Gambit Character Update Details (6/26/18)

Comments

• Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    JHawkInc said:
    ALSO:
    • Thor (Gladiator)
    • (Unannounced)
    • Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    Wonder who that'll be? 

Clearly a new character soon.

Throg? Ultimo? Toad? Two-Gun Kid? Ulik? U.S. Agent? Union Jack? A comic variant of Valkyrie? Venom (Lee Price)? Viper? A Young Avengers version of Vision? Vulcan? A green and fuzzy Vulture? Warwolf? Whiplash? Whizzer?

WHO COULD IT BE?!
    Dazzler. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    Brigby said:

The Marvel Legends store contains only the following 5-star characters:
    • Black Panther (Civil War)
    • Captain America (Infinity War)
    • Daredevil (Matt Murdock)
    • Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
    • Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations)
    • Okoye (Warrior General)
    • Thanos (The Mad Titan)
    • Thor (Gladiator)
    • (Unannounced)
    Should have narrowed the available 5* from the compensation store to the above. Otherwise there’s still too much opportunity to pull garbage. You left out Doc Ock but left in Banner Hulk? Why? Or was that an oversight and you can get Doc Ock from the comp store?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    People shocked that a new 5* is listed here, why?  We are due very soon.  Right on their 4/4/5 * schedule.  
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 761 Critical Contributor
    Will be great to get 13 new 5* covers but have a bad feeling I’ll get mostly duplicates 

rather than leaving it to chance why not allow people the chance to champ a different character 

i only have 1 champed 5* which is gambit, so I’d rather have the chance to champ Thor or thanos 
  • beyonderbub

hope people enjoy Thor, okoye and JJ non stop now.
    This. Already see it now. I effectively used my Gambit vs that team above since I didn’t have okoye champed. 

Another reason Gambit came in handy was he allowed me to retal against snipers with level 500-550s (even against GamThor) with my own baby champ GamThor with some boosts and strategic waiting out and use of Gambits Red/purple to neuter the opponent team. That’s not happening once this nerf is implemented. Who does that really benefit? Let 500+ teams just walk into pvp placement from now on. They’ll just fight it out amongst themselves. If you’ve got baby champs, good luck placing in the top 5 or top 10 without sniping a late flipped bracket. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    evade420 said:
    So does his black no longer block other friendly red and purple powers ?
    You still can't use them as long as he's active.
    Too bad , that would have possibly made this nerf not hurt so much
  • beyonderbub
    658_2 said:
    Your 450 Gambit probably isn’t taking out 500+ characters too often, but is that really a bad thing? 
    My 473 Gambit was able to take 500+ teams out AND really helpful chewing through A teams in pvp when no one was out grilling while I was climbing. Only time will tell. With the new pvp style of play, this nerf is probably mitigated since with enough play, everyone can hit progression eventually; however you’re not hopping into meaningful placement anytime soon if you are taking on teams above your weight
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor

hope people enjoy Thor, okoye and JJ non stop now.
    This. Already see it now. I effectively used my Gambit vs that team above since I didn’t have okoye champed. 

Another reason Gambit came in handy was he allowed me to retal against snipers with level 500-550s (even against GamThor) with my own baby champ GamThor with some boosts and strategic waiting out and use of Gambits Red/purple to neuter the opponent team. That’s not happening once this nerf is implemented. Who does that really benefit? Let 500+ teams just walk into pvp placement from now on. They’ll just fight it out amongst themselves. If you’ve got baby champs, good luck placing in the top 5 or top 10 without sniping a late flipped bracket. 
    Yup this is lowkey a buff for all 550 alliances/players out there. It's not much if anything that can challenge them at all now. Which you know whatever... But if you thought fighting gambit was lame you're gonna love spending more time to take similar damage fighting JJ/thor or Okoye. 

People think there pvp options opened up when the door actually just closed significantly 

Game just got alot hard for people who only really had 5 gambit champed. Its going to be miserable for those 5 players for a longggg time. 

I'd actually suggest selling him and dropping back down to 4 star land at that point. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards

@Brigby can you guys at least look into letting Gambit's teammates use red and purple powers again? It makes no sense for them to not be able to after this new change, especially seeing as IM40 and Vulture don't stop their teammates from using powers and they generate much more AP. That (in my opinion) would allow him to still be useful while not neutering him as he could at least help accelerate ap generation.
    Please this!! He wouldn’t be any worse than the aforementioned 3*/4* batteries and even if he’s slightly better, he should be as a 5*. It would make him a great support character rather than the one man army he was before and the hot garbage he is now.   Please take it into consideration!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards

This of course, is assuming you aren't using Gambit with Black Bolt, the ONLY other 5* character that currently makes charged tiles. 
    Silver Surfer.
    Doesn't Starlord create green ones?
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2018
    This nerf has just sort of made me feel numb.  I don't see the point in striving for anything in this game.  They come out with something good, it's been around long enough for people to complain about it endlessly, then they come along and ruin it because of a bunch of complainers.

They didn't just nerf Gambit, they made him useless.  These people that offer their clever "suggestions" on possible nerfs, really are clueless to think they would not absolutely wreck Gambit.  Except now, we get an entire season to have his impending doom shoved in our face... YAY!

It's what the devs do over and over because they don't have any foresight to be able to balance characters properly to begin with
    The devs could have spent a fraction of the time they spent on that uninteresting feature that they call supports, on making a realistic nerf, but now they've ruined all three power, limited him on two colours, oh but you gave him a bit more health, that can be killed off in seconds.

Should I try to get more Thor, Jessica Jones  or Oyoke covers?
    Probably not, because people will complain, then you will destroy them.  You can only break people down so much, before there is nothing left to care about.  

This has finally brought me to the place of being TOTALLY FTP. 
    I am weighing that with quitting completely, which has a really nice feel to it.  They said they are focusing their attention on new players and I am not that anymore, so I know that now that I'm not spending any money anymore and I am not new, I don't matter to them anymore (and I don't expect anywhere here to care either).

I've had a lot of tinykitty things happen in my life right now and should probably focus elsewhere.
    maybe it would be almost fun to be a very sort of part time player.  I think that all the under-covered new characters would just start to annoy me and I would feel like I was a newbie again, which would get more frustrating, so who knows?

Not sure what I will do, but I will miss my alliance, who, if I do scale down or quit, I will have to leave.

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Wow you guys are bad at nerfs, or should I say great. Yes he was overpowered, but now he is really bad. His red is maybe the worst power in the game. 20 AP for 10k damage is really bad. Can we expect similar Nerf to Thor and JJ since thier red powers are a 100 times better. Who comes up with this. I was already using JJ and Thor in pve. Now I will never use gambit unless he is required. I sure am glad my gambit was free and I didn't have to buy him. You sure know how to make people look like suckers.