Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bleh5 said:
    DaSal said:
    My 5* Hulk (Bruce Banner) is 4/4/5 and I have 2 covers on the vine. But, because this character is so bad, I have no desire to waste the Iso on him. Will end up selling the covers.
    Wait until Monday so you can save the two covers. If, at some later time, he gets reworked, you have the option of champing him then and using the two covers as champ levels. 
    You will only be able save covers if you have less than 13 applied. With him fully covered the only way to get use of the 2 additional covers is to champ him.
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Bleh5 said:
    DaSal said:
    My 5* Hulk (Bruce Banner) is 4/4/5 and I have 2 covers on the vine. But, because this character is so bad, I have no desire to waste the Iso on him. Will end up selling the covers.
    Wait until Monday so you can save the two covers. If, at some later time, he gets reworked, you have the option of champing him then and using the two covers as champ levels. 
    You will only be able save covers if you have less than 13 applied. With him fully covered the only way to get use of the 2 additional covers is to champ him.
    Doh! My bad. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a while now, I've mostly been playing S2 (9AM PST) for PvE. This week, my schedule was different, so I entered HAT in S4 (8PM PST). Unfortunately, I still had it in my head as 9 o'clock, so when I sat down at 5 to 8 to start my final clears, I got one clear of one node and then it ended. :(
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP.

At 1138 in the Wiccan PvP. Firmly in 5th place, but thinking about hopping the person in 4th. Have been shielded for a while.  Have champed Gambit and champed Jessica. Equip 2 all AP boost, 2 RY boost, 2 BP boost. Attack the highest person I can queue after cycling about 100 times. It's a 28 pt match and BY FAR the highest person I can queue up. Most of the matches I queue are between 4-7 points each, totally useless. I win. Immediately shield up again.

Was attacked no less than 10 TIMES! Two of them got me for close to 120 POINTS.  And I'm in 6th now.

Somebody, for the love of all things, explain to me how that is supposed to be fun or remotely in the vicinity of something that looks or sounds like close to fair.  On second thought, don't bother. It's not. Here I am, doing exactly what they want me to do, shield hopping by using up a dumb amount of HPs, and it gets me backwards. What is the frickin' frackin' point?

I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP. I hate PvP.

/insane-hysterical-rant
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Borstock said:

At 1138 in the Wiccan PvP. Firmly in 5th place, but thinking about hopping the person in 4th. Have been shielded for a while.  Have champed Gambit and champed Jessica. Equip 2 all AP boost, 2 RY boost, 2 BP boost. Attack the highest person I can queue after cycling about 100 times. It's a 28 pt match and BY FAR the highest person I can queue up. Most of the matches I queue are between 4-7 points each, totally useless. I win. Immediately shield up again.

Was attacked no less than 10 TIMES! Two of them got me for close to 120 POINTS.  And I'm in 6th now.

Somebody, for the love of all things, explain to me how that is supposed to be fun or remotely in the vicinity of something that looks or sounds like close to fair.  On second thought, don't bother. It's not. Here I am, doing exactly what they want me to do, shield hopping by using up a dumb amount of HPs, and it gets me backwards. What is the frickin' frackin' point?

/insane-hysterical-rant
    Maybe don't hop in S5 in the last 3 hours with only a 28 pointer?
    The fact that you were only able to queue single digit points should have been a flashing red warning sign that it's not a GREAT time to hop.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Borstock said:

/insane-hysterical-rant
    Maybe don't hop in S5 in the last 3 hours with only a 28 pointer?
    The fact that you were only able to queue single digit points should have been a flashing red warning sign that it's not a GREAT time to hop.
    Yep, what he said. If you're gonna hop, which generally isn't a good idea within the last three hours of an event, make sure it's darn fast, ideally with grills. Often that means you need to load them hours before and hold on to them. The odds of finding a fast fight worth decent points in the final hours are very low.

The better option would have been to break at the very end. That would have minimized the risk of so many hits coming through on you. There's a risk, in that if you wait too long and don't finish the match, you won't get the points. Or if you go to early and finish with a minute or two left, you're open to last second hits coming through and registering right before the event ends. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    I wasn't looking for advice, guys. I know the risks involved. I was venting.

And this didn't happen in the last 3 hours. Trying to fix it did, but this didnt. 

• Borstock
    edited June 2018
    Options
    New example... America's PvP. I got to a high of 907. I then proceeded to play for another hour and a half, winning all but two matches because I tried to get cute with health packs. There's 1d 17h left in my slice. Didn't take breaks. Matches went pretty fast. I finally had to shield at 751.

I didn't keep count, but I probably played ~35 matches, lost 2 of them, and with 41 hours left to go ended up losing 156 points.

