3* Tournament

Options

Comments

• Oh, I'm sorry. I read that the wrong way.
  • Aiolia wrote:
    Nahh is not about that I'm grouped as Blacklisted ! . The last 30 minutes a sudden attack from black widow tournament I lost 356 points. But I still made it to the #1. I'm a threat to players. That is what I mean.

I think a lot of us that consistently finish in the top 2 (or even 10-15) think we are being targeted like that, but the reality is we are worth ~40 points to the mean score player, so of course they save us in their queue to hit in the last few minutes for a big push. It's resulted in more than one curse word uttered.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    Aiolia wrote:
    Nahh is not about that I'm grouped as Blacklisted ! . The last 30 minutes a sudden attack from black widow tournament I lost 356 points. But I still made it to the #1. I'm a threat to players. That is what I mean.

I think a lot of us that consistently finish in the top 2 (or even 10-15) think we are being targeted like that, but the reality is we are worth ~40 points to the mean score player, so of course they save us in their queue to hit in the last few minutes for a big push. It's resulted in more than one curse word uttered.

Yeah, I would say it's probably not personal, just the way the system works that higher ranked player is worth a lot more points. I know I do the same thing
  • Anyone else have their tournament greyed out? I was sitting at 790 pts and then I got locked out of the tourney. Tried force closing and reloading multiple times but it isn't working. Everything else is working fine.

*edit* working again. Ignore me.
  • Why are there 1 star players that I play against in the 3 star tournament?
  • OliverTan wrote:
    Why are there 1 star players that I play against in the 3 star tournament?

You mean, why do some people have 1-star characters in their lineup? I noticed that some 'players' have teams which don't conform to the tournament rules.
  • those are the random npc characters probably to help boost points up (lightning tourneys have the 0 25 50 opponents that are clearly just there to help move things along)
  • forgrim wrote:
    those are the random npc characters probably to help boost points up (lightning tourneys have the 0 25 50 opponents that are clearly just there to help move things along)

No, I don't think so...
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    No, I don't think so...
    There are a few seed teams in the Tourneys that use base characters, as stated above. I know for sure that there's an Iron Man (Model 35)/Magneto (Classic) and a Hawkeye (Classic) / Storm (Modern) one in there.
  • Oh, ok. I've seen a team with Thor as well. I thought those teams followed the tournament rules. My mistake.
  • Now i have Widow at 0/1/4 and IM40 at 3/2/3 ... which one should i pump ISO-8 into ? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • IMO - 40 is the most versatile. He will be a core part of any team in this tournament I think. Unless you have maxed other 3 stars. icon_e_wink.gif
  • i'm not joining this tournament yet. but it should be only 3star heroes can be used right?
  • Now i have Widow at 0/1/4 and IM40 at 3/2/3 ... which one should i pump ISO-8 into ? icon_e_surprised.gif

Easily IM40. These matches are lasting long enough to kick off even high AP abilities, and IM40's blue is very nice at the level most of the opponents are at.
  • Tried IM40, widow, and rag (instead of hood) for a few matches, Thunderclap + widow is crazy enough that widow will probably get nerfed. icon_razz.gif

Not enough rag covers for him to take hits though, and he was matching green.
  • Tried IM40, widow, and rag (instead of hood) for a few matches, Thunderclap + widow is crazy enough that widow will probably get nerfed. icon_razz.gif

Not enough rag covers for him to take hits though, and he was matching green.
    Widow doesn't actually have attack in green.

I find it funny that the solution to your problem is to nerf Widow and not Ragnarok. Reminds me of the strike tile nerf where people insinuated that Daken is the problem in the Daken+Rag team.
  • i woke up tonight and had gotten hit like 7 times in shield training and this tournament is to be blamed directly.

nehoo, after the heroic juggernaut event, started on this once using my rag/black widow/IM40 combo, swapping out IM40 for spidey every now and then. seems like a relatively tame event like the dark avengers tournament.

the goal is 600 since all the rewards past that is pretty useless, which is kinda...weak for people aiming for the 500 hp. i also only need top 10 since i have a 3 purple spidey so this is a more relaxed tournament for me.
  • forgrim wrote:
    i woke up tonight and had gotten hit like 7 times in shield training and this tournament is to be blamed directly.

nehoo, after the heroic juggernaut event, started on this once using my rag/black widow/IM40 combo, swapping out IM40 for spidey every now and then. seems like a relatively tame event like the dark avengers tournament.

the goal is 600 since all the rewards past that is pretty useless, which is kinda...weak for people aiming for the 500 hp. i also only need top 10 since i have a 3 purple spidey so this is a more relaxed tournament for me.

I'm just hoping I can get a Yellow Spidey. That's all I want.

And thus far I seem to be in a fairly easy bracket -- started midday yesterday (figured that was after most of the first rush and before the rush from the Thor tournament); with 525 pts I'm in 4th.

Only person I recognize in the top 10 is Nemek.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    i woke up tonight and had gotten hit like 7 times in shield training and this tournament is to be blamed directly.

I'm just hoping I can get a Yellow Spidey. That's all I want.

And thus far I seem to be in a fairly easy bracket -- started midday yesterday (figured that was after most of the first rush and before the rush from the Thor tournament); with 525 pts I'm in 4th.

Only person I recognize in the top 10 is Nemek.

There were a couple names I recognized on my way up the bracket, but nobody I was super afraid of. Right now, though...it seems like only a handful of people are 700+ in the tourney, but hopefully that picks up soon. I got to 900 this morning...and really just shooting for 1200 by Friday.
  • Nemek wrote:
    There were a couple names I recognized on my way up the bracket, but nobody I was super afraid of. Right now, though...it seems like only a handful of people are 700+ in the tourney, but hopefully that picks up soon. I got to 900 this morning...and really just shooting for 1200 by Friday.

Didn't pay that much attention honestly... and you were at 900 but are already down to 696?

Good to see the regression is still in full force. icon_rolleyes.gif