New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    barrok said:
    zulux21 said:
    scottee said:
    bbigler said:
     Somebody at D3 screwed this up. 
    I don't think they ever intended it to be 100% cleared for all rewards. That was just forum speculation. An alliance having to make a choice on what to target sounds like exactly what they intended.
    I'm fine with that, it's the no-room-for-error on the top end that aggravates me a little.

Oh well, lesson learned.  We'll settle for 7/8 LTs and remember this for next time.
    yeah... the no room for error on the top end means that any alliance that is playing nice with some newer (only been playing for a year or so) players is actively getting screwed because of those players.

as I said, my alliance has no issues in general clearing the alliance events so we haven't minded in the past bringing a few newer players with us.

I might have to reevaluate that going forward if carrying newer players is going to be a liability and lock the long term players out of rewards :/
    Maybe I misunderstand this, but you can get around 156k I think if all 10 players hit the deadly node and get max points. Max rewards is 142k. So I do feel like you have some room for error. About 90% of a player worth of an error I think.
    when I said room for error I was talking about having any players not go to the correct nodes.
    if any player felt they would rather do hard or normal they can't the alliance won't be able to do both sides of the hardest.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Are we assuming that the nodes reset each day? Because if you have four days to complete them 5 players could do both hard nodes.  Unless I'm missing something?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Are we assuming that the nodes reset each day? Because if you have four days to complete them 5 players could do both hard nodes.  Unless I'm missing something?

The nodes reset every 24hrs and so do the Alliance rewards. The individual Progression rewards and points for them do not reset.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Did someone by any chance have total on node rewards for every difficulty level?

And also, the alli points shown in alli ranks seem to be off. I was designated 10th hitter on savaged land, so it was just about done before i even started the sub and might have missed some progress bar somewhere, but alli rank should show combined progress, right?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Don't get me wrong I like it when they add new content to the game, but this seems like a glorified version of our daily PVE grind. The only difference is better rewards.

The mission structure is the same as any PVE, except now we only have to do optimal clears of 4 completions every 24hrs instead of 7. 

I'm just kind of disappointed. I was really excited, but quickly realized I'm doing the same thing I do every day. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    gentgeen said:
    Not all my alliance has reported in yet, but another thing I found odd was the point difference between sub-chapters.  Or maybe better put, the fact that there IS a difference, but very minor...

Deadly - Savage Land  = 15,680
    Deadly - Wakanda   = 15,320

Hard   - Kamar-Taj   = 15,320
    Hard   - Sokovia       = 15,260

Normal - Greenwich  = 15,680 (Same as the higher deadly? Why wouldn't this be 15,260)
    Normal - Kun-Lun     = 15,680

Why the different point values between the two Subs in a given level? And if your gonna make them different,  why would you not make it enough of a difference to have some kind of effect (like only needing 9 players instead of 10 )

EDIT:  And with these numbers, the ones that finish normal end up higher ranked then those that did "hard" or "Wakanda" ???

Just thought of something about this, as it felt strange from the start. It does help to see who went what side i guess.. but if that was the reason behind it, all should have had unique numbers probably..

so right back to strange, cause Dr Strange is behind it all?
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    So been doing some math and reviewing all the posts... some "best practices" ideas I have come to ...

POINT 1:  Assuming everyone can do full clear in a 'city', each city (sub chapter) has a maximum number for return (max ROI for you business like people)  :

10 people for Deady City
    6 people for a Hard City
    4 people for a Normal City

So for example, the 5th person in a "normal city" does not provide any benefit to the alliance, and he/she should go to the other "normal city".    

POINT 2:  (guessing at this one) You can get by with 2 of the 3 required characters and still have a 'full clear'.  My example is you can have 5 people not have Thanos (5*) in Wakanda, and still make full progression reward.   

POINT 3:  You can not get max progression _AND_ protect all 6 cities.  You have to choose which cities you will let fall (assuming you want max progression reward).   

Once you take those 3 things into mind, you then have to look at your alliance roster. 

For example, we have a strong alliance, we could do the 10-10 'best rewards' option, but I think four or five of our members would be struggling enough that it would not be any fun to play.   Probably best for us is 10 - 4 (at deadly) and 6 at hard.  That will be best rewards, but also still be enjoyable for all. 

