3* Tournament

Options

Comments

• vaargen wrote:
    Is anyone else tournament down?

Patch incoming or server crash?
    Mine is still up. Maybe you had a connection hiccup?
  • Up again with the weekend 2 tournaments
  • Okay, so I am fourth right now. My country of residence is Germany. It's 1 am right now and being a Friday I am already up about 20 hours. I am dead tired. When I fall asleep I will lose one rank per 10 minutes or so. When I wake up tomorrow, I will be getting a Juggernaut. This is so frustrating.
  • f3nfire wrote:
    Okay, so I am fourth right now. My country of residence is Germany. It's 1 am right now and being a Friday I am already up about 20 hours. I am dead tired. When I fall asleep I will lose one rank per 10 minutes or so. When I wake up tomorrow, I will be getting a Juggernaut. This is so frustrating.
    Maybe you should sleep early and wake up 1 hour before the tournament is done.
    Luckily in my time zone the tournaments finished at 1 p.m.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Man, I'm biting my nails here. Finished with 760 something, and #11 was at 750 even. If they got in an extra attack, or another retaliation hit past the buzzer, I'm so screwed
  • Woohoo! Top 10 Finish. Puts my Spidey at 4/1/1!
  • Woot top 2 icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'm shocked almost nobody attacked me in the last hour and I ended up top 2 with 975. Got my spidey to 3/4/2 icon_e_smile.gif

Best tourney rewards in quite some time.
  • I did better than I expected. I don't know if my last match made it in time. If so, I hope it was enough. In any case, I'm happy to finally be able to use Spidey.

Matchmaking still confuses me a bit. I feel like it's real-time win/loss. Got low levels after tanking from Lightning Rounds, then as I started winning saw more and more high levels.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Nice got 1st place finish, my Spidey is now 4/5/2 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Man, I'm biting my nails here. Finished with 760 something, and #11 was at 750 even. If they got in an extra attack, or another retaliation hit past the buzzer, I'm so screwed

I was in your bracket. How did it work out? Was crazy at the end. Was pretty much getting hit for as much as I was winning at the end. Somehow managed to hold on to 2nd with just over 900pts I think (though I never saw the 1000iso because I got clobbered).

I finally have a yellow cover for Spider-Man. He may manage to come off the sidelines and see some action!
  • Well its over, and surprisingly I quite enjoyed this tournament, with the smaller pool of characters available and a lot of 3* abilities being relatively more expensive (rag and spidey being the exceptions), I found battles went on a lot longer and damage output was lower until enough AP was built up to use those big hulking abilities.

I doubt I would have survived without The Hoods AP stealing, incredibly useful to keep enemies using less abilities. I did find myself avoiding high level rag where possible, while really game breaking in this format without the support characters to back him up (wolv, cstorm, daken etc) he is still the one 3* that can really put on the hurt with a bit of AP going his way.

Ended up top 2 in my bracket, it just saddens me that all I will do with the 3 spidey covers is sell them icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sweeet. Last match did make it on time. It's fairly leniant as my clock read 00:02. Can't believe I got top 2 considering the state of my 3-stars.
    Aleatory wrote:
    Ended up top 2 in my bracket, it just saddens me that all I will do with the 3 spidey covers is sell them icon_e_sad.gif
    You didn't even need em? That's not nice, you should've let someone else win them.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Surprisingly I did okay. I really thought I was going to end up with triple Juggernaut covers (which would have been helpful since I only have 2 one star characters), Red Captain America cover if I was lucky and I end up in the top 25 with only 3 retaliations in the last hour. Was able to get a blue Spidey cover to finally compliment my one purple cover (which was worthless without blue lol).

One thing for certain, this tournament showed me that Iron Man Model 40 can be a beast if he is sitting on a lot of AP and is leveled up.
  • Placed top 10 - I had 960 pts.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    This tourney might be a decent preview of things to come as everybody starts moving up to using 3 and 4 star characters exclusively.

I think we'll see a shift to these longer games, which will be interesting. I also think we're going to see a bit more emphasis on having at least one character that will have really powerful high-AP abilities (ala IM40 and Grey Suit Widow). Looking forward to how things turn out. It's funny playing in the one-star tourney and wondering how I was ever afraid of a level 50 IM and now he's just a joke...
  • Sweeet. Last match did make it on time. It's fairly leniant as my clock read 00:02. Can't believe I got top 2 considering the state of my 3-stars.
    Aleatory wrote:
    You didn't even need em? That's not nice, you should've let someone else win them.

eh, they are worth iso and hp. Compete in the event for the 70/140 iso from a win more than the prize from this one, I was somewhat surprised I finished top 2, I think I only had about 900 points at the end.

More than anything though I actually had a lot of fun with this event, it was slower and more challenging, less damage = more time and planning, more thought and less instant death to characters every 2 turns
  • Aleatory wrote:
    Sweeet. Last match did make it on time. It's fairly leniant as my clock read 00:02. Can't believe I got top 2 considering the state of my 3-stars.
    Aleatory wrote:

eh, they are worth iso and hp. Compete in the event for the 70/140 iso from a win more than the prize from this one, I was somewhat surprised I finished top 2, I think I only had about 900 points at the end.

More than anything though I actually had a lot of fun with this event, it was slower and more challenging, less damage = more time and planning, more thought and less instant death to characters every 2 turns

pretty scumbag imo =/
  • Shockingly I finished in a top 10, with only a low leveled Doom, Widow and mid-leveled IM40. I was only attacked 4 times in the last 20 minutes.

Which was great for me, because i only had one Spidey cover to this point.
  • Sniped out of #2 spot right at the end, but still got top 10. I already had a purple spider cover anyhow. Now to decide whether I want to spend HP to level Spidey's blue power.