3* Tournament

Options

Comments

• greggray24 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I thought I was so smart waiting for lightning rounds to start, but then I got in zzzWolph's bracket (not that I'm aiming for anything more than not-juggernaut anyway)

I'm in the same bracket. After zzzWolph it is not too bad. I'm currently 23 with only 322pts.

Seriously? I'm 27 with 732..

The bracket just formed yesterday. I anticipate it will shoot up to more normal ranges at the end. It is the procrastinators bracket icon_e_wink.gif
  • Polkio wrote:
    Just want to ask that - anyone else get 1200 mark?

Just hit 1200. Not easy at all, hardly any matches worth over 10 points, so it was a case of finding the best team to finish a fight quickly, boost the hell out of them and hope for no retaliations! My characters will be going into hibernation now until the end of the event, so help yourself to points icon_twisted.gif
  • Got my IM to 75, Spidey 53 (maxed out for now), and Widow 41. Should i level up Widow or IM for the final push to deter people from attacking? Or am I going to get run over by Rags anyways?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Got my IM to 75, Spidey 53 (maxed out for now), and Widow 41. Should i level up Widow or IM for the final push to deter people from attacking? Or am I going to get run over by Rags anyways?

Personally I'm more afraid of G.Widow than IM40
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    greggray24 wrote:
    greggray24 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I thought I was so smart waiting for lightning rounds to start, but then I got in zzzWolph's bracket (not that I'm aiming for anything more than not-juggernaut anyway)

I'm in the same bracket. After zzzWolph it is not too bad. I'm currently 23 with only 322pts.

Seriously? I'm 27 with 732..

The bracket just formed yesterday. I anticipate it will shoot up to more normal ranges at the end. It is the procrastinators bracket icon_e_wink.gif
    I hope it won't shoot up too much. 700 is about the limit I could feasibly get to
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Got my IM to 75, Spidey 53 (maxed out for now), and Widow 41. Should i level up Widow or IM for the final push to deter people from attacking? Or am I going to get run over by Rags anyways?

Haha, just had you cycle through, but skipped you, there are targets with lower levelled IM. I personally level Widow and IM back and forth so that IM always has 1 dmg in blue more than widow so she only moves to the front for black and purple.
  • Mommson wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Haha, just had you cycle through, but skipped you, there are targets with lower levelled IM. I personally level Widow and IM back and forth so that IM always has 1 dmg in blue more than widow so she only moves to the front for black and purple.

yessss it's working icon_e_smile.gif
  • Honestly I just really want Spidey's blue card. I only have yellow and purple for him so it would be nice to actually be able to use his stun.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Just want to ask that - anyone else get 1200 mark?

Just hit 1200. Not easy at all, hardly any matches worth over 10 points, so it was a case of finding the best team to finish a fight quickly, boost the hell out of them and hope for no retaliations! My characters will be going into hibernation now until the end of the event, so help yourself to points icon_twisted.gif

...Right?

1200 is like a mirage in the desert. You think there's water, then you get closer...nope. Then you think there's water, then you get closer...nope. icon_e_confused.gif

1500 is pretty much what goes through your head when you see Brendan Frasier being chased by the mummy icon_razz.gif
  • I wonder what the last 30 minutes will be like. Most teams kill painfully slow unless they have a high level dr. doom or something. Plus tons of spider-men to stall. I hope point fluctuations will be kept to a minimum.

Currently running 81 IM / 55 widow / 53 spidey. I hope that's enough to deter the lower ranks from hitting me too hard for me to squeeze into top 10. Yellow and blue spidey covers would be great icon_e_smile.gif

My strat is to rush yellow and purple tiles to power up IM recharge and widow's tactics. A snipe will kill one guy and unibeam kills another. Spidey is there just to be annoying for the guy attacking me.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wish I'd pushed harder in one of the previous tournaments to get a green grey widow cover. Even with rag at 6 red a cast, I'm ending up with like 30-40 green energy at the end of these rounds
  • Got 1200 icon_e_smile.gif
    Lightning is a nice distraction
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Polkio wrote:
    Got 1200 icon_e_smile.gif

I see a Polkio retaliation on my screen from when you hit 1201. Congrats!
  • Nemek wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    Got 1200 icon_e_smile.gif

I see a Polkio retaliation on my screen from when you hit 1201. Congrats!

Thanks. Also grats to you as I remember that you achieve 1200 also.

Also after lightning I finally have 5/5 ragnarok. Life is easier with him...

We need more 3*covers devs...
  • DecoyDuck
    Options
    You all are in some SERIOUS brackets. The one I'm in has mid-800s at #1 and 700 at #10. Now that we're in the final hours though, it'll probably correct itself...
  • DecoyDuck wrote:
    You all are in some SERIOUS brackets. The one I'm in has mid-800s at #1 and 700 at #10. Now that we're in the final hours though, it'll probably correct itself...

Probably not. I've been targeting soft brackets for a few weeks. They never go as high as the try hard brackets.
  • DecoyDuck wrote:

So does ours... in fact, I'm currently #1 at 828. Nemek, above, got to 1200 at some point, but he's currently at #7 with 739. I'm sure he'll go up, and easily beat me, but the point swings are HUGE and the way points work right now means a natural tendency toward around 800 points (above that the points you lose are equal to the points the opponent wins, and you start getting -40 points on a regular basis).

I haven't made the 900 point level, and I'm not expecting to because my matchmaking is pretty messed up right now. I just hope to land in the top 10 at midnight.
  • My bracket is pretty tight with about 150 pts separating first (950) and 10th (800).

I'm not getting huge overnight point swings though, i always end up around 850 or so when i wake up (950 or so when i go to bed).
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DecoyDuck wrote:

So does ours... in fact, I'm currently #1 at 828. Nemek, above, got to 1200 at some point, but he's currently at #7 with 739. I'm sure he'll go up, and easily beat me, but the point swings are HUGE and the way points work right now means a natural tendency toward around 800 points (above that the points you lose are equal to the points the opponent wins, and you start getting -40 points on a regular basis).

I haven't made the 900 point level, and I'm not expecting to because my matchmaking is pretty messed up right now. I just hope to land in the top 10 at midnight.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. Sat at #1 in mid-800s most of the week. There's some movement today and I'm at #5 at 801 points. I'm not poking my head into lightning rounds next week unless they significantly change. On one hand, I'm not getting attacked much, so it's potentially easier to stay near the top of my bracket. But it's also harder to find opponents worth the fight if I need to gain ground on someone who's rising in my bracket. Before getting tanked in the lightning rounds, I probably could've pushed to some of the higher progress rewards (and got pushed back down eventually, no doubt there). But there's no way I can expect to get much past 900 the way things currently look. It wouldn't be worth the push if I can't get to 1200 or beyond.
  • Is anyone else tournament down?

Patch incoming or server crash?