• IM-40 lvl57 up to 92
    Widow grey lvl27 up to 64
    Loki lvl15 up to 38
    Doom lvl15 up to 25 (only 2 blues)
    Spiderman lvl15 up to 25 (only 2 blues)
    Rag lvl18
    Mags lvl18
    4*Wolvie lvl30 (just the green)

SO I think I am going IM-40 with Grey widow and Doom or Mags hopefully can draw a cover for them with the heroic tokens.icon_e_smile.gif
    Good luck everyone! (btw i REALLY need to farm some iso for this lol)
  • All my 3*'s are level 75 or higher (I believe I have them all).
  • I'll be runnin a 6x iron man, 77 spidey and probably a 3x grey widow. Assuming I place top 15 in heroic. Realistically the widow doesn't fit, but I only have one red rag cover and I don't really wanna spend the hp raising his red.
  • I'm going to enjoy seeing/using more varied teams this time - been getting tired of ye old C.Storm + Thor combo.

Got:
    IM40 43 (>89) (red + blue + yellow)
    BW Grey Suit 15 (>28) (red + purple)
    Magneto Classic 18 (>18) (blue + red)
    Spidey Classic 18 (>18) (blue + purple)
    Loki 30 (>51) (purple + black)
    The Hood 15 (>15) (blue)

Thinking might go with IM40, Loki and Magneto.
  • Will be a struggle for me. Only 3 star cover with any kind of cover count is Iron Man 40 mostly form the Heroic Jugg event. Just got some widows suit as well and should get a few more from Heroic Jugg. Suspect this event will benefit those who use HP for covers (I tend to save them for slots) and/or big IAP spenders. Wonder if they are not making good money since the decisions lately seem to be focused on monetization. Either that or they just wanted to give us a break from Thor / Classic Storm for a change icon_e_smile.gif
  • This tournament definitely isn't for a player my level, but it's nice to have a change in pace. Some great prizes for high tier players too. I am expecting my low level 3* covers get completely destroyed, and I'm okay with that icon_e_smile.gif
  • I'll probably be using Spiderman, G.Widow, and Ragnarok. I believe all the color strengths are represented, no black ability though. Spiderman for the heal, Ragnarok gets red and feeds G.Widow. G.Widow fires off sniper rifle.

I may consider using Spiderman, Magneto, but I'll need to experiment to find out who a good third would be.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    96 Magneto (Classic) / 52 Dr. Doom / 25 Rag (2 red, 5 greens), didn't want to join the Rag bandwagon but don't have many other 3 Stars to use that can tank

Not much synergy with my team, Magneto and Rag red conflict, Doom and Mags blue conflict.

We'll see how this goes
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    90 mag, 60 spidey and not sure who to use for 3rd, not a lot of choices, might have to be Hood at L42 ... got a 52 rag but doesn't really do much good on his own, got nothing to use the green tiles with, rags green power is ... ****.

I think its gonna be stun lock spidey and death by purple magneto and some random hanger on
  • Aleatory wrote:
    90 mag, 60 spidey and not sure who to use for 4th, not a lot of choices, might have to be Hood at L42 ... got a 52 rag but doesn't really do much good on his own, got nothing to use the green tiles with, rags green power is ... ****.

I think its gonna be stun lock spidey and death by purple magneto and some random hanger on

There aren't many green powers. Godlike ability, Sniper Rifle, and I think that's it. Magneto's purple needs as many red and blue tiles as possible, and as equal in number as possible. Loki's illusions is purple so that's no good. Rag can swap out 16 tiles and do a bit of damage. Small chance of match, get in some new tiles if red and blues are lacking.

Magneto's purple will swap Dr. Doom's red demon tiles. I imagine demons flung across the battlefield...
  • Can we expect new cover pack's during this 3* Tournament ?

Or should I just hope for some luck, and spend HP on heroic tokens ? icon_e_smile.gif
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    This tournament definitely isn't for a player my level, but it's nice to have a change in pace. Some great prizes for high tier players too. I am expecting my low level 3* covers get completely destroyed, and I'm okay with that icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, that's part of the problem I have with this tournament. It will only widen the gap between players, players who have already plenty of good characters will win even more good covers, while low tier/new players won't be able to gain anything.
  • Shikao wrote:
    Yeah, that's part of the problem I have with this tournament. It will only widen the gap between players, players who have already plenty of good characters will win even more good covers, while low tier/new players won't be able to gain anything.

