3* Tournament

Options

Comments

• Yeah, 1* already happened.. I hadn't even maxed any of my 1* at that point...

Sitting at 585 TP... #17 in my pool... already got my 600 TP rewards... taking the time to take a break from grinding and finishing off some prologue missions for some rewards...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah, 1* already happened.. I hadn't even maxed any of my 1* at that point...

Sitting at 585 TP... #17 in my pool... already got my 600 TP rewards... taking the time to take a break from grinding and finishing off some prologue missions for some rewards...

Not many people had maxed out 1*s...

I know I got a top 10 finish in that tourney, and my highest 1* is still only lvl 37. But, man, did I not understand how this game worked back then...

I do suspect we'll see another 1* tourney in the next month or two. Equalizing a large portion of the playerbase would be interesting to watch...
  • I've got IM35, Venom, Widow (39), Jugg, and Storm all maxed at 1* :p
  • I assume everyone will have maxed out 1* characters. Maybe they will have a tournament where all players are used but the 1* characters are super buffed, because everyone will pretty much have the same lineup.
  • I assume everyone will have maxed out 1* characters.

I doubt it, not when Storm and Thor were so readily available. I only have one 1* at max level.
  • I maxed out my 1's during the last one star tourney because you could heal them that way.
  • Competition seems to be a bit less fierce this time. I'm not sure if it's because the 3* Tourney excludes a lot of people, the lack of buff makes matches take longer, that it's the middle of the week, or if I have a better team (L40 4/2/2 IM40, L39 2/2/3 Widow, L25 Ragnarok with 2 red covers). Normally I wake up to about 200 points lost. This morning it was only 66.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    Competition seems to be a bit less fierce this time. I'm not sure if it's because the 3* Tourney excludes a lot of people, the lack of buff makes matches take longer, that it's the middle of the week, or if I have a better team (L40 4/2/2 IM40, L39 2/2/3 Widow, L25 Ragnarok with 2 red covers). Normally I wake up to about 200 points lost. This morning it was only 66.

I haven't started yet. Don't really have a good team and burnt from the weekend. Will probably start soon.
  • Don't be scared of the tourney. I had three low leveled characters (Hood, IM40, Grey Widow) and was able to get up to 500 pts.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Don't be scared of the tourney. I had three low leveled characters (Hood, IM40, Grey Widow) and was able to get up to 500 pts.

It's not the low levels that are putting me off this tournament, it's that most of my 3* characters have 1 ability, 2 at most; because of that, it's a slow slugfest that's too boring to keep my interest and the rewards just aren't good enough to overcome the boredom.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hogunner wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Don't be scared of the tourney. I had three low leveled characters (Hood, IM40, Grey Widow) and was able to get up to 500 pts.

It's not the low levels that are putting me off this tournament, it's that most of my 3* characters have 1 ability, 2 at most; because of that, it's a slow slugfest that's too boring to keep my interest and the rewards just aren't good enough to overcome the boredom.
    That, and because of the match length, you have to take a health pack or two every couple fights too. I really wish I had a single 3* that could actually use all this green that rag and grey widow generate.

Also, I thought I was so smart waiting for lightning rounds to start, but then I got in zzzWolph's bracket (not that I'm aiming for anything more than not-juggernaut anyway)
  • If I get 1-25, no need to sell, I get more Spider-Man covers. At 26-50, after selling I get 375 ISO and 50 HP. If I drop down to 51-100, after selling I get 550 ISO and 50 HP.
  • Sitting at #3 in my bracket at 792 points. I cannot find a single match that's worth more than 20 points, either last night or this morning. Last night I hit skip for at least 10 minutes straight before giving up.
  • If I get 1-25, no need to sell, I get more Spider-Man covers. At 26-50, after selling I get 375 ISO and 50 HP. If I drop down to 51-100, after selling I get 550 ISO and 50 HP.
    This is a good point. For anyone that isn't already maxed on Cpt. America the lower tier prize is more valuable.
  • Nemek
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Sitting at #3 in my bracket at 792 points. I cannot find a single match that's worth more than 20 points, either last night or this morning. Last night I hit skip for at least 10 minutes straight before giving up.

It's been rather difficult to find high-point opponents. I went for 1200 last night, and it was brutal. If it weren't for those lightning rounds distracting people, I would have never even gotten close.
  • did you reach 2k? i just want to know if it's feasible right now (would attempt tonight or something)
  • Nemek
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    did you reach 2k? i just want to know if it's feasible right now (would attempt tonight or something)

2k??

I hit 1200 in the end.
  • Just want to ask that - anyone else get 1200 mark?
  • Spoit wrote:
    I thought I was so smart waiting for lightning rounds to start, but then I got in zzzWolph's bracket (not that I'm aiming for anything more than not-juggernaut anyway)

I'm in the same bracket. After zzzWolph it is not too bad. I'm currently 23 with only 322pts.
  • greggray24 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    I thought I was so smart waiting for lightning rounds to start, but then I got in zzzWolph's bracket (not that I'm aiming for anything more than not-juggernaut anyway)

I'm in the same bracket. After zzzWolph it is not too bad. I'm currently 23 with only 322pts.

Seriously? I'm 27 with 732..