3* Tournament

Options

Comments

• 700 is the highest i've gotten with my cobbled team. haven't faced off agianst the max level ragnaroks tho, so its been fairly easy, without getting hit once. 1200 seems like a dream still.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    There were a couple names I recognized on my way up the bracket, but nobody I was super afraid of. Right now, though...it seems like only a handful of people are 700+ in the tourney, but hopefully that picks up soon. I got to 900 this morning...and really just shooting for 1200 by Friday.

Didn't pay that much attention honestly... and you were at 900 but are already down to 696?

Good to see the regression is still in full force. icon_rolleyes.gif

You piss off a fair amount of strong teams on your way up the ladder icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nemek wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    Good to see the regression is still in full force. icon_rolleyes.gif

You piss off a fair amount of strong teams on your way up the ladder icon_e_sad.gif

I don't think it has anything to do with regression or pissing anybody off. As we've all experienced, once you top out on the ladder, everyone else is only worth 0-5 points, except for a small handful of other top-ranked players. That's where the retaliation wars begin.

Not that it matters (and you both should feel free to attack me as much as you want if it'll get you the points, my feelings won't be hurt icon_lol.gif ), but I've tried to steer clear of yourselves and a couple other people I know from the forums out of respect. But in the last couple tournaments, it really wasn't easy. icon_e_sad.gif In many cases, I ended up repeatedly attacking the same people who were worth nonzero point values just because I could (and they didn't seem to be on at the time icon_razz.gif ). Later in the day, they would sign on and retaliate against me 5 times in a row, and I'd lose 200-300 points easy. That just seems to be the way of tourneys right now...
  • forgrim wrote:
    700 is the highest i've gotten with my cobbled team. haven't faced off agianst the max level ragnaroks tho, so its been fairly easy, without getting hit once. 1200 seems like a dream still.

I managed to get to 500. I don't have the firepower for much more than that.
  • I haven't even started yet. Trying to choose an optimal time to start to get a "good" bracket. Probably to no real effect, but gonna try.
  • Can we end the tournament right now? I'm #1 as people are busy beating up Nemek and I made 600. Clearly there is no point in continuing this any longer. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Zathrus wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    i woke up tonight and had gotten hit like 7 times in shield training and this tournament is to be blamed directly.

nehoo, after the heroic juggernaut event, started on this once using my rag/black widow/IM40 combo, swapping out IM40 for spidey every now and then. seems like a relatively tame event like the dark avengers tournament.

the goal is 600 since all the rewards past that is pretty useless, which is kinda...weak for people aiming for the 500 hp. i also only need top 10 since i have a 3 purple spidey so this is a more relaxed tournament for me.

I'm just hoping I can get a Yellow Spidey. That's all I want.

And thus far I seem to be in a fairly easy bracket -- started midday yesterday (figured that was after most of the first rush and before the rush from the Thor tournament); with 525 pts I'm in 4th.

Only person I recognize in the top 10 is Nemek.

I'm in the same bracket with you guys and agree it feels pretty easy so far. I'm not running a strong team as i don't have a Rag or anyone with tons of firepower. Current team is IM(40) 55, BW 40, spidey 43. I don't know if i can stay in the money but currently teetering around 10th. Really could use the cards for spidey as he is nowhere close to finished.
  • My opinion in that tournament.

Probably the same amount of players will achieve 1200 prize as in each week tournament. It does not matter what characters you are playing, on what level. It only matters how many player overall are playing in this tournament. It is obvious that not many players have 3* characters at maxed level. So characters at level 50 will be quite powerfull in this tournament and such players will be at the top of brackets and such players will give other 30 points after winning match.
  • I appear to be on a dramatically stagnant bracket. Sitting at number one with 900 and the closest.challenger hovers between 500 and 650. I guess I'm saying feel free to hit me for some points, I probably won't even retaliate unless someone starts pushing up on me.
  • Dralion wrote:
    I'm in the same bracket with you guys and agree it feels pretty easy so far. I'm not running a strong team as i don't have a Rag or anyone with tons of firepower. Current team is IM(40) 55, BW 40, spidey 43. I don't know if i can stay in the money but currently teetering around 10th. Really could use the cards for spidey as he is nowhere close to finished.

I'm running IM40 50-something (leveling him up as I can, max of 71), BW 33 (>53), and Rag 25 (>25). I expect to get smacked down hard by some people with real 3*'s, but so far most of the people attacking me are similar... I occasionally see high level Rags and such but I just skip them.