Seems like a trend, didn't had a team for the last lightning rounds which leaves me with basically no team for this weeks tourney... I hope solo IM40 from the juggs heroic can carry me at least to some progression rewards.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Aleatory wrote:
    90 mag, 60 spidey and not sure who to use for 4th, not a lot of choices, might have to be Hood at L42 ... got a 52 rag but doesn't really do much good on his own, got nothing to use the green tiles with, rags green power is ... ****.

There aren't many green powers. Godlike ability, Sniper Rifle, and I think that's it. Magneto's purple needs as many red and blue tiles as possible, and as equal in number as possible. Loki's illusions is purple so that's no good. Rag can swap out 16 tiles and do a bit of damage. Small chance of match, get in some new tiles if red and blues are lacking.

Magneto's purple will swap Dr. Doom's red demon tiles. I imagine demons flung across the battlefield...

Testing shows .... killing people is sloooooooooooooooow. 91mag/60spidey/42hood.

Can stun lock them, chip away with tile matches and magneto red skill, heal any damage that I take, but the only damaging skill is Mags purple (which when triggered insta kills someone), even hood yellow is low damage, though you get a chunk of AP.

Definitely need some sort of serious damage, even a low level Doom is looking good to me at the moment!

I am starting to think people with Rag/Widow are going to potentially do very well in this event, its looking like the best pure 3 star combo I can see at the moment.
  • This is another blow below the belt for european players. They have had (almost) no chance to rank <25 in most of the previous tournaments as these tournaments end in the middle of the night for them. Result: no / really few 3* Covers
    Now there is a tournament where you can only use these covers that you didn't get.
  • Ganghofer wrote:
    This is another blow below the belt for european players. They have had (almost) no chance to rank <25 in most of the previous tournaments as these tournaments end in the middle of the night for them. Result: no / really few 3* Covers
    Now there is a tournament where you can only use these covers that you didn't get.
    Yep.
  • Don't worry I think i won't be playing nothing to win, spidey cover full, daken cover full, juggernaut cover full and captain America cover full. Nothing to win, Dev is slacking about the reward. The only thing to aim is 1200 500 hp that's all.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Anyone with enough high level 3 stars would only care about winning to win. Nothing really worth winning for me. Change the awards to be 5000 ISO or 1500 HP. For players that will earn, or will earn a 3* in this tournament, the ISO and HP would be good for upgrading their 3*... a bit.

Please consider putting in freebie characters for everyone to play. Instead of a level 15 character with 1 ability, put in all the 3 star characters at low to mid level (level 43, 51, 64 perhaps) , with abilities 13/13 to showcase their full abilities.

Spiderman yellow and blue. (can't really show off purple without lots of web tiles anyway, would it activate against IM40's countdown timers?)
    G.Widow green and purple (pistols is meh, kinda pricey with no AP to show... have only needed it to take out countdown timers in a pinch, I think I myself would have rather kept it to 2x2 tiles at level 2 - cheaper)
    Magneto blue and purple (red is okay, but not really something to show off)
    The Hood's yellow and blue (black good for IM40's countdown timers, of which there are 3, so 5/5/3 ability is good)
    and then Loki, Dr Doom, and Ragnarok have only 2 abilities

I think that covers all 3-stars

Actually, at level 64 they have a decent chance of winning against a max level team.

[My interest is getting players who have 3* a reason to play, and those without 3* a way to play]
  • Aiolia wrote:
    Don't worry I think i won't be playing nothing to win, spidey cover full, daken cover full, juggernaut cover full and captain America cover full. Nothing to win, Dev is slacking about the reward. The only thing to aim is 1200 500 hp that's all.

No offense, but you represent about .1 percent of the current user base.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Aiolia wrote:
    Don't worry I think i won't be playing nothing to win, spidey cover full, daken cover full, juggernaut cover full and captain America cover full. Nothing to win, Dev is slacking about the reward. The only thing to aim is 1200 500 hp that's all.

No offense, but you represent about .1 percent of the current user base.

Nahh is not about that I'm grouped as Blacklisted ! . The last 30 minutes a sudden attack from black widow tournament I lost 356 points. But I still made it to the #1. I'm a threat to players. That is what I mean.