New Event - Places of Power *Updated (10/11/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Update: All the Places of Power Event tokens have been swapped for Anniversary Vault Tokens.
=====
Hi Everyone,

At 12:00 pm EST on October 11th, we will be debuting an all new type of Story event called Places of Power. Places of Power is a non-competitive Alliance event that requires coordination and teamwork to earn the best rewards. 

Doctor Strange has tasked you and your Alliance with protecting six locations of great mystical importance. Each day, each member of the Alliance can choose which of the locations they wish to defend. Take on harder locations to clear tougher Score Targets and earn better rewards!

On the Parent Chapter, locations are grouped by difficulty - Normal (Green), Hard (Yellow), and Deadly (Red). Completing one of these Missions grants access to the location’s Sub-Chapter of the corresponding difficulty, and locks you out of the rest of the Places of Power.

Each Sub-Chapter features a new kind of reward - Alliance Progress Rewards. Each Alliance member in a Sub-Chapter will earn points towards that Sub-Chapter's score. When your Alliance crosses a score threshold for these rewards in a Sub-Chapter, all members of your Alliance participating in the Event receive that reward - even if they're not in that Sub-Chapter.

An Alliance coordinating efficiently can send different players to multiple locations, in order to bring back the maximum amount of rewards for the Alliance. Be careful, though - stretch your roster too thin and you won't be able to earn the best rewards in each Sub-Chapter.

To help you coordinate, located below each mission in the parent chapter is an indicator that shows you how many of your Alliance members have joined each location, as well as how many points your Alliance has earned towards the Alliance Progression rewards in that location. New locations and new rewards are available every day.

Details:

Alliance Event

• You will need to join or start an Alliance to participate in this event.
  • Please be careful when switching Alliances before this event. Before you start playing, you’ll be asked if you want to play this event with your current Alliance members.
  • This event is for 20 players.
    • The first 20 people to join the event with a specific Alliance are locked in with those 20 people for the duration of the event.
    • If you join the event and there are 20 people already grouped up for the event, you will join the event separate from the other 20 people.
  • Players earn individual Progression Rewards in the main Places of Power event.
  • Each member of the Alliance contributes points towards Alliance Progress rewards in their specific Sub-Chapter.
  • When your Alliance reaches the score for an Alliance Progress Reward in a Sub-Chapter, that reward is given to every member of the Alliance in the Places of Power event, regardless of if they’re also in that Sub-Chapter or not.

General

• Double Iso-8

Parent Chapter

• Lists individual progression rewards.
  • Contains six missions.
    • Two missions for each difficulty.
      • Normal: (Levels 50-170)
      • Hard: (Levels 110-225)
      • Deadly: (Levels 200-370)
    • New missions are available for each difficulty each day.
    • Join a location’s Sub-Chapter by completing its mission.
      • All other locations are then locked.
      • All locations unlock at the beginning of each day.
      • Each player can choose a different location (but should coordinate with Alliance to maximize rewards!)
  • Each location lists how many players are defending that locations and how many points has been contributed to the location’s score.

Sub-Chapters

• Lists the Alliance progression rewards
  • Points earned are contributed to the location score
  • Is available for 24 hours.
  • Contains twelve missions
    • Nine normal missions and three required missions
    • Each mission can be completed four times for points and mission rewards.
    • Missions do not regenerate points over time.

Reward Tables

Event Stores

• Places of Power Vault
    • 80 items
      • 1x Legendary token
      • 3x Beginner Supports tokens
      • 1x featured 4-Star cover
      • 2x random 4-Star covers
      • 3x featured 3-Star covers
      • 18x random 3-Star covers
      • 10x featured 2-Star covers
      • 42x random 2-Star covers

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the fun of a boss event,  without that troublesome boss . 
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    So, I'm trying to figure this out - for high-level alliances, it would still be in our overall best interest to having people doing the "normal" and "Hard" sub-chapters, rather than just all jumping into "Deadly?"
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Is there any information available on how many points are available in a sub-chapter per player? The number appears to be fixed according to the description of how the missions work within them.
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    I am also wondering if it would be better for my entire alliance to jump into deadly. We are strong enough. Or do we get more by splitting into other two categories?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    So, I'm trying to figure this out - for high-level alliances, it would still be in our overall best interest to having people doing the "normal" and "Hard" sub-chapters, rather than just all jumping into "Deadly?"
    The way I read it is, you can earn all those alliance rewards as long as your alliance splits evenly between doing the Normal, Hard and Deadly missions. 

If everyone jumps into the Deadly missions, then all the other alliance rewards will go to waste. 
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    pls also tell if there is any CP as node rewards in sub chapters? Also, any difference in amount in different difficulties?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    So is there a fixed location score that will take multiple days to earn the rewards listed under sub-chapter rewards?

If so surely the best plan is to all pile on to finish deadly nodes first for the leg token, then start on hard, then normal.  doesn't appear to be single day targets the way I read it
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Is this a 3 or 4 day event @Brigby, I don't see that listed here.

My guess is the 12,420 showing in the 1 screen is a full 4x clears on the deadly sub, so would need 12 total to get over the 142,000 alliance target.  So 24 total entries to clear both deadly subs.  Not sure if different for the hard and normal.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    So does each sub chapter give those rewards???

If I counted right, its 5 Places of Power tokens, 30 CP and 1 LT if you get max alliance progression in the sub chapter?

That's 30 tokens, 180 CP and 6 LTs????
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    This looks pretty cool! Does this event use the weekly boost list or does it have its own boost list? @Brigby
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    The sub-chapter icons all show "goons". i wonder if that's true or not?
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    am I missing something or are the rewards really bad?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    evade420 said:

Potential 2 LT's a day for entire alliance? Hardly seems bad...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    evade420 said:

I dont believe for a second that is what they are offering. I bet the sub chapter rewards are over the full 4 days so you only get 1 LT at the end of the 4 days in say deadly. 
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    evade420 said:

Yeah, I'm seeing 2 LTs a day and thinking that can't be right.  They have never been that generous with LTs.  
  • barrok
    barrok Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    It is 2 lt's per day. Plus all those CP!!!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    evade420 said:

Yeah, I'm seeing 2 LTs a day and thinking that can't be right.  They have never been that generous with LTs.  
    Theoretically 2 per day but how achievable will that be without sacrificing all the other rewards? We'll find out.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

well if that is the case then that's pretty awesome , but that's not how it reads to me. I think those rewards are for the whole event, but I'm not sure... @Brigby care to weigh in?