Just dump the iso into my total, no one is excited about 500 iso no matter if you need it or not.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Kishida said:
    Not really the best, but noteworthy, I guess. Game is boring enough these days that noteworthy has to count for something.
  • bluewolf
    Kishida said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Kishida said:
    Not really the best, but noteworthy, I guess. Game is boring enough these days that noteworthy has to count for something.
    If you get to 20 million the devs send you a Taco Bell coupon.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    You guys should be able to sponsor other players with your iso! Like you could find a 4* transitioner and sponsor them for iso and whatever character they level up gets to wear a banner advert in game for you saying how awesome you are - "Kishida is the geezer!" "He is Bow but not Gentle!", "OJSP - more than just some random letters!"
  • jp1
    OJSP said:
    jp1 said:
    I think post ISO is a relic of the MPQ of the past. I seem to be falling further and further behind with each new release. 

---

Want to trade problems? 
    What SHIELD Rank are you now?
  • jp1
    OJSP said:
    jp1 said:
    OJSP said:
    You've still got a lot of iso there to be gained. I think you're doing alright. Another thing that we didn't mention was the number of days played: I'm on day 1769 with pretty much 4 years worth of competitive play. We probably just got a big head start compared to you.
    Yep, roughly 1000 days difference. Mostly concerned that I seem to be at a standstill. I can champ 4s at roughly the rate they are released now. Occasionally, like this double ISO event I can invest in a 5* (champed Storm this time) or champ some flipped 3s.

Recently I used 20 max champed 3s to champ 7 4s. Investing in those to get my 3s all champed again took enough time that eight more we’re ready to sell off. I probably could make headway on completing the 4* tier if I give up on covering some of Latest at some point. In hindsight I wouldn’t have chased Cable, Cap Mar5el, Wasp (Obviously), and possibly Loki. I never use them.
  • bluewolf
    jp1 said:
    OJSP said:
    jp1 said:
    OJSP said:
    You've still got a lot of iso there to be gained. I think you're doing alright. Another thing that we didn't mention was the number of days played: I'm on day 1769 with pretty much 4 years worth of competitive play. We probably just got a big head start compared to you.
    Yep, roughly 1000 days difference. Mostly concerned that I seem to be at a standstill. I can champ 4s at roughly the rate they are released now. Occasionally, like this double ISO event I can invest in a 5* (champed Storm this time) or champ some flipped 3s.

Recently I used 20 max champed 3s to champ 7 4s. Investing in those to get my 3s all champed again took enough time that eight more we’re ready to sell off. I probably could make headway on completing the 4* tier if I give up on covering some of Latest at some point. In hindsight I wouldn’t have chased Cable, Cap Mar5el, Wasp (Obviously), and possibly Loki. I never use them.
    Given the extremely long Classic 5E cycle, there isn't even the benefit of having a champed non-meta 5 in god mode every few months anymore.

It should be about a year for the current cycle to complete (ballpark is 49 weeks, but they change things up sometimes).  Then the next cycle will be longer, as will the next etc.

So basically a sub-par 5 will be Thanos fodder, someone you might run as a lark, and useful in PVE about 3-4 days a year if you champ them.  And they have been releasing more 5's this year than ever before so the only logical approach is to give up on lesser ones earlier than you would have before.  Dilution!
  • jp1
    Yeah, I’ll probably be skipping duds going forward. Even though I hate hoarding, I can’t logically continue chasing every 5.

On the other hand someone like Rescue is still useful to me, and the current latest are all characters I want. So, I have a while before I get picky. Not to mention you can’t rely entirely on opinions on the forums, as mostly Rescue is hated....but, she works quite well with Kitty for my play style.