3* Tournament

Welp, the big boys gna come out to play for this one.

Comments

• well, that's what exactly the tournament is aiming for. its hard to set up exactly a team of 3***'s only, so only a very rare few who actually have high 3***'s aka rag/spidey team of theladder will have a clear advantage.
  • Yellow cover Spidey as a placement reward. I need that.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh, I have exactly one 3* character over level 18. I think I'll just be dipping into the first few tiers of progression rewards and then moving on.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I only have 4 3*s, and they're all super low levels. Hopefully the lightings will come soon to crater my matchmaking rank so my teen level characters can at least get the consolation prize
  • forgrim wrote:
    well, that's what exactly the tournament is aiming for. its hard to set up exactly a team of 3***'s only, so only a very rare few who actually have high 3***'s aka rag/spidey team of theladder will have a clear advantage.
    Yeah, it's a shame to say I don't have a lot of three star cards. I've been able to place pretty high in tournaments up to now, but I think this will be the first tournament I've participated in since the beginning where I won't be aiming really high. It's a shame too, because I really need a blue spidey. =/ I only have two spidy cards at the moment.
  • i'll venture a guess and say this tournament, the higher level progression rewards will be out of reach. i can be proven wrong tho.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Running 141 IM, 141 spiderman and 115 rag for this one.
  • Yeah... I'll be starting this one after I get the Heroic rewards. Still not sure how much I'll be able to compete with L50 Iron Man and L28 Widow/Rags/Spidey...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    GoldenLink wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    well, that's what exactly the tournament is aiming for. its hard to set up exactly a team of 3***'s only, so only a very rare few who actually have high 3***'s aka rag/spidey team of theladder will have a clear advantage.
    Yeah, it's a shame to say I don't have a lot of three star cards. I've been able to place pretty high in tournaments up to now, but I think this will be the first tournament I've participated in since the beginning where I won't be aiming really high. It's a shame too, because I really need a blue spidey. =/ I only have two spidy cards at the moment.

I've gotten exactly one classic Spidey, and he's freakin' *purple*.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    53 Black Widow (Grey Suit), 38 Iron Man (Model 40), 21 that I can train to 51 Spider-Man (Classic) for me. Really need more covers out of the Heroic.
  • most annoying and hard to beat for 3s is spidey. at 3ap purple, he can stun lock enemy. ragnarok at 115 is not so scary anymore.
  • IM40, grey widow, and Hood for me. Hood only has 3 covers, but I'll leave him in the back to leech AP.

No sense starting before heroic juggernaut rewards come in though.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Rag 90 / Spidey 70 / IM40, Grey Suit, or Doom not sure who I want to level.

Super lame I just bought spideys last web today and now I can win it >.<
  • Shuino wrote:
    Rag 90 / Spidey 70 / IM40, Grey Suit, or Doom not sure who I want to level.

Super lame I just bought spideys last web today and now I can win it >.<

That's why I'm pretty much only taking abilities to 4 with hero points. I've got a colossal level deficit going into this. Time to farm iso like no other!
  • IceIX wrote:
    53 Black Widow (Grey Suit), 38 Iron Man (Model 40), 21 that I can train to 51 Spider-Man (Classic) for me. Really need more covers out of the Heroic.

gotta say i love the fact that you play along side us IceIX ^^

51 IM40, spidey or magneto, 28 Black Widow (Grey Suit) hopefully to be 51 after the PvE tourney covers come in. not holding out a lot of hope against the rags to be found out there, might just farm this one for iso and push IM higher and higher 8)
  • My team:

G.Widow lv34 (max 51): 0/0/4 .... no damaging abilities but her pink can generate a crit tile which is pretty useful
    Doc Doom lv 25: 2/0 ... i feel like he is a better fit for this team since i don't have any moves except for rag red... and im going to be matching a lot.
    Ragnarok lv38 : 0/3 .... sadly i didn't pull a green cover so I have nobody that does a green move

Maybe:
    IM 40 lv 26 (max 41): 2/1/2 .... probably won't be levelling him up yet ... should I use him or not ?

I think im gna try and grind "Heroic Jugg" and see if i can get a G.Widow atleast... was orginally gna tank it to get 1 Thor Yellow.... I might be able to get another IM40 red so that's a decent finisher and he'll be at a higher max lvl....
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok, The Hood, and Magneto Classic for me - my main team. Look out.
  • Buffed Thor - I didn't complain. Why would I? He was and still is core of my team. It was nice to wield such destructive force for some time icon_twisted.gif Also most of playerbase has him.

Buffed Rag in Lightning rounds - I didn't complain even though at start I didn't have any Rag cover (now 1 green). It was only one character and once you learn to deal with him, he wasn't that scary icon_razz.gif

3* Tournament - a tournament in which I basically don't stand a chance after over 6 weeks of hardcore playing? (waking up at 4/5 am for last hour of tournaments for example) I will bloody complain and complain a lot! icon_neutral.gif Highest 3-star at the moment is lvl 32... icon_e_confused.gif

Prepare for 'Shikao-is-grumpy-cat' week... ye be warned... icon_mad.gif
  • Gonna train my IM40 as hard as I can for this. Right now Widow 41 / IM 53 / Spidey 41. Will get Widow and IM to 60+ by the end of this.

I think i can get top 10 in my bracket with that
  • well sometimes u just sit out of tournaments...i didn't even budge an inch in the dark avenger tourney, for example. this one will be tough too, but i have mid 60 rag and black widow so i feel like somewhat competitive.