Don't tell me it's a last 3 hours thing.

And again, I'm just venting about the points. To some extent, I enjoyed trying to outpace it.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    I got to a high of 907. I then proceeded to play for another hour and a half,
    Why? In that hour and a half, you’re risking a lot of hits from people climbing from 0, shield hoppers looking for points, your retals, and hits from enforcers. When you break MMR after climbing, think about shielding ASAP.
    Remember, he doesn't want advice.

But of course he'll continue to post every bad decision he makes.

Like, climbing to shield without actually shielding.
  • Borstock
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    Why? In that hour and a half, you’re risking a lot of hits from people climbing from 0, shield hoppers looking for points, your retals, and hits from enforcers. When you break MMR after climbing, think about shielding ASAP.
    Remember, he doesn't want advice.

But of course he'll continue to post every bad decision he makes.

Like, climbing to shield without actually shielding.
    Yeah, because that's what I did.

• Borstock
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    I didn't break MMR in that time. I was still getting solid matchups.
  • Borstock
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    I didn't break MMR in that time. I was still getting solid matchups.
    I see. Your slice must be full of floaters and you’re climbing at a bad time. That’s not too bad. At least you should still be able to beat the retal nodes after they climb higher. However, when we get to 900, we are worth 75 for someone just starting the event. In general, if you notice a hit from someone climbing, then expect more to come. The way the MMR and Elo rating works, it is almost never profitable to tread water around 900. We could lose up to 75 but we might not even get 38 per match. Not to mention 20 people could be hitting us at the same time.
    Usually, this time has been good to me, because it's the last slice but early in the morning in the East. I get West-coast people who aren't awake yet. The thing that really crushed me in America's PvP was that two people around 300 decided to climb on my back. They each hit me 3 times before I decided I was tired of it and hit them back. We then basically traded strikes for 45 minutes, but there were 2 of them. I held my own really well, but after all that time went by, a couple more people woke up. That's basically where the -120 came from. It was a 2 on 1 where I was doing fine, and actually really enjoying myself, but then it turned into a 5 on 1, and I had no choice but to bail.
  • Borstock
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Borstock said:
    It was a 2 on 1 where I was doing fine, and actually really enjoying myself, but then it turned into a 5 on 1, and I had no choice but to bail.
    Well.. what can I say.. you’re worth points, so they will take what’s offered. If you retal, they don’t need to skip and waste iso to find good points. Even 2 on 1 is not a going to net you points if you win all the fights until they have the same points as you, if you’re already above 900.

I’m not sure about the actual points threshold, but if we get hit by someone from 0 when we’re above 900, they would get 75 and we would lose 75. If we’re below 900, any defensive losses are cut by 1/3.
    Yeah, I know all of these things. I still think I should be allowed to vent.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting a Heroic 10-pack in the daily resupply, and opening it to get nothing but 2*.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A person who started 100 days after I did has passed me in their roster. Go Go random number generated games.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I broke my shield in order to get a T5 placement in PVP.  I would have got my T5 placement if I didn´t get hit for 71 points in the very last minute. That person, who has hit me, didn´t even need my points (saw him in my leaderboard), he just sniped my down on purpose. I hope you´re happy now!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did 80 pulls from Latest yesterday. I had eight 5*s, with one 5* BH and not a single frigging 4* BH. When I pulled last time (coincidentally also 80 pulls) I had seven 5*s, no 5* BH and only one 4* BH.

So in roughly 160 pulls I've had ONE 4* BH. Actually, more than that, because I've gotten some 4*s from HTs and PvP tokens and none of them had BH.

And then there's my 5* rate of roughly 9-10 percent...

RNGesus hath forsaken me. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Joining up Mystique PvP.  First match is against a team with champed Archangel and America.  I bring in my champed Gladiathor and 4-star Gamora, who is boosted/champed.  I start targeting Archangel, figuring that I can stay ahead of the damage that America will do.  However, the AIs first four turns are all Match 4s.  Suddenly, the crit tiles start to flow.  Mystique goes down in two turns.  I *finally* get enough blue to stun America for three turns to try and stem the bleeding.  Gamora also goes down shortly afterwards.  By this time, Thor is singing Led Zepplin, and the AP starts to flow in my direction.  He ends up taking close to 40K damage before the fight ends after a very lucky cascade gives me enough AP to cast his green.  Not at all what I was expecting from that fight...
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Trying to finish up my Jessica Jones before she leaves. Opened my mini hoard last week and made good progress. Got a LT today.  Opened, and it's a JJ black for my 3/5/2 JJ. Just 4 hours after the cover swap deadline expired. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spending 1025cp on the Wasp store and only getting 3 5*s.