Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• shardwickshardwick Posts: 1,363 Chairperson of the Boards
    First place in Webbed Wonder for four lovely Torch covers and with placement tokens from sub 3 I pulled two bonus 3* covers as well as a C4rol from a heroic. Not too bad. Oh, then Torch went and beat up on Rulk, War Machine and Quake. :)
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    Having pulled a yellow Torch from his Shield Training (arguably his worst cover), then had a lousy bracket where I was fighting for T20, I decided that as a 5* Champion player I didn't really need to chase yet another 4* (I'll save that for Juggernaut when X5 enters Latest and I chase the two of them), so for once I took it easy on a 4* release event. I know, it will probably come back to bite me when Torch is one of the 4Es for the next 4* release, but I don't care.

I relaxed, skipped the final clears of one sub, then last night was still having too much fun killing Nazis in Sniper Elite 4 to stop and do my clears so I set my phone back down and went back to some more gratuitous violence.

This morning I logged into MPQ and was amused to see I was #49 by 2,000 points. Not that it mattered in CL8 where T100 is still good enough to get a cover.

Most relaxing release event ever.
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,708 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    When Ant-Man beat Teen Jean in today’s crash, The LT gave me a yellow 5* Ice Man with a bonus yellow 5* Wasp.  While a Wasp cover typically isn’t a best moment of the day, with her yellow I’m now down to only five 5* characters who I have rostered without all three powers.

Baby steps...
    During today’s 4E in Simulator, I was finally able to pull off Wasp’s “Call the Swarm” during my clears.  While the results were profoundly disappointing, at least now I never need to try and do that again unless she’s rebalanced so that counts as “Moment of the Day...” for me :)
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enemy of the State!
    Came in first of sub 1 of EotS with literally three seconds to spare. Now I remember why I prefer to start my clears a little early and have extra time at the end of the sub, especially one with wave nodes, than to play with fire and risk missing clears.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Posts: 1,220 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our alliance managed to finish round seven of the current boss PVE with a couple of hours left, netting us all three Black Cat covers. That was cool in-and-of-itself, BUT, it also marked a personal milestone for my roster. In my 5+ years of playing, I have *never* gotten a 4-star to the "holy grail" of coverage - that's right, 4/4/4! Black Cat is my first one ever where I've achieved perfectly even cover distribution, meaning that no matter what cover I draw for her, the next one will let me champ her (this means less now in the age of saved covers, of course, but still). A small victory, but a satisfying one!
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,565 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 September 2019, 09:26
    Realizing that the 4-star cover reward for Juggernaut is in the 3-star Rocket and Groot PvP, so there will be absolutely no Grocket/Kitty teams to worry about.  Not surprisingly, I have seen a LOT more variation in the team composition in this PvP.  Thanos/Surfer. Gladiathor/Daredevil.  Chavez/Okoye.  Archangel (!!) and Jessica.  Pairs of people you never see when Grocket/Kitty is out to play.  It took eight fights until I saw my first team with a Kitty on it.

I wonder if the devs are keeping track of the usage rates for this event, and seeing the wider diversity.
  • JSP869JSP869 Posts: 706 Critical Contributor
    I spent about 45-50 tokens pulling for a purple X5 when he entered Latest. I finally did get one (hence making about 45-50 pulls), along with a bonus Okoye cover, and a couple of bonus Juggernaut covers.

I was pretty happy to get Juggs to 3/3/5 as it made him SHIELD Training ready. I'm even happier today.

I just saw Juggs is the placement reward for The Hunt, and better yet, the T10 reward is his Blue cover, the one I need the least.

I can finish & Champion Juggs with a T20 spot in The Hunt!

Oh, happy day!
  • skittledaddyskittledaddy Posts: 391 Mover and Shaker
    PuceMoose said:
    Our alliance managed to finish round seven of the current boss PVE with a couple of hours left, netting us all three Black Cat covers. That was cool in-and-of-itself, BUT, it also marked a personal milestone for my roster. In my 5+ years of playing, I have *never* gotten a 4-star to the "holy grail" of coverage - that's right, 4/4/4! Black Cat is my first one ever where I've achieved perfectly even cover distribution, meaning that no matter what cover I draw for her, the next one will let me champ her (this means less now in the age of saved covers, of course, but still). A small victory, but a satisfying one!
    And you should get one for progression in the next PvE event.
    Didn't happen to me, but it did make laugh a bit.  One of the folks in my alliance beat the final level of Gwen Prix, and she chose Riri instead of Magik.  The Riri cover brought her to LVL 280, and the reward was an LT.  Cashing it in earned...a Magik cover.   :/
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Shield Sim reward cover plus the Progression cover will bring Juggernaut to 4/4/4. Always nice on the rare occasions when that happens :)
    The Shield Sim reward cover plus the Progression cover will bring Juggernaut to 4/4/4. Always nice on the rare occasions when that happens :)
    Mine will be 3/3/3 after that cover.  Not as nice as 4/4/4, but still better than 0/9/0.
  • ZootSaxZootSax Posts: 1,708 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally champed Black Cat today with the progression reward from "The Hunt".  While it won't factor into Worthy Cap's Shield Training, I can still enjoy almost a full day's worth of boosted, champed Black Cat murdering the Dark Avengers along-side 4* Gamora, which is far from nothing :)
    shardwick said:
    I never thought this day would come but I am now the owner of a max champed Bag Man. Hooray, I think.
    Is it wrong that I'm mildly jealous?  Mine is only 129...
  • BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Knowing that tomorrow I will almost assuredly champ Thano5.
    shardwick said:
    I never thought this day would come but I am now the owner of a max champed Bag Man. Hooray, I think.
    Is it wrong that I'm mildly jealous?  Mine is only 129...
    Yeah man that's an extra 15 levels of pure power. I'm surprised that he hasn't been nerfed yet.