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I guess one other tip is that if you aren't in a top alliance don't just focus on maximum progression.
    In my alliance, we've got seven people playing the deadly Savage Land area with four hitting maximum points so far. While it is likely we would have been able to hit maximum progression on one of the hard areas, we've already received 20 CP so far and a lot more purple and red iso-8 by playing deadly.
    We are missing out on some anniversary tokens, but I think the other resources make up for it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I have just 1 last thing to say about this: my alliance is PVE focused and finishes t25 or t50, so we're pretty serious.  For this event, we all had the impression that optimal play was dividing ourselves among the subs, so when the event started, everyone did that.  By the time we realized that was a bad idea, it was too late.  So, because of the false impression we were given that we could obtain all alliance rewards if we divided ourselves properly, my strong alliance is now missing out on the best rewards. 
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Hey everyone,

We are making the event live now! One small change is that all the Places of Power Event tokens have been swapped for Anniversary Vault Tokens.

We are Demiurge are very excited to see how people like the event! Enjoy!

-Demiurge_Anthony
    @Brigby or @Demiu@Demiurge_Anthony....
    it looks like the PoP event vault is there, so I just wondered why the switch and if the PoP vault would ever have tokens (or just buying with HP for now)

giving Anniversary Vault tokens is good, just wondered about he future and if there was an issue with that Vault
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I have just 1 last thing to say about this: my alliance is PVE focused and finishes t25 or t50, so we're pretty serious.  For this event, we all had the impression that optimal play was dividing ourselves among the subs, so when the event started, everyone did that.  By the time we realized that was a bad idea, it was too late.  So, because of the false impression we were given that we could obtain all alliance rewards if we divided ourselves properly, my strong alliance is now missing out on the best rewards. 
    Not sure we were ever given anything that said we could obtain all rewards for every sub. I read the posts by Brigby and Ice-X and they never said that an alliance could get every reward in every sub every day. Brigby simply said it was possible to complete both deadly nodes each day and get the 2 LT's (which it is).

On the other hand it was clearly obvious to me that it was going to be impossible to get all the rewards for all the subs every day. That was simple math based on individual progression being only 40k over 4 days or roughly 10K a day. If you assume that per alliance that's roughly 200K a day and that comes no where close to the totals of all the individual subs.

Thus when the event started I entered the deadly node 1st and did one full clear and saw that roughly 4X that total meant we'd need 10 people to get progression. Then I co-ordinated my alliance accordingly.  I presumed everyone else was doing the same based on the comments in this thread that suggested doing exactly that (esp since there is 24 hrs to complete it).

Anyway at most you missed out on 2 LT's (but you got other rewards instead) because tomorrow you can all chose differently and finish both deadly nodes (though others have suggested the rewards might be better just completing 1 and the partly completing the 2 hard and the other deadly).

KGB
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    gentgeen said:

POINT 1:  Assuming everyone can do full clear in a 'city', each city (sub chapter) has a maximum number for return (max ROI for you business like people)  :

10 people for Deady City
    6 people for a Hard City
    4 people for a Normal City

Interestingly, all divisible by two and add up to a total of 20. So if the points do scale up on later days, and arrive at something like double, a 2/2/3/3/5/5 split on the final day might allow you to save all six cities and max out the rewards.

I'm sceptical that the points are going to change at all, but if it does work out like that it'd suggest a surprising level of planning and organisation in the creation of the event.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    Its basically DDQ but tied to your alliance.

This is the type of even that should run weekly along side normal events and be alliance based...

I appreciate the new content, but its convoluted and really more of a pain (and kinda boring as an event)  If this was just an weekly event I'd appreciate it much more. Switch up characters on Nodes and keep it fresh.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    A new showcase event for your 5th year anniversary.

And you wheel out the Dark Avengers again.

Unbelievable.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler said:
    I agree because my alliance suffered the same experience....we managed in time to send the players who joined later in a single deadly node so at least we got 1 LT....
    But even with this bitter taste in my mouth, in my opinion this is the BEST event ever and I hope they could change the PVE whole structure and give us PVE with progression rewards only  ;)