Gambit Character Update Details (6/26/18)

Comments

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    While I do believe this was needed, but he should have NEVER been released in the wild like he was. It is truly upsetting to know how much money that was dumped into this game because he was the meta of all meta’s this game has ever senn. Thousands of Thousands of dollars spent  to get him at a high level to be nerfed like OML.  Why trust any product that is put out into this game if this is what the result will be.
     Again, he needed a rebalance no doubt, but this just shows you your investment in the game isn’t worth anything when it can be ripped away. 
    This is also fair.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    This doesn't re-balance Gambit. It kills him dead.
    I think this was the issue the “don’t nerf!” crowd had. D3 has shown time and again that they can’t nerf without gutting. They did the nerf that was really a buff when the money was still rolling in but all of that has dried up now.

Sadly we wouldn’t fear the dreaded nerf bat as much if they showed they knew how to change a character without killing them. Ah well. Gotta decide what to do with my Gambit. 
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    IceIX said:
    So if I use gambit even once during the next season I get a free LL? Does it have to be pvp or does pve nodes work too?
    He needs to be used in an event in the Mind Stone Season.
    Thanks for the clarification. So if I used my 0/3/2 gambit in any mind Stone event then I’m fine? Even if it’s just against a seed team or two?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay!  Still not a bad character, but lots of other 5-stars are now at least somewhat usable.  Use him in against a seed team, and get an LT for your troubles is a nice touch.
  • sirwookieechris

While I do believe this was needed, but he should have NEVER been released in the wild like he was. It is truly upsetting to know how much money that was dumped into this game because he was the meta of all meta’s this game has ever seen.  Thousands of Thousands of dollars spent  to get him at a high level to be nerfed like OML.  Why trust any product that is put out into this game if this is what the result will be.
     Again, he needed a rebalance no doubt, but this just shows you your investment in the game isn’t worth anything when it can be ripped away. 
    I wonder if gambit 3.0 was the default gambit originally released if all these people would still be saying this nerf makes him useless.

(to be clear I’m not calling you out, it’s just that your comment brought this thought to mind)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards

While I do believe this was needed, but he should have NEVER been released in the wild like he was. It is truly upsetting to know how much money that was dumped into this game because he was the meta of all meta’s this game has ever seen.  Thousands of Thousands of dollars spent  to get him at a high level to be nerfed like OML.  Why trust any product that is put out into this game if this is what the result will be.
    I wonder if gambit 3.0 was the default gambit originally released if all these people would still be saying this nerf makes him useless.

(to be clear I’m not calling you out, it’s just that your comment brought this thought to mind)
    There are plenty of 4* characters who fell into obscurity right after release.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    no longer the meta get ready for a new shiny thing to be introduced for later that thing also to be nerfed 
  • sirwookieechris
    Borstock said:

Of course there is. As someone in the 4* tier I know perfectly well which 4* are worth investing in and which can wait (kraven).

But does new gambit really suck, or does he suck compared to gambit 2.0?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    Seems reasonable. Is there any indication of how much iso we would get back for selling him? At minimum, it needs to be enough to champ a hero from level 255.
    Level 450: 369,102 Iso-8
    Level 550: 564,000 Iso-8
    Thanks for the info. That is too low though, only enough to champ a 4 star, not a 5.
  • Grizz875
    Grizz875 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    would like to second @Balefire request. My gambit is significantly higher than all my other chars. Would love to sell off 40 levels or so. Pretty big punch in the gut to have a character like that in Latest Legends around digital day and then nerf him hard 6 months later
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby said:
    Seems reasonable. Is there any indication of how much iso we would get back for selling him? At minimum, it needs to be enough to champ a hero from level 255.
    Level 450: 369,102 Iso-8
    Level 550: 564,000 Iso-8
    Thanks for the info. That is too low though, only enough to champ a 4 star, not a 5.
    To be fair though, I believe you only need a little under 10,000 more Iso-8 to Champion a 5-Star character.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler

YES!!!!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Borstock said:

Of course there is. As someone in the 4* tier I know perfectly well which 4* are worth investing in and which can wait (kraven).

I honestly think he is dead useless.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gambit and Goblin as friends? Protecting those repeaters/countdowns would go a long way...

I'll need to try it and then consider possibly selling him off.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:

I honestly think he is dead useless.
    All 3 powers hit.  We will have to see once live. It would be great if we would get to test this in a simulator event.  Remember when they would do this for a season?  That would be a good idea.