My other 3*'s are pitiful... I think the next highest is Hood at 25. Spidey doesn't have yellow, and Mags/Doom only have 1 cover each.

Coming to love BW's purple skill, and IM40 in general.
  • Just going on my experience so far, it seems like if you don't have a high level Rag then you're pretty much screwed on this one. I have a couple 3s at a reasonable level, but by the time they've built up enough AP to do something useful they're nearly dead from Rag spam. Not only that, but when my Iron Man does use an ability that just make things move even slower due to the AP drain.
  • This 3star event is pretty novel actually, I am finding that with the characters I am using (mag/spidey/hood) I can kill anyone, and come out at full health every battle. In fact not just kill them but never be threatened ever.

However it takes AGES (unless I get a lot of purple for mags) , so 20+ turns is common.

The other thing I notice is that in the losses that pop up when I log in, there are often some with 1 failed attempt, and there are, unbelievably, some wins. There was even a win with all 3 attempts used, how does that even happen?? lol.

I am sure there are some 5red skill rag + 5 green skill widow out there pulverising people in 4-5 turns, but I have to saw I am actually enjoying the pace, takes more time and a bit more thought to make sure you chose the right matches, get the right ap, deny tiles to the opposition etc.
  • Aleatory wrote:
    This 3star event is pretty novel actually, I am finding that with the characters I am using (mag/spidey/hood) I can kill anyone, and come out at full health every battle. In fact not just kill them but never be threatened ever.

However it takes AGES (unless I get a lot of purple for mags) , so 20+ turns is common.

The other thing I notice is that in the losses that pop up when I log in, there are often some with 1 failed attempt, and there are, unbelievably, some wins. There was even a win with all 3 attempts used, how does that even happen?? lol.

I am sure there are some 5red skill rag + 5 green skill widow out there pulverising people in 4-5 turns, but I have to saw I am actually enjoying the pace, takes more time and a bit more thought to make sure you chose the right matches, get the right ap, deny tiles to the opposition etc.

I've started using doom/spidey/IM40 and coming out full and ready to go also. The difference is Doom allows me to win quickly once I generate some blue or black ap. However, once I log off I'm throwing my Rags out instead of IM40 as a deterrent. And yep I've finally started logging in to see some successful defenses. Love it
  • Aleatory wrote:
    It happens because people (like me) don't have good 3-stars. My matchmaking rank is high from previous tournies, so I have no choice but to fight people with significantly better teams. IM40(60)/Widow(30)/Anything(20). I'm only participating because there are no other events. Seeing a lot of 141 Spideys, Widows, Hoods, etc and of course max Rags.
  • The one thing this tournament does highlight,is the lack of ay stun ability among the 3 star heroes.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    The one thing this tournament does highlight,is the lack of ay stun ability among the 3 star heroes.

Lack stun ability? icon_eek.gif What about Spider-man Classic?

All Tied Up - Blue 6 AP
    Spider-Man wraps up the target in webbing, adding a new Yellow Web tile to the board and then stunning the enemy for 1 turn for each Web tile on the board (to a maximum of 5 turns).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Costs 1 AP less. Level 3: Costs 1 AP less. Level 4: Costs 1 AP less. Level 5: Costs 1 AP less.
  • Also highlights how useful some champs could be if we take out Thor/C.Storm. I think having a tourney where Thor, C.Storm, Rag, Spidey were all disabled would be pretty interesting but I don't know what kind of theme that would be, though, unless they do a 1-star tourney (not that interesting)
  • Lol I can't believe I forgot about him. It's probably because I never get to use him since I only have one cover.
  • Also highlights how useful some champs could be if we take out Thor/C.Storm.
    I'd love to use some of the 3* characters in tournaments, but I can't because I don't have enough covers. Thor and C.Storm are my only high level 2* characters*, therefore they should be the best characters I have unless there is something seriously wrong with the star system, and I imagine it's the same for a lot of people.

*ignoring Daken. And Bag-Man.
  • Also highlights how useful some champs could be if we take out Thor/C.Storm. I think having a tourney where Thor, C.Storm, Rag, Spidey were all disabled would be pretty interesting but I don't know what kind of theme that would be, though, unless they do a 1-star tourney (not that interesting)

Think the 1* tournament happened already (before I started). I think it would be interesting to see a no C.Storm no Rag tournament at the